Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KR Version Open Dungeon Akman Temple Ruins Exploring - Black Desert Online

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageKR Version Open Dungeon Akman Temple Ruins Exploring - Black Desert Online

Black Desert Online has a lot of Open World dungeons and this is by far the hardest one of them all. You'll see why! LOL at that jump fail, almost got rekt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    *looks around* uh huh, hmm, yes I have concluded you are a dungeon. Good job.

Seriously though, not sure exactly what's so hard about this. the whole thing is a single tower staircase with one or two rooms on each level attached with enemies inside. Maybe the enemies were hard but i only saw her have two problems the whole time, one time when she got careless and got basically one shotted, and the other when she slipped off the edge, which i have done many times before I might add otherwise the mobs either left her alone or couldn't catch her.

Hard would be, avoiding obstacles like dropping blades, trying to navigate small walk ways or having to stealth around. Again maybe the mobs are hard or she didn't show the entire dungeon but I didn't see anything particularly difficult or something that makes it the hardest of them all. Unless the others are simple straight pathways but than that would make them worse than this one, and this one didn't seem particularly hard environment wise which is really the only thing that was shown

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Well, being one shotted seems to be an issue so that is something a player would have to be concerned with.

Though the video says that there are many open dungeons in this game and this is the first time I've heard such a thing!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    What I gather from this video:

1) Dungeons will be multi-tiered. Great.
    2) Soloing in them could be a challenge. Great.
    3) Seems to be more small group or large group oriented. Great.
    4) Mobs are packed in such a way that you have to watch surroundings. Great.
    5) They will be fairly large. Great.
    6) Could probably keep the guild drama at high levels, so that mercenaries like myself. Can continue to line our pockets :D

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Sovrath said:
    Well, being one shotted seems to be an issue so that is something a player would have to be concerned with.

Though the video says that there are many open dungeons in this game and this is the first time I've heard such a thing!

Until I saw the end of the video where he was equiping his gear back xD

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I can just see players running past all the mobs just to get to the loot dropping boss....whats the point of having the mobs there in the first place if they can be so easily avoided?
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    I like the idea of open world, public dungeons, but as with all things - comes down to the implementation.
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Man I just love Steparu's videos...Love Steparukins :p
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Kinda seems like maybe some haven't experienced open world dungeons in a pvp game. There will be rare spawns most likely, the mobs are there to even it up a little bit in pvp. Don't jump around like a fool and pull the whole room, unless you are a suicide train. Trolling at its best..

Not sure what to say, it won't be a dungeon in the pve sense some will want. Of course there isn't any structure in a pve sense to begin with..
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    After viewing this video i'm no longer exited about this game. that dungeon is BLAND. i played the CBT and was impressed with the visuals of what i saw, but man that dungeon he is in looks horrible. like a cardboard box with sand in it.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I think find it funny alot complain about Black Desert not having any dungeon when they do bring out a dungeon then it's not hard or to hard or does not look as good. Like any other mmo a few will like it alot will hate it. For me don't care much about dungeon there people out there that does I find it even in other mmo doing the same thing over and over when there no change it is mind less and broken half the time with over gear people.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited December 2015
    The mobs do not keep on chasing her like they used to in Everquest anyway. Which allows her to run about like that. Mob density is quite high but the dungeon itself is a stairway leading to small caverns. This probably allows more groups to be in there and there will be PvP battles in there too I take it.

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Can't wait. Looking forward to this game.