Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open letter to World's MMORPG Game Designers - The future of MMORPG Industry

2»

Comments

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Gdemami said:
    A13xand37 said:
    I just posted this here, becouse it is a known issue, and can easily copy the link whenever i feel replying about the similar theme. It is maybe foolish to be as dedicated gamer as me and dream so much, but one must have dreams.
    Dreaming is one thing, but when you are making "known issues" of your dreaming, you are demonstrating "wall" comment above...
         i missinterpreted your troll comment out of context pull :) for an inception joke, my bad
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    edited December 2015
    The trouble is that companies shouldn't make MMORPGs first.  They need to make single player titles and branch into MMOs once they find something, whether a story or a game world, that their player base wants to wonder around and live in.  Otherwise, there's just nothing there to get the numbers needed to even maintain a good MMORPG.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I agree with you OP yet it seems it is just a dream for us to ever get what you described. Maybe one day but I think mobile games are going to destroy the industry. Along with the guys out just for the fast buck.

We need someone to put his heart into again, like a UO or EQ! Sadly I think those days may be lost to us forever.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    filmoret said:
    Sorry man but many developers have realized that they make more money from 1 pay to win player then WOW makes from 100 subscribers in a year.  And it can all happen in only 1 week.  And they only have to provide servers to handle 1 player instead of 100.  Look at SC for example of how ridiculous it is.  People paying for a ship 2500$ and its not even out yet.  That is more money then 1 wow player spends in 13 years of gaming.
    Long term Wows way have won anyways. P2win games tend to be empty after a few months so you get a fast high income which drops fast after that. I think that when SC been out 11 years Wow still will have earned most money.

PvP wise I wonder if the first Guildwars didn't have a good idea, let people who play on PvP servers start at max level with PvP only character, improve with having open world with those servers and you have a PvP game that is far easier to balance and would have far more mass appeal for PvPers then anything we seen before. Then you could actually get enough of players to earn more money. You would of course need to make an endgame that is good and PvP focused but it is leveling in open world PvP that makes you loose almost all players.

Selling an expensive car like a Ferrari do earn you money, lots of it. It is however selling loads of cheaper cars that will make you really rich.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    edited December 2015
    u dont even pay the money u deserve to lose. dev paid for server. pay2win player paid to get stronger..
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    u dont even pay the money u deserve to lose. dev paid for server. pay2win player paid to get stronger..
    Spending money on games, singleplayer and multiplayer alike supports developers.
    By all means invest ,in what you like, but most of all, invest in what was worth it.

If you though give your money to the Pay to win, its just gonna ask for more, if you give your money for that extra premium access super boost package for 500$ , they will just invent new one 10% larger month past.
    Shameless some devs and publishers are in rippoffs, greed is strong in them.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Colt47 said:
    The trouble is that companies shouldn't make MMORPGs first.  They need to make single player titles and branch into MMOs once they find something, whether a story or a game world, that their player base wants to wonder around and live in.  Otherwise, there's just nothing there to get the numbers needed to even maintain a good MMORPG.
    Don't worry .. many devs are abandoning mmorpgs, and not making new ones. Even Blizz are turning to other types of online games now.