Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam mistake shows accounts information

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/25/10665814/valve-steam-holiday-sale-security-problems

They CLAIM no harm was done but i find that very hard to believe.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah its absolutely ridiculous their response from a moderator. This company could give a shit less about anything other than money nowadays. They act like its not a big deal someone else having your personal information. I hope this story keeps getting coverage and people get pissed and finally take it to them. Paid mods no EA refunds allowing dead vaporware games to remain on their site for sale even as devs post directly they are not working on the games anymore. The list goes on and on over the last couple of years. I think people need to get more serious on them and hold them accountable for all the garbage.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    cronius77 said:
    yeah its absolutely ridiculous their response from a moderator. This company could give a shit less about anything other than money nowadays. They act like its not a big deal someone else having your personal information. I hope this story keeps getting coverage and people get pissed and finally take it to them. Paid mods no EA refunds allowing dead vaporware games to remain on their site for sale even as devs post directly they are not working on the games anymore. The list goes on and on over the last couple of years. I think people need to get more serious on them and hold them accountable for all the garbage.
    Its already no longer on peoples radar, by tomorrow, who will even care. So a bunch of hackers DDOS'd Steam to try and disrupt the people who use it at Christmas, in the end all they managed to do was stop Steam selling games for a few hours, but seriously, would Steam even be selling that many on Christmas day? if they had done it today perhaps (boxing day) it might hit Steams sales a bit heavier. But thats all they achieved, they didn't even disrupt Steam users from using their current, or archived games, i know because to test it i queued up and downloaded a game i had in my library, and didn't have a single problem doing so.
    So while some people are shouting from the rooftops trying to make a big thing of it,  chances are, nobody really cares.
    As for the various greenlit games etc. some of which are clearly abandonware, thats a whole other issue, and yes it really does need addressing. But that is something that a DDOS attack on Christmas day of all days, will do absolutely nothing about.
  • MseroticaMserotica Member UncommonPosts: 6
    or people could use G2A which sells way cheaper then steam 99.99% of time i picked up well over 100+ of my games off there had i went to steam....i'd be broke LOL