Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a bit of money spare for CROWFALL, should I buy the BLOODSTONE PATRON? It´s only 10,000 USD

JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
edited December 2015 in Crowfall
This seems like a great deal, should I buy in? Will it give me any unfair advantage? I love unfair advantage.

Pledge $10,000

BLOODSTONE PATRON:

+ Manipulate the rules and name your own time-limited campaign (Subject to approval from ArtCraft).
+ Name in credits as Design Advisor
+ Invitation to Private Dinner with Founders, JTC and GW (travel not included)
+ 80 bonus tax-free parcels for your personal Kingdom (160 total), starting title King/Queen
+ Upgrade (to Imperial Palace) your personal Kingdom's exclusive Kickstarter stronghold
+ 1 Additional Manor for your personal Kingdom (3 total)
+ Bloodstone Avatar Frame
+ Bloodstone Forum Badge
+ Bloodstone Patron Title in credits

+ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    edited December 2015
    Why not. Maybe you can ask them to donate half of the money for a good benefit at the private dinner.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Depends on whether or not you want the pay the IRS to play a video game or have the Federal Government watchdogs scrutinize your spending habits.  Might be fun! 
  • JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Pepeq said:
    Depends on whether or not you want the pay the IRS to play a video game or have the Federal Government watchdogs scrutinize your spending habits.  Might be fun! 
    Why should they care what I spend my money on? How´s that the business of the nanny state?
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Or you  can give the money to me and you will feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Or you  can give the money to me and you will feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    I´m reading your avatar. Avatar says "No."
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2015
    If you have 10k now why not put it aside and wait and see how things shape up a bit more? You're already a little bit late to the process. I promise you if you wait and decide that you want to put up 10k later they're not going to say "too late". That's what having that type of cash laying around does today.

Crowfall looks promising and I actually have some faith in the dev team but I'm waiting for a few things to clean up before I buy in (for regular price of course). Combat is still janky AF. It needs way more polishing and weight added to it etc. If you have 10k burning a hole in your pocket go let it make some more money for you while you wait.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    You created three threads on $10k funding and given your history as part of the star citizen fanboi brigade its obvious what your aim is.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Shaigh said:
    You created three threads on $10k funding and given your history as part of the star citizen fanboi brigade its obvious what your aim is.
    oh really. We can only talk about money when it´s about Star Citizen? Is that so? Friendo?

Got a problem talking about 10K pledge rewards of Crowfall and others, for some reason?

Please don´t take this off topic. This is about the BLOODSTONE PATRON.
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    This seems like a great deal, should I buy in? Will it give me any unfair advantage? I love unfair advantage.

Pledge $10,000

BLOODSTONE PATRON:

+ Manipulate the rules and name your own time-limited campaign (Subject to approval from ArtCraft).
    + Name in credits as Design Advisor
    + Invitation to Private Dinner with Founders, JTC and GW (travel not included)
    + 80 bonus tax-free parcels for your personal Kingdom (160 total), starting title King/Queen
    + Upgrade (to Imperial Palace) your personal Kingdom's exclusive Kickstarter stronghold
    + 1 Additional Manor for your personal Kingdom (3 total)
    + Bloodstone Avatar Frame
    + Bloodstone Forum Badge
    + Bloodstone Patron Title in credits

+ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS

Not really a follower of the game, but I would say most of the above doesn't give any advantage. Without knowing the game, I would say only 3 of the items have any chance of giving you something in game:

80 bonus tax-free parcels - guess tax free is always good, but it's only 80.
    Upgrade to Imperial Palace - guessing this could net you some extra gold/resources?
    1 additional Manor - again, guessing this will give you a small amount of gold/resources.

The rest of the stuff is just fluff. I can think of a better way to spend $10,000. For instance, I would be willing to farm in-game for you 5 hours a week for 1 full year. Again, I don't know the specifics of the game, but I would be willing to bet that my 260 hours would net you more than anything you get from the pledge. Just let me know.  =)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The only reason to invest that kind of money in any game, is if you are going to get a % of the future profits from the game on release. Anything else is just stupid.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    What those guys who are white knighting Star Citizen like its their mom dont realize this is ALL because of what starr citizen has done and is doing. EVERY game that comes along and tries to affix the "AAA" tab to it will think theyre justified to do it. These packages are going to be more and more common, and eventuially theyre going to try and out do each other, only a question of when the first 100K pledge package come out.

My guess is before this time next year.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Obviously a troll thread but I will bite:

Whether you should or should not pledge 5 figures is really only something you can determine based on your resources.  To some folks $10k would be life changing money.  To others it's pocket change.

As to whether or not it gives an advantage I would say again, that depends on your goals.  If you have a lot of friends and want to focus on your personal "Eternal Kingdom" then this will give you a big head start but it won't really effect the rest of the game very much.   To draw a comparison with with Star Citizen it would be like buying extra ships to use in the Squadron 42 part of the game...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2015
    Yes OP i suggest you buy a few ,heck buy 10 and hand them out to users on mmorpg.

Then if you still have any money left over SC has a package worth 15,000 ,yep sounds like an awesome deal for some virtual pixels a bunch of 0's and 1's.

If this does not interest you Lord British needs a trip to the moon and has literally thousands of dollars of in game assets to buy and for only 10-12k you can sing,party and dance with the devs themselves,that has got to be a sure fire bargain if i have ever seen one.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Shaigh said:
    oh really. We can only talk about money when it´s about Star Citizen? Is that so? Friendo?

Got a problem talking about 10K pledge rewards of Crowfall and others, for some reason?

Please don´t take this off topic. This is about the BLOODSTONE PATRON.
    I have no problems talking about crowdfunding rewards, problem is that you are just trolling.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Phry said:
    The only reason to invest that kind of money in any game, is if you are going to get a % of the future profits from the game on release. Anything else is just stupid.
    oh WOW how much % should I get for my 10K, if the budget is in the millions range?

How about 0,000001% yearly profit! Oh boy, could as well put it into the bank for more interest.

Think before making suggestions, please.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    oh WOW how much % should I get for my 10K, if the budget is in the millions range?

How about 0,000001% yearly profit! Oh boy, could as well put it into the bank for more interest.

Think before making suggestions, please.

Obviously the concept of stocks and shares eludes you.
    Perhaps you should think before making such disparaging remarks, saves you looking silly later.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
This discussion has been closed.