Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sweet, Salty, Popcorn Gaming - Devilian Review

2»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited December 2015
    deleted
    Post edited by FrodoFragins on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I could not for the life of me remember why i deleted this game so fast last time, so i had to actually spark it up again.10 minutes deleted again and here is why...

1Glyph,most annoying pile of rubbish ever.It says i am login fro ma new location every single time and guess what NO,i am at the same pc,the same ID,the IP,the same chair,same house ,nothing has changed,super annoying.

2 Opening movie:Cheap,budget a failing grade 1/5

3Customization: No stats,no races,visual only a fail 1/5

4 No camera movement...grrr so yeah a typical moba type game.I remember this site and Trion claiming this was going to be changed,lies still the same.

5 controls:At first i thought only two choices and i was ready to instantly delete but then after picking one i was able to use the menu to add my own settings...sort of.It does not allow all buttons to be used so 3/5 .I was also not able to have any control over the camera view at all.

6 game play.:All i have to say is,do they even play their own games?To explain,i have my movement set to arrows keys where i like it ok good on that front.The movement is set to mouse ok but still uses both r/l to move and no targeting,very annoying.This is where it was DELETE time,,i had to use my abilities OMG,how do they think i am going to use 1 my mouse,2 my arrows keys and 3 my 1/2/3/4 to use abilities,do they think people have 3 hands?

So it is a fail on all fronts except control customization gets a slight pass,terribly designed game ,basically a moba using a login screen and cumbersome to play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I am avoiding MMOs for a while. The most interaction I wish to have at this time is with multiplayer (5 - 64 players). I'm getting more enjoyment out of single player, open world, CRPGs. Currently playing: Rebel Galaxy; and Sword Coast Legends. I'm picking up, during the sale, Pillars of Eternity, Mad Max Fury Road and Gunslingers of Juarez (not sure exact name), and MAYBE Fall Out 4.

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• EsprakamomotEsprakamomot Member UncommonPosts: 13
    is there an auction house in this game?
  • MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I will check this game out as soon as I get bored of WoW or ESO. The only two MMOs I play. Loving both and have been playing WoW for 11 years. Blah blah blah I am part of the problem with MMOs. Don't care.
    All I want to do is have fun.  All the negativity in this thread towards the game, along with good scores from Bill and DMKano are enough for me to give it a look.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Esprakamomot said:
    is there an auction house in this game?

Yeah there is, I've used it a couple times. Apparently they made it so that your account has to be flagged as a non free account to use it though? I don't know I spent money in another Trion game and that made me able to use it I guess.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    edited December 2015
    This game has a button that autoruns you to every quest and feels like every random browser p2w mmo out there, only a bit prettier. It's not worth anyone's time in the western world.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    You can almost hear the sound of cash exchanging hands here.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    If something is too easy even by MMO standards, it's probably way too easy for me. It would be nice to get an ARPG that doesn't assume you're a complete idiot for a change.
  • grafas7grafas7 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    can anyone tell me if 2GB of RAM is enough to play this game ?
    please answer me too my email: [email protected]
    much appreciated,thanks
  • excela69excela69 Member CommonPosts: 12
    MoonKnightt said:
    I will check this game out as soon as I get bored of WoW or ESO. The only two MMOs I play. Loving both and have been playing WoW for 11 years. Blah blah blah I am part of the problem with MMOs. Don't care.All I want to do is have fun.  All the negativity in this thread towards the game, along with good scores from Bill and DMKano are enough for me to give it a look.

if u r loving wow and eso, u no need waste ur time to try this game out, wow and eso way better and fun than this game. heck this game is even way inferior compare to d3.
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Fair review, the most annoying thing for me thus far is that every other quest giver is laying down like they are dead... its just stupid at this point :/
  • HonestReviewsHonestReviews Member CommonPosts: 1
    Pros of the game

FREE TO PLAY (unless you decide to pay to get ahead to get advantages).

Relatively easy game to master

Most dungeons are solo able and farming stuff to upgrade is relatively easy

In PVP dungeons, item stats get neutralized (low level get boosted stats) so people with better gear dont have a relatively high advantage over lower levels

Cons

Game was released as a half baked cookie and every patch the devs/admins changes the game mechanics which throws their already diminishing player base into further protest or confusion.

Patches seems to bring about more bugs to the game then fixing it ( recently guild boxes which had a random chance of obtaining items were bugged resulting in players have a 0% chances in obtaining certain items from guild boxes)

Plenty of bugs in the game early on which enabled exploiters to exploit the game giving them a significant advantages above those who refused to exploit or were unaware of the exploit. Although Trion claims that most of the players who exploited the items were banned, there is still doubt within the community that the exploited items may have been stored or transferred to alternative accounts.

Currently one class dominates the game and is able to CC, tank, heal as well as top dps (evokers)

No point playing melees since in PVP (range class dominates), and in dungeons mobs can be CC easily by range classes and boss can be kited very easily.

Boring, non challenging PVE content which mostly involves grinding. Easy end game content which meant that most players who started out early had already hit max upgrade on their gears with nothing else to do except store items for the next content update (who knows when).

There will be PAY TO WIN players who might not have an advantage in PVP dungeons but in open ground PVP, item stats are NOT neutralized and pay 2 win players will significantly have an advantage in open grounds PVP.

PAY TO WIN players also have a relatively high advantage in PVE content (dungeon tickets from boses are easily obtainable)

Since most dungeons can be soloed easily if you have decent gears, there is not much interaction between players as you can run dungeons as and when you like.

Dwindling population in certain servers making it hard to pvp queues to pop, an easily controllable economy which can be monopolized by players, hard to find groups to do anything.....farming zone also mostly dominate by one guild in Ravan server.

Plenty of trolling going on in announcement with players directing their frustration at each other over the publishers (Trions) unpopular decisions.

Diminishing population due to the lack of content, unhappiness over Trions decision maing,

Overall rating 5/10.

You dont have to spent to win in this game but know that paying 2 win will definitely get you a significant advantage over other players.