Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello Kitty Online Hacked

jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
According to wired.com as many as 3.3 users may have been compromised or probably more accurately; their parents. Nothing is sacred. 

Seaspite
Playing ESO on my X-Box

Comments

• ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited December 2015
    I'm beginning to wonder if these massive data leaks that happen to Asian and Russian companies are less "hacks" and more massive honey pots designed to get a world wide audience of sensitive data without actually working all that hard to get it.

Personally, if I wanted to get the personal information of a few million people the first thing I would do is get back into game development or open up a dating site.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Lol Unintertionally funny posts. I left out the million. 3.3 million kids play this game. 

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    It's actually not a bad game. Play it. You'll be surprised. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm beginning to wonder if these massive data leaks that happen to Asian and Russian companies are less "hacks" and more massive honey pots designed to get a world wide audience of sensitive data without actually working all that hard to get it.

Personally, if I wanted to get the personal information of a few million people the first thing I would do is get back into game development or open up a dating site.
    Rest assured, these "massive data breaches" are more common in the west than in the east. Consumers in the west have more disposable income, credit cards and internet access per capita than anywhere else in the world.

These kinds of cyber attacks will only increase in frequency and scope in the coming years. Be prepared to change your logon credentials (and credit cards) every 2 to 3 months in future.

Cyber crime will inevitably increase massively, because currently the risks of being caught AND punished are fairly trivial. 
  • gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    wow! that was close!
    almost didn't make it for the post-of-the-year in 2015!