Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Technomancer: New Screenshots of the upcoming Sci-Fi RPG from Spiders

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks pretty cool but i can tell you that a Stamina bar is not going to be good because it severely limits what you can do.Every single game i have used a stamina bar makes me want to quit,it not only limits combat but it basically forces you to rest to full stamina every fight because you will only  have a set number of moves to make then the stamina is gone again.

We already have a long time system to fake tiring and that is the loss of hit points,you need to rest those hp back but it should not stop you from performing your abilities and use skill to prolong those hp's.

To further explain stamina bars,think of it like a set amount of damage you can do,it doesn't matter what your skills are like your damage is already predetermined,it really trivializes combat and skills.The closest thing you could do to mimic real life tiring is to lower the damage make it relevant to how tired you are but then you need more systems to determine why and how much you are getting tired rather than just say ok move #1 takes 50 stamina and move   #2 takes 40 stamina,it is a very unrealistic and a weak system to design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    looks very cool indeed.  Thanks for the heads up on this one.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Wizardry said:
    Looks pretty cool but i can tell you that a Stamina bar is not going to be good because it severely limits what you can do.Every single game i have used a stamina bar makes me want to quit,it not only limits combat but it basically forces you to rest to full stamina every fight because you will only  have a set number of moves to make then the stamina is gone again.

We already have a long time system to fake tiring and that is the loss of hit points,you need to rest those hp back but it should not stop you from performing your abilities and use skill to prolong those hp's.

To further explain stamina bars,think of it like a set amount of damage you can do,it doesn't matter what your skills are like your damage is already predetermined,it really trivializes combat and skills.The closest thing you could do to mimic real life tiring is to lower the damage make it relevant to how tired you are but then you need more systems to determine why and how much you are getting tired rather than just say ok move #1 takes 50 stamina and move   #2 takes 40 stamina,it is a very unrealistic and a weak system to design.
    Depends how it regenerates... for instance in Vindictus it works fine... you barely know its there, unless you really start to spam those heavy blows, then you'll notice it.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Looks great, I love that they dared to go out of whack with their sci fi setting.

That said, if they do an Assassin's Creed / Shadow of Mordor style open world map with pointless sidequests and collectibles and make this "Zachariah" a brooding Mary Sue with a dark past, I will quit the game within the first hour. 

So please, be original in that regard too.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes i agree if the Stamina bar is incorporated really well,then yes  it could work,i have just never seen one done well.
    Some of those creatures look cool but the combat is sort of bland,i am not sure how long i could endure that constant polearm spinning attacks.Who knows if it has some decent depth i may give this game a whirl.

Watching the video a second time,i realize that i have seen this exact same video awhile ago,i don't remember exactly how long ago but at least several months.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Sounds like he's a lightning elementalist, not a technomancer...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Looks interesting will have to keep it on my radar.

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Looks pretty great but those are obviously bullshots. Graphics are the last thing they should worry about too.