Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20.00 steam card.....what should i get?

SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
Merry Christmas!  My niece and her boyfriend got me a steam card for 20.00 USD and I am wondering what are the best games on steam right now.  I want a game that s fun and easy to learn and addictive....but I also LOVE RPGS...i don't really like call of duty type games. i have divine divinity, ark, shadowrun returns, i like ccg games like hearthstone and hex. What would you guys recommend?  Fallout 4 is too expensive for me so thats out. I am sorta leaning towards rocket league...would love to get some ideas from you guys based on my gaming preferences. 

Cheers!  Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Weekend!!!!!!  NO WORK TIME TO GAAAAAAAMMMMEEE MMOOOOOAARRRR!!111!!1

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    He said he had ARK.  

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Fallout Ultimate Edition is  $6.79.  I'd credit it to my account and wait for something to go on sale that I really like or just look through the games until I found something I liked.  I also heard Dying Light was good, it's on sale for $20.39

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hardsun79hardsun79 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    If you already got Divinity OS...Then get Pillars of Eternity - this one is really good RPG.
  • jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    divinity original sin its a rpg with tactical fights and very funny also the lore goes deep and is pretty intresting
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Oceanhorn if you love RPG and Zelda like game play, can't go wrong with that one. Divinity / Pillars are OK, but OceanHorn is way better.  B)
  • SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    awesome! thanks for so many suggestions.  i will indeed consider the games mentioned and i'm still open for more suggestions...
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Pillars of Eternity

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Pillars of Eternity
    This! If you love RPG's as you say then it's a shame to pass this game. In my humble opinion it is the RPG of the year.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Rebel Galaxy

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    If you dont mind the graphics The Quest will entertain you for a long time .
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Tokken said:
    Rebel Galaxy
    Every time i see a deal on that game, i am soooo tempted to buy it. If i hadn't just bought FF type 0, i probably would have bought that instead.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    If you like Ark and that type of game but maybe with zombies instead of dinos check out 7 days to die.

They just had a huge patch that really added alot to the game, and the crafting and building is way better than ark. you can literally destroy anything and build what ever you want in the game.  build your fortress and protect it from the Horde!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    It's turn based but very well done. Love the story as well and it's interactive story as  well. Get Banner Saga
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2015
      Grim Dawn .............
      Hand of Fate ..
      or Darkest Dungeons ....

all homeruns and three of the best games on Steam ...
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    edited December 2015
    I'd say Pillars of eternity or Skyrim, especially if you dont mind modding it a bit, skyrim legendary edition can get you thousands of hours of play, even without mods you'd still easily get 100-200 hours in a single playthrough.
    i am tempted by pillars of eternity....i just researched it......but i have divinity original sin and i have barely played that......they look like similar games......and i don't think i need 2 of the same type of game when i have one that is virtually unplayed and supposed to be pretty good.......any thoughts?........any thoughts on rocket league?.......gonna also research hand of fate now....

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2015
    Slukjan said:
    i am tempted by pillars of eternity....i just researched it......but i have divinity original sin and i have barely played that......they look like similar games......and i don't think i need 2 of the same type of game when i have one that is virtually unplayed and supposed to be pretty good.......any thoughts?........any thoughts on rocket league?.......gonna also research hand of fate now....
    I would agree on yer POE assesment , very similar if you arent playing one .. well ....and Divinty is the better game IMO anyhow

Not familiar with Rocket league ..

Hand Of Fate is very unique eneteratianing great replay value and an involved Dev ..

Darkest Dungeon same as Hand of Fate(as far as replay entertainment and unique)  but with a much more tactical lvl in team building and combat

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

If you get Rocket League I would use a controller. Plays better imo. Pillars is more like Icewind Dale and BG.  
    just bought RL....thanks for the tip about the comtroller....ummm....i kno its a longshot but any chance a ps3 controller can plug into pc and be used?  without being a programmer.....

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다