Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the likelyhood Star Citizen has a psychologist on board?

13»

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    its like RL trading cards or cars collections, paints , or whatever ... ppl wont use the cars because dont want to break it , the cards arent ever used since it cost thousands of $ .... lots of ppl buy things that wont ever get used , humans are like that and always will...

hell i bought some Psx games just to have it , never got used , the disk is intact .... we all fall for it :chuffed:

SC goes beyond that 100M is a lot of for a game that even isnt out...
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Nope

Just a good marketing team.... They in turn most likely have a degree in marketing... that i turn includes reading some psychology, or at least theories regarding to human motivation and behavior. 

So they might have some people who have degrees in the field... But i do not think they have a fully licensed psychologist on the team.... 

They might need a therapist though to help the poor sods developing the game cope with the "community" and the attitudes people have. (talking about the grunts here, and middle management) 

This have been a good conversation

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    tawess said:

They might need a therapist though to help the poor sods developing the game cope with the "community" and the attitudes people have. (talking about the grunts here, and middle management) 
    They might need private security if this game doesn't release or releases in a fashion that does not live up to the hype. Cause when that train smashes into the wall and people realize that spent hundreds to thousands on this you know the death threats will start rolling in
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kiyoris said:
    So, I find this interesting.

This game generated $100 million. That's...amazing.

They seem to know what they're doing to generate the maximum amount of profits.

They realized that keeping crowdfunding going as long as possible, would keep generating more and more profit.

Not only that. They seem to be keenly aware of certain things.

They realize that limiting the sale of some ships, making them more exclusive, creates far more interest in them. Allowing them to ask ridiculous sums for them.

They realize that putting time limits on sales,  creates more interest in them, it keeps people hooked. Those spenders don't want to miss a sale.

They know things that a lay person who doesn't understand the human psyche, knows.

I would be amazed if they figured all this out on their own, and didn't have at least one psychologist helping them generate the most amount of money.
    I think its highly likely.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Wizardry said:
    No i honestly believe the game will come but will never be a Triple A game.
    to be completely fair by comparision I think it already is a Triple A game. There really isnt much to a triple A game outside of graphics and they (SC) have that covered so now all we need to do is take an honest look at game play.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me