Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Second Look - TheHiveLeader - Project Gorgon

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageA Second Look - TheHiveLeader - Project Gorgon

TheHiveLeader decided it was time to catch up with Project: Gorgon after their successful Kickstarter! Boy how things have changed! Project: Gorgon is a fantasy MMO for people who like exploration. Players adventure in a world full of intricate game systems and immersive NPCs. There are no classes or character levels, just hundreds and hundreds of skills to discover. Create your own fighting style, then delve into lost dungeons full of traps, puzzles, and terrifying bosses! Or set up shop i

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Great Game ... been awesome watching it progress, and looking forward to future updates ..
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Oh I SOOooo need to go back and start a new character! Haven't played in months. It is a totally wonderful game, really captured the best of the "old-school" (the best minus the worst). But.. but.. the COW! Oh... I don't know... The Cow was the best part without doubt of the old newb area. Need to petition for the Cow's return!
  • jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    question:
    how did u ring the door bell while standing on the window staring at me
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    I have been playing this game for a while- it really is great! and man- TheHiveLeaders videos are fucking great! gg wp man! gg wp!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    A game that was made from just about 75K $? WOW!! just WOW!!! This is indeed great accomplishment.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    A really good game that I was happy to support.  have not played it in a few months.  No rush.  Let them flesh it out more, but definitely a nice throwback MMORPG for those looking for such!

Hope they keep the PvP out.  I love me some PvP, but not in this game.  Not every game needs to have it and this is one that just SCREAMS PvE only.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Downloading this now. Merry Christmas to me!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    F'ing hilarious as always HiveLeader lol. But you bring up an excellent point that many people do not seem to understand.When games have 'great' graphics, they really have to compromise in other things. Sure people want to test their 'rigs' etc but does that really keep people invested at the end of the day? No. As long as game play is solid and keeps you invested way after cap, its a good game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well he basically has the initial experience that everyone including myself had,so yeah he doesn't spend enough time in game.

I am not so sure the nob experience island is a great idea,i think outdoors and lighting is perhaps better than a dank dungeon.Losing the Cow not so great,that was a cool idea to let new players witness it and be turned int o a Cow.
    The video is simply too short it does not come anywhere near touching a real experience that comes from playing for months like i did.I played for about 6 months.

Anyhow the game does offer that unique initial pull to keep you pushing for more and exploring more but then after 6 months it gets the same old ,bland feeling.

There are not enough assets and that means textures as well.Walls and buildings are basically square little architecture.

The power/stamina bar is something i touched on today with another game.It is far too limiting,it ruins combat big time,it takes all control out of your hands and basically says ok with this many points here is all you can do,don't even think about doing any more.
    On that note many days,many years of gaming has told me to stay away from stamina bars and point allotment systems,they do not do a single thing to improve gaming,they only make it worse.

Bottom line:Sure the game is worth trying,i feel it is unique enough that these types of games should be witnessed by everyone before they are gone and disappear.If you are into small detail and demand a lot like me,i think you will still find a few months of enjoyment out of this game.You will find other small ideals that will bother you as you play,but i am not going to write a novel explaining everything,you'll have to play it for yourself.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Nobody rang my doorbell :( #foreveralone

Cheers.
  • Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Highlight of my day? Every time a new HiveLeader video comes out. Not sure if my life sucks or if HiveLeader's videos are just. that. good.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Great video, funny as ever :)
    As for the game I can live with the gfx but the combat I can't live with its to stiff and tbh just boring :/
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I def. don't expect AAA graphics but the combat animations from the year 2000 will never fly no matter how good the gameplay is, which isn't good enough to justify such terrible combat.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Haven't played this in like a year, been thinking about checking it out again.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    There is no cow anymore?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    First HiveLeader Video I have watched and I liked it! I played the game a bit and liked that too. I will probably try out the new starter area soon.
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Not followed this game at all, thanks for the video Hiveleader, piqued my interest and haven't put the game down for the past few days, awesome fun. Graphics don't matter when the gameplay wins out so well, kudos to the developers, will deffo throw them some money when it hits Steam, worth every penny of the asking price. A gem.

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    This is one of my favorite games - I lose track of time way too easily when I log on. Thanks for a great video HiveLeader!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    EvilGeek said:
    Not followed this game at all, thanks for the video Hiveleader, piqued my interest and haven't put the game down for the past few days, awesome fun. Graphics don't matter when the gameplay wins out so well, kudos to the developers, will deffo throw them some money when it hits Steam, worth every penny of the asking price. A gem.
    I try to always be perfectly honest weather people believe it or not,i don't really care.

This is one of those games i feel everyone should at least try.It does have an interesting fun feel to it for at least a few months.
    However having played for 6 months ,i can say the game is really a neat idea in some cases overall it is not that great.I consider the great games to be the ones i have played for several years.

this is a rare game that needs a two part rating system.

months 1-6 the game is a 7-8/10
    months 7+ the game is a 5/10 and likely dropping off eventually to a 4/10.

The game definitely could be improved but would need a different stance on design and just an overall bigger budget with more assets.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Waiting for the Steam release so they the money help them. Hopefully they can meet their needs for the assets to get the game looking "decentish". 

I find the longer you play a game with dated looks the easier it becomes to overlook it and see the game for what it is. A great game with crap graphics tends to look far better over time than it does at first glance.

You stay sassy!