Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT 2

snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
Does anyone happen to have any information on when CBT2 will take place?  Also are there any indications of an actual release date?
Based on my play in CBT1 i would have to think they are pretty close to a finished product (other than the voice over interactions)

Thanks

Comments

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    I didn't see it, but some have said that the end of CB1 fireworks said "see you jan 7th" or something like that. Launch is supposed to be before April.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    As per the official forum, CBT2 date has not been announced yet. My guess is they'll announce it in the next couple weeks and it will start late Jan - early Feb.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    dang april launch? didnt realise it would be that far out...

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    Before April, so probably in March. Could be sooner. We don't know.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    I looked at forums, and the generally consensus is cbt should be in about 4 weeks, their history tends to show that after every live test they have taken in region of 6-8 weeks at apply fixes before the next one :) of course its all supersision as they haven't themselves announced anything, keep eye on their forum

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I am thinking CBT-2 will be in January and launch will be third week of February.
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Redruum said:
    I am thinking CBT-2 will be in January and launch will be third week of February.

Well of all the responses i certainly like your ambitious enthusiasm the most, and I actually happen to think that the whole thing hinges on the how far along they are with the voice overs for NPC's, I mean that is a huge daunting task itself. Also there were quite a few things still in Hangul (korean) that I noticed and reported during CBT 1.
    But still I hope your right!!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I cant wait to play again. 
    Well professional voice actors can record hundreds of lines per day. It obviously depends how big their studio is (i.e. how many actors can work at once) and how many actors they have. If they go the ESO way where they have maybe 5 actors total it's obviously going to take a long time.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    DMKano said:
    tom_gore said:
    Well professional voice actors can record hundreds of lines per day. It obviously depends how big their studio is (i.e. how many actors can work at once) and how many actors they have. If they go the ESO way where they have maybe 5 actors total it's obviously going to take a long time.
    The VO work is usually outsourced - so the size of the studio and number of actors doesn't come into play usually as it's all done offsite.

It comes down to - how much are you going to spend really - that's the limiting factor.
    My understanding is that non-celebrity voice actors are unbelievably cheep.
    Well the company they outsource to obviously has no unlimited pool of voice actors or studio space, so it's still a factor. But there are many companies that do voice overs so it is indeed just a matter of how much they want to invest like you said.