Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ya think there is/will be a Game?

13»

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Did CIG ever act on their threat of legal action against The Escapist? They clearly threatened legal action if the article wasn't retracted.... and the article wasn't retracted, but there has been no legal action.  
    lol no, it was just an empty threat by Ortwyn.
    Or none of the participating parties speak about it in public.

Or there was a settlement with a non-disclosure agreement. 
    Yeah of course, of course.

..Cake..

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Did CIG ever act on their threat of legal action against The Escapist? They clearly threatened legal action if the article wasn't retracted.... and the article wasn't retracted, but there has been no legal action.  
    lol no, it was just an empty threat by Ortwyn.
    Or none of the participating parties speak about it in public.

Or there was a settlement with a non-disclosure agreement. 

Have fun 
    Now who is rumor mongering or making unsubstantiated guesses?

Everyone knows what the Escapists said was based on truth (at least the truth the sources were privy to)

I also suspect that Escapist is writing the mother of all expose' pieces. Like I said before its only been 9 or 10 weeks since that story broke. People have been waiting on this game for 3 years+. So 2 and a half months is nothing.

The problem with CiG now is they have A LOT more people working for them and that opens up a lot more people to start talking especially if they leave or get let go. No wonder the pay roll is 3 million its cheaper to overpay people than it is to let them go and have them talk and stop the gravy train (conjecture of course but just realistic enough to be plausible).
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    rodarin said:
     making unsubstantiated guesses?
    "...According to the most recently-available statistics, about 95 percent of pending lawsuits end in a pre-trial settlement...."

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/what-percentage-of-lawsuits-settle-before-trial-what-are-some-statistics-on-personal-injury-settlements/

Have fun 
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    "...According to the most recently-available statistics, about 95 percent of pending lawsuits end in a pre-trial settlement...."

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/what-percentage-of-lawsuits-settle-before-trial-what-are-some-statistics-on-personal-injury-settlements/

Have fun 
    Wow, just wow. they made the threats 10 weeks ago, nothing gets settled that fast even on TV.

And if anything part of any settlement would involve the Escapist recanting the entire story. Since that hasnt happened then the fantasy land shit your trying to come up with is just more fantasy land nonsense.

Besides settlement or not its all part of a public record, which anyone can get a copy of. Also something that doesnt exist.

But cite some made up stats that are totally irrelevant to this specific topic.

This is akin to the lawyer saying that the mistrial of the cop that was charged with killing that guy in Maryland wasnt a big deal because 70% of mistrials that get retried result in a  conviction. Laughable stuff.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    rodarin said:
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

Have fun 
    Wow, just wow. they made the threats 10 weeks ago, nothing gets settled that fast even on TV.

And if anything part of any settlement would involve the Escapist recanting the entire story. Since that hasnt happened then the fantasy land shit your trying to come up with is just more fantasy land nonsense.

Besides settlement or not its all part of a public record, which anyone can get a copy of. Also something that doesnt exist.

This is akin to the lawyer saying that the mistrial of the cop that was charged with killing that guy in Maryland wasnt a big deal because 70% of mistrials that get retried result in a  conviction. Laughable stuff.
    LOL thank you I was going to say just about the same thing.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited December 2015
    2015 was just a tip of an iceberg for what is coming in 2016 from the press. Just wait. It should be interesting.

Settlement? You have no idea :D
  • Little-BootLittle-Boot Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

Have fun 
    But the article is still up... obviously any settlement would require removal (if not retraction) of the article. You are talking nonsense. 
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

Have fun 
    And clearly those stats pertain to this since we all know it's a personal injury settlement :confounded: 
  • Little-BootLittle-Boot Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

Have fun 
    And clearly those stats pertain to this since we all know it's a personal injury settlement :confounded: 
    I hadn't even noticed that there was a link to personal injury settlements... the mind boggles Oo. 

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    rodarin said:
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

Have fun 

If I was the escapist lawyers I wouldn't really worry too much about CIG winning any lawsuit anyway based on 2 simple facts.

1) Ortwin doesn't do fact checking before running his mouth(or pen if you will) since he seems to think Lizzy is a man.
    2) You would think that Ortwin, being a lawyer, would know the difference between libel and slander but he doesn't.

So I wouldn't really be shaking in my boots if I was served a letter from him lol.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    jcrg99 said:
    2015 was just a tip of an iceberg for what is coming in 2016 from the press. Just wait. It should be interesting.

Settlement? You have no idea :D
    So someone somewhere has a big article cooking. Most likely based on "inside Information". Thank you for that Information ;-) 

Have fun