Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha 2.0 - Day 1 Highlights with RipperX - Star Citizen

2»

Comments

• redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    Brenics said:
    Just wish they wouldn't edit these videos. You can clearly see it was at beginning. At least he admitted he was crashing.

Looks nice never would say it doesn't but it clearly needs a LOT of work to even get to a good alpha state.

Full Playthrough Part 1 coming up in the next few days, this was just a Livestream highlight video so it was more edited to show some of the highlights, you can see the latest Playthrough vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV9CRiPPJpE which should be up on mmorpg.com in the next few days. Cheers and Happy Holidays!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I feel sorry for them that this is all they can muster after 4 years and 100m. ( CR claimed to the game had 1 year development before the KS )

The graphics arent impressive in the least.. Ships and cars are some of the easiest objects to make look great ( SC has 2 or 3 total colors it seems ).. I would go so far as saying that Driveclub looks as good if not better.

Also every where I have looked the game has ran pretty terrible. Yeah Yeah " Alpha ".. Version 2.0 also would make you think that some big improvements have happened but that isnt the case. 

They obviously need more money so they are shoveling this pile of crap out in hopes it will keep the cash coming in.. It will of course since the whales attached to this game have no brains at all.
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    SlyLoK said:
    I feel sorry for them that this is all they can muster after 4 years and 100m. ( CR claimed to the game had 1 year development before the KS )

The graphics arent impressive in the least.. Ships and cars are some of the easiest objects to make look great ( SC has 2 or 3 total colors it seems ).. I would go so far as saying that Driveclub looks as good if not better.

Also every where I have looked the game has ran pretty terrible. Yeah Yeah " Alpha ".. Version 2.0 also would make you think that some big improvements have happened but that isnt the case. 

They obviously need more money so they are shoveling this pile of crap out in hopes it will keep the cash coming in.. It will of course since the whales attached to this game have no brains at all.

"The graphics arent impressive in the least.. Ships and cars are some of the easiest objects to make look great "

Ouch. You sound incredible unintelligent and ignorant about games development. Pretty sure you shouldn't talk about other people having "brains" or not.

The scope of the game is immense. Your footnote comparison to Driveclub is astoundingly pathetic.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    pingo said:
    SlyLoK said:

"The graphics arent impressive in the least.. Ships and cars are some of the easiest objects to make look great "

Ouch. You sound incredible unintelligent and ignorant about games development. Pretty sure you shouldn't talk about other people having "brains" or not.

The scope of the game is immense. Your footnote comparison to Driveclub is astoundingly pathetic.
    What scope? Point to me the existing scope of the game. Space flight and pretty terrible FPS mechanics with black space with white , grey , blue , red textures are all there is at the moment. Not only that but only a fraction of the existing " scope " is loaded at any given moment. A space station is only loaded once you get a certain distance from it. Those fast travel dots off in the distance are just that until you actually travel to them are they ever loaded.

The comparison is valid. I would say Driveclub has more loaded at any given time than SC currently does. Which makes it worse once you think about it.

No need to get salty because your " game " is limping along after 4 years and 100m. 
  • arliendarkarliendark Member CommonPosts: 1
    Reading these comments a few things become clear... one is that people are lazy and don't bother to look information up before they spout off, and two is that people love to disrespect each other.

Star Citizen has been in development for 3 years, not 4. It's in a "pre alpha" phase, and it's having trouble with net code. No real surprises there.

It uses a LOD system to keep your computer from rendering things you can't see any way, also not a surprise almost every game out there does.

The current alpha consists of one planet, and one moon, not a whole system, yet.

The game costs $30.00 you can spend more if you want but anything you can buy with $$ you can earn by just playing the game.

CIG is developing two games at the same time. Squadren 42, and Star Citizen. They use the same assets, and the same lore, but one is a single player/co-op campaign, the other is a Server based MMO, with the option for clients (That means the players) to own and run their own servers, using Star Citizen Assets, and any mod assets to make their own Space Game.

Chris Roberts never told people the game has one year of Development before kickstarter, he said he'd have something to show in a year. It was called the hanger module.

PVP is rampant in the alpha because there is no price for your actions, and no price for your loses either. So why not blow stuff up? (It should be mentioned that people going Ham on each other is typically in and around the FFA station... which is there so people will go there... and go ham on each other.)

Elements such as Stealth, mercantile, ship repair (Other than the repair stations), Minning, Crafting, Jump point plotting, Nav Plotting, exploration, Fueling, Modding and I'm sure I'm missing other stuff, is not in the game yet. (stealth and scanning are in, to a very limited degree.)

why make a 2.0 vid when we're in 2.1? (I say this because the latest patch for 2.1c is very stable indeed.)

Star Citizen is NOT in a stable format for public consumption. As a biased backer, I'm happy with what I've spent my money on, cannot wait for the future and will see those of you who join what is probably the best community in gaming, in the verse.
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    ArlienDark, good stuff man. I made a 2.0 video because it was in 2.0 at the time, this video was from a few weeks back. I'm pretty sure SlyLok is Derilick my ballz Smurt but I won't get my panties in a bunch over it.

As for the game itself, something of this magnitude has never been done before, it's essentially 2 games merging into 1, the Space and FPS elements which is bloody fantastic, but obviously something this big takes time and of course money. I'm a backer as well and damn proud. I think this will take high end PC Gaming to the next level. I don't mind waiting and am still pumped to play parts of the early pre-alpha. Happy New Year guys!
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Chris Roberts has tried to make this game, at this magnitude before.   And failed.  At Digital Anvil, he failed to produce a game at all, in four years of work.  Of course, if you folks keep giving him 3mil+ a month (covering his general employee cost), maybe he will, in a couple more years.   The less Roberts has to do with the actual game design, development and management, the more likely you are to see a decent game in a decent time frame.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    not interested and what puts me off even more is you will have to pay every month,they just call it insurance for your ship and not a subscription,lol.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I have always said this game will be the next version of EVE and now we see it. Thank God I have no spend one penny into this gank fest

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Raquis said:
    not interested and what puts me off even more is you will have to pay every month,they just call it insurance for your ship and not a subscription,lol.
    Insurance is paid for by in-game currency. NOT by real money...

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Azzras said:
    Raquis said:
    Insurance is paid for by in-game currency. NOT by real money...
    Says who? The game is far from released, you dont think once the ship selling dries up they wont sell insurance for real money to keep cash flowing/ Youre very naive if you think that.

There will for 100% certainty be some way to either buy in game money for real life cash or buy every single in game perk or 'hindrance for real life cash. Depending on how they plan on getting around tax issues.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited December 2015
    rodarin said:
    Says who? 
    Says the FAQ on insurance in SC. 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/Insurance-FAQ

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    CR changed the TOS without changing the date so what is to say he won't change anything he has on the site. Hard to believe anything on that site.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    Says who? 
    Says the FAQ on insurance in SC. 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/Insurance-FAQ

Have fun
    I dont see any FAQ that asks "will insurance be available for real life cash". It only mentions the option to buy it with in game credits. Which I addressed. If you cant buy it directly for cash there will certainly be a way to buy in game credits for real life cash so it is semantics at that point.

ANYONE who has read more than 3 things about this game knows one thing for certain, IF it can be sold it WILL be sold (for real life money).
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    The game is coming along nicely, interested to see what we'll see in 2016 in the PTU.
  • bullymaysbullymays Member UncommonPosts: 17
    The graphics literally looked like a 4x RTS game, wonky controls, and a HUD that took up 1/2 the screen with just garbage.  Have been looking forward to this game for a couple years and not interested in the least anymore.

And to say that nothing has been attempted like this before is living under a rock.  No Mans Sky trailers, vids, etc. put this to shame.  Not even same ballpark.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    So this made it look JUST as stupid as H1Z1 but set in space...
  • ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Well that looked fun.... NOT. Guess this is another PVP orient game I'll be passing on...

---
    Ethion