Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Descent: Underground Steams Ahead a Previews at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageDescent: Underground Steams Ahead a Previews at MMORPG.com

Descent: Underground continues to get better as the Austin team introduces new game modes and power-ups. Red Thomas heads to Austin and gets the latest details on what the Descendent Studios team has in the pipe for the project, and specifically how they involve their community.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    No. No. No. No. No. No. Enough of turning the games we loved into f*cking multiplayer games. They did this sh*t with Mechwarrior and I refuse to play Mechwarrior Online. I swear to Christ, developers have lost their spine when it comes to making games that are NOT part of the mainstream. I don't give a damn about e-sports. I don't give a damn about PvP. But then again, money talks and bullsh*t walks.

Sad state of the gaming world today.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Wingman FTW.

He and his team can and will score with this.

Have fun
  • RavensworthRavensworth Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Sorry. I love Descent and Eric Petersen, but this is more of an FPS or simulation than an MMO and deserves coverage on a different site. Great write up but go look at Gates of Horizon add it to the game list and write a review. That is an MMO!

• G4NK3DG4NK3D Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited December 2015
    I hate seeing when people complain about a multiplayer element being added into a game. Developers are in it to make a game that people enjoy, but at the same time they are trying to find a way to make the game appeal to a larger audience and thus also make it a more profitable game. Nobody is trying to kill the single player element to a game that you may love and enjoy. What it seems like to me is that they would like to add a multiplayer element in as well to bring in the masses and have a larger and broader spectrum of players who can enjoy this game all together. It's like "CoD", although I can't stand most of the CoD franchise it doesn't mean it's a bad game, my kid loves it. It has a single player element with it's campaign but at the same time the other portion of the game which actually brings in a majority of the players is the multiplayer. From a business perspective this is a great move on their part in my opinion and you can stick to your single player portions of the game if you so choose.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Harbinger1975 said:
    No. No. No. No. No. No. Enough of turning the games we loved into f*cking multiplayer games. They did this sh*t with Mechwarrior and I refuse to play Mechwarrior Online. I swear to Christ, developers have lost their spine when it comes to making games that are NOT part of the mainstream. I don't give a damn about e-sports. I don't give a damn about PvP. But then again, money talks and bullsh*t walks.

Sad state of the gaming world today.

Not everyone wants just straight up single player games. Even the people who loved the originals. I have little to no interest in playing single player games now while I used to only play single player games back in the day. It's just not as fun for me for some reason. I'm okay with them remaking things into multiplayer modern day games as long as they are fun.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Are they removing the section single player option? That would be the only reason to be so concerned. Even with the original Descent , I played it co-op. One would play and another would watch and comment over the shoulder. Multiplayer and DLC increases the shelf life of a game. I'm surprised any one on this site would be anti-multiplayer. Usually we are complaining that our games are massively single player and we want for more player interaction.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Descent needs a campaign. Too bad they didn´t hit that stretch goal.

Cool game though, got it on sale on Steam
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    SomeHuman said:
    Are they removing the section single player option? That would be the only reason to be so concerned. Even with the original Descent , I played it co-op. One would play and another would watch and comment over the shoulder. Multiplayer and DLC increases the shelf life of a game. I'm surprised any one on this site would be anti-multiplayer. Usually we are complaining that our games are massively single player and we want for more player interaction.
    I don't think so.  I hadn't heard anything about removing a single-player option.  If anything, the new map kit and support for community-created mods would suggest it'll be even more robust, but that latter part is more guess than fact.  I think it's a good one, though.