Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha - Journey to Security Post Kareah - Star Citizen

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha - Journey to Security Post Kareah - Star Citizen

Ripper jumps into day 1 of Star Citizen 2.0 Alpha for a beginning journey to the Pirate Security Post Kareah which features FPS Combat on the station itself. If only Ripper can land the damn ship without dying now... Whats New In Star Citizen 2.0? 17 New Openworld Missions: 8 Comm Array missions involving dogfighting and EVA, 8 Research missions involving protecting civilians or recovering lost data and 1 Exploration mission of an abandoned station. 20+ Random Encounters – Most are

Read the full story here

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    edited December 2015
    That landing lmfao

It actually looks pretty awesome, Rip. Looking forward to playing once it gets a bit further along in development.

May I ask what video card you're using?
  • MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Looks good. But I won't invest until there is an open beta. Even then It would be a modest amount under 100 dollars. I'd also have to be convinced spending that amount would lead to fun and not being owned by those who have spent thousands.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    So THIS is what "vaporware" looks like !

I always wondered about that... :D
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    mcrippins said:
    That landing lmfao

It actually looks pretty awesome, Rip. Looking forward to playing once it gets a bit further along in development.

May I ask what video card you're using?

I'm using an EVGA 980GTX SC Edition. Runs very nice, even though SC isn't optimized really just yet.

@SpottyGekko, Vaporware looks GOOD for 2015. :)

Happy New Years everyone! To 2016, VR Headsets and beyond!
  • kage71kage71 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    edited December 2015
    I think most of the people who are posting here kind of miss the point about investing in something they would very much like to play in the future. I myself have a ship in this game at $125 (Hornet F7C).. However here's my point, I didn't just pay out that amount of money all at once. First I got one of the smaller packages for about $25 then played it for a few months then add a few dollars to it every so often when I felt like playing a bit more. Think of it this way if you are really interested in funding this game and see it's going good I would suggest you do the same as me. A few months from now I know I am going to just add another 20 or so dollars to my account then if I have enough at that time upgrade again and by the time this game comes out I should have enough to get a really bad ship. It's kind of like casual lotto ticket buyer.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    RipperX landing it like a BOSS. Who has time to park perfectly. When you have people out there suffering from a hot lead deficiency.  ;)

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2015
    Ship i bought not in game yet ..../sigh.
    call ship...immersion lost
    Most of the rest looked pretty good,nice twist on the rotating seat.
    The mild distance LOD view of the station was very low level detail.Planets do not look scaled well or even realistic.I would want every planet i can see to be landed on,sort of like what Shards online is doing.

Umm why is there fog lighting inside an atmosphere controlled ship?Animation of the destroyed ship did not look right,it was shimmering/shaking.

Power is on ,so why is the ship hulls so dark?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    "Umm why is there fog lighting inside an atmosphere controlled ship?Animation of the destroyed ship did not look right,it was shimmering/shaking.

Power is on ,so why is the ship hulls so dark?"

Wow.. talk about nitpicking. No wonder no MMO makes anyone happy these days.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Very cool video, thanks RipperX :)
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Thanks a lot for the video!

Did the guy in your Conny leave in an escape pod before you warped out ? Or did he stay on the ship until you reached the Security Post? Was he perhaps the player you shot at in the Security Post ?

Have fun
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    Erillion said:
    Thanks a lot for the video!

Did the guy in your Conny leave in an escape pod before you warped out ? Or did he stay on the ship until you reached the Security Post? Was he perhaps the player you shot at in the Security Post ?

Have fun

Great questions and good observations man. I'm actually not sure, I think to be honest he either logged out or like you said went out in an escape pod. I don't believe he was on the ship with me when I landed. I think there was a player in the post already because right when I got in, I heard random footsteps. Very fun to say the least, besides the random bugs and crashes, when the game is working even with only minimal content, it really shows the grasp and scope of SC, very much excited for the future of this game! Cheers!