Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is literally NO MMORPG's to play, at all.

Comments

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    That's pretty much the way i am.  Just bored of them all. Old and new. I'll just mod skyrim for awhile. Never actually seem to play. Just one mod  after another :)
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited December 2015
    scorpex-x said:
    MMO players used to be more forgiving, then the market flooded with new mmo titles because of how popular wow was.  This made mmo players far more demanding.

Now the mmo flood has stopped, mmo players are going to have to lower their expectations way back because there are not going to be many new mmo titles from here on out.
    Step One: Stop frequenting negativity.com.

(Hey, guys, you should buy that domain and forward it back to this one.)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The main issue I have with FFXIV is that there no point to the content. Sure some of it is challenging but honestly I dont care about the challenge. The honeymoon phase of content in this game wears off to fast. Its great that the team recently admitted to F'ing up rewards but they're still going in the wrong direction with rewards. They honestly think seperating the highest tier content rewards by 5 ilvls will motivate people to do the content when it honestly doesn't even look different from the normal version, just the ability to dye the stuff. Not to mention there's nothing special about the gear like set bonus/addition effects etc. Just a garbage stat increase system. Nothing changes for people from when they first hit cap to being capped in the class for 3-4 months.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Fangrim said:
    This person hates everything about SoE but apparently loved their games.He needs to get over it and accept SoE made the best mmorpg of all time and play EQ2.
    Metallica made three good albums, Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets.

Since then all they have made is shit albums, just like SOE made shit games after EQ2.

Metallica isnt a good band, SOE wasnt a good company, it doesnt mean everything they made was shit, but the most recent majority is.

Theres really no explaining to do here.
    Would say, And Justice For All and Black are the best ones but whatever...
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Fangrim said:
    You lost me at Metallica made 3 good albums.
    I know, right. He used the words 'good' and 'Metallica' in the same sentence. It must be Anything Can Happen Day today.

Proof that this thread is troll.  Anyone who says Metallica didn't make a good album is clearly insane and has no clue about anything.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    filmoret said:
    Fangrim said:
    I know, right. He used the words 'good' and 'Metallica' in the same sentence. It must be Anything Can Happen Day today.

Proof that this thread is troll.  Anyone who says Metallica didn't make a good album is clearly insane and has no clue about anything.
    Yes, because people cannot have opinions about music. You might want to pull your head out of your ass and look around. There are other people in the world and they have different opinions about what they think is good or bad.

I know, shocking. You're not the only person in this world. /facepalm

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    lewkaj said:

You have grown out of MMORPGs (the old ones at least)
    These times won't come back.
    Accept it.
    And there are plenty of other types of games to play. MMORPG is not the only entertainment out there.

OTOH, if ranting is their hobby now, is there a reason not to accept them as they are?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    Fangrim said:

Yes, because people cannot have opinions about music. You might want to pull your head out of your ass and look around. There are other people in the world and they have different opinions about what they think is good or bad.

I know, shocking. You're not the only person in this world. /facepalm

Meanwhile you live life refusing to see the good in things thinking its an opinion when really its the lack of opinion.  Its easy to throw up and say this sucks.  It doesn't need to be your style or what you enjoy but you should be grown up enough to see the good.  Just like your mmorpg opinions they are really bad and based on your refusal to see anything good about them.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited December 2015
    Seriously, I was just scrolling down the list of highly rated and released MMO's and none of them sounded appealing. Like literally every single one of them was just giving me a sour feeling and making my head spin. 

One of the top rated "MMO's" on this site right now is SMITE. SMITE is a moba!! Its not even an MMO!

ESO is repetitive, FF14 is nothing but grind, Secret World is all mystery no substance, Guild Wars 2 is just Meh.

Literally nothing, you know what I want?

COH

SWG

Everquest 1999

Anything that just lets me make a character in an RPG and head out in the world looking for adventure and danger. 

Im sick of hand holding, im sick of exclamation marks above peoples heads, im sick of soloing the content and feeling like a god at level 1. I want a challenge, I want to live in a VIRTUAL WORLD again.

~Fin
    Get a regular 40hr work week job, married, and kids then get back to be about how much time you have playing those classic TIME SINK MMORPGS.

COH: love the game, nothing hard about it, you get your cooking cutter builds and SOLO faceroll everything.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    edited December 2015
    lewkaj said:

Accept it.
    And there are plenty of other types of games to play. MMORPG is not the only entertainment out there.

OTOH, if ranting is their hobby now, is there a reason not to accept them as they are?
    The staff here seems to accept you with open arms...

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited December 2015
    Indeed there is literally no new game to "spend $ on". I'm doing the countdown 18 more days before its 5 years since I've spent $ on a new game. What an amazing achievement indeed. Who would've thought?

I would trade 100's of bad/mediocre games for 1 superior product. At least the superior product will get the $ back from its superior investment.

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Want a virtual world? Just should try Black desert then. Best virtual world I have ever seen. Its amazing. I think there are alot of good MMO's to play. So I feel sorry for you if you dont like any of the games on the marked, but then again I havent been playing MMOs for that long so maybe they just are more fresh to me than to you thats been in the genre for years.
    Why do people keep suggesting that people "just try" Black Desert Online? You can't "just try" a game that only has paid for closed beta access. ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S NOT CURRENTLY RUNNING!

Anyone have any valid suggestions? OP is not alone in his sentiment
  • DeathRowInmateDeathRowInmate Member UncommonPosts: 64
    edited December 2015
    Seriously, I was just scrolling down the list of highly rated and released MMO's and none of them sounded appealing. Like literally every single one of them was just giving me a sour feeling and making my head spin. 

One of the top rated "MMO's" on this site right now is SMITE. SMITE is a moba!! Its not even an MMO!

ESO is repetitive, FF14 is nothing but grind, Secret World is all mystery no substance, Guild Wars 2 is just Meh.

COH

SWG

Everquest 1999

Anything that just lets me make a character in an RPG and head out in the world looking for adventure and danger. 

Im sick of hand holding, im sick of exclamation marks above peoples heads, im sick of soloing the content and feeling like a god at level 1. I want a challenge, I want to live in a VIRTUAL WORLD again.

~Fin
    Ok, so im going out on a whim and saying this.........you sir are hard to please. 

Lets take a look at WoW, now im not a super fan, heck i dont even have an active sub. But adventure, they added so much stuff for looking into every cave and what not with WoD. All those treasures. Then theres story, OMG those quest lines and cutscenes (The boat scene with the orc with the hammer, dont even know his name....w/e) So thats adventure/lore right there, not to mention rare bosses! That just roam around.....Then theres challenge, you know what pct of people actually reach gold tiered dungeon challengs? Or achieved the highest ranks of raid boss difficulty (Before the next raid is released) 

Now, pls, dont flame about WoW being made into farmville and such crap like that. Im just pointing out that what ur asking for, WoW offers. Right there, black and white, you just dont like it. Thats a personal problem, not the industry. (P.S hand holding is a terrible term. It really is, I wish people would stop saying that. Games wanna ensure players grasp the game)

Now thats the cream of the crop right there. WoW literally has something for everyone (maybe not everyone) But people want games to cater to them and only them. Its not the MMO's, its the players. Theres a reason you cant find the "perfect" game.  Beause your idea of a "good" game already exists, theres tons out there. You just cant be bothered to like any of them cause every game has a flaw......but your perfect game isnt my perfect game, or Joe, or Linda, hell even Frank has diffrent taste then you!

What im saying, in lack of better terms, is this is either a troll thread, which got tons of posts, so good job I guess? Or a cry for attention.

COH

SWG

Everquest 1999

~Fin
    Ok, so im going out on a whim and saying this.........you sir are hard to please. 

Lets take a look at WoW, now im not a super fan, heck i dont even have an active sub. But adventure, they added so much stuff for looking into every cave and what not with WoD. All those treasures. Then theres story, OMG those quest lines and cutscenes (The boat scene with the orc with the hammer, dont even know his name....w/e) So thats adventure/lore right there, not to mention rare bosses! That just roam around.....Then theres challenge, you know what pct of people actually reach gold tiered dungeon challengs? Or achieved the highest ranks of raid boss difficulty (Before the next raid is released) 

Now, pls, dont flame about WoW being made into farmville and such crap like that. Im just pointing out that what ur asking for, WoW offers. Right there, black and white, you just dont like it. Thats a personal problem, not the industry. (P.S hand holding is a terrible term. It really is, I wish people would stop saying that. Games wanna ensure players grasp the game)

Now thats the cream of the crop right there. WoW literally has something for everyone (maybe not everyone) But people want games to cater to them and only them. Its not the MMO's, its the players. Theres a reason you cant find the "perfect" game.  Beause your idea of a "good" game already exists, theres tons out there. You just cant be bothered to like any of them cause every game has a flaw......but your perfect game isnt my perfect game, or Joe, or Linda, hell even Frank has diffrent taste then you!

What im saying, in lack of better terms, is this is either a troll thread, which got tons of posts, so good job I guess? Or a cry for attention.
    You could've saved a lot of time and energy by not writing this post. Seriously man? WoW? GTFO
    lewkaj said:
    What's the average age of posters in this thread?
    30? 40?
    I loved cabal online when it came out, I came back everytime with excitement to unlock new skills, experience new dungeons etc.
    But now I'm older, I can't look at this game anymore. All I can see is p2w and ultimate grind.

Accept it.
    Im 32!

I still play conquer Online, my first mmo, total p2w. I dont put much into it, maybe $20 when I new item slot opens up or something (so maybe $20 a year) And I play for a week here and there and drop it again.  But you sir are nailing it, its evolution, and these gamers crying, arnt moving forward, stuck in the past. 

Reminds me of a old man sitting on a porch, saying things like "back in my day we walked thru 10 feet of snow to get to school"
  • gearchin13gearchin13 Member UncommonPosts: 44

COH

SWG

Everquest 1999

~Fin
    if that is the case, then the mmo genre as it is now, is no longer for you or those trying to cling to the past. I personally have moved on to games like POE and marvel heroes(big arpg fan). with console games here and there but arpg is my bread and butter genre. Time to look for other genres to play. there are nice srpgs and jrpgs out there as well(sword coast,pillar,civ games, and the such)
    ?????!!!!
    Don't like ARPGs never did.
    Don't like console games or the arcade games that preceded them, never did. Don't even own a console, never have.
    Don't like JRPGs never did.
    Don't lke TRPGs, never did, and calling them SRPGs does not change that.

Liked MMORPGs like EQ, WoW and EQ2.  Rift was OK for a while.  Liked some of the others out there too.
    Not at all sure why I should change my tastes to conform to some other persons.
    you aren't forced to change your tastes, but expanding your gaming horizons doesn't hurt one bit. Maybe try a game like EVE online or something ? those mmos you have mentioned are still around, so if they haven't "caught your playing time again", then yes it is time to move on to other genres.
    GunnJD said:
    I haven't read the whole thread, 

but it is surprising to me that people are bashing OP. 

It is very obvious to almost every MMORPG player that the genre is going through a serious transition, at the very least. 

One could go further and say that there is a huge content hole that hasn't been successfully filled in 10 years.

Of course there remains EVE, a beautiful PVP sandbox experience for those willing to overcome the learning curve. 

Titles like Crowfall, Albion Online, and Chronicles of Elyria pique my interest. We'll see what ends up working out. 
    I can save you some time hoping for Albion to deliver enjoyment to you. There is no direction (sandbox, fine, but what is the point). There is no reason to participate in the sadbox. Just endless grind 
    Deasant said:

COH

SWG

Everquest 1999

~Fin

You could've saved a lot of time and energy by not writing this post. Seriously man? WoW? GTFO
    Yes WoW, its a titan of a mmo for a reason, love or hate it, its the best. Its been proven year after year. Even with declines its still miles ahead of everyone elses mmo. That being said, im not going to debate WoWs quality with you, I was mearly suggesting the OP that everything he wants, is in that game. Currently I dont even play WoW, why? because i got bored again. Will I sub again, sure. But dont be jealous that its popular and you are not.

Why your butthurt about it no clue, but you might wanna go to a new threah...
  • MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437
    And Everquest was ruined in 2002 by Planes of Power. That was the start of it.
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Wildstar is the only mmo on the market right now that has any real potential imo. If it was just supported more :/
    edited December 2015
    Deasant said:

COH

SWG

Everquest 1999

~Fin

Yes WoW, its a titan of a mmo for a reason, love or hate it, its the best. Its been proven year after year. Even with declines its still miles ahead of everyone elses mmo. That being said, im not going to debate WoWs quality with you, I was mearly suggesting the OP that everything he wants, is in that game. Currently I dont even play WoW, why? because i got bored again. Will I sub again, sure. But dont be jealous that its popular and you are not.

Why your butthurt about it no clue, but you might wanna go to a new threah...
    First, everyone has heard of WoW. You are not providing ANYTHING of substance to this thread.

Second, "WoW is the best" is simply your opinion. Your opinions matter only to you. You cannot force WoW on everyone. It is utter garbage.

Third, how is WoW's popularity in any way related to my own popularity. And for that matter wtf does my popularity have to do with anything? GTFO.

Fourth, how is it "so great" that you don't even play it. You sir, are the definition of fan boy troll
  • MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437
    Phixion13 said:
    Wildstar is the only mmo on the market right now that has any real potential imo. If it was just supported more :/

That said, we’ll also offer completely optional in-game purchases that cover a wide range of player services, convenience options, and cosmetic offerings.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Loke666 said:
    Try to get into the Shard online beta, Lord British latest game. Should be "oldschool" enough for you, I think. I will wait until it is ready for release myself though.
    errr Lord British new game is SOTA ....................not shards
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Scorchien said:
    Loke666 said:
    Try to get into the Shard online beta, Lord British latest game. Should be "oldschool" enough for you, I think. I will wait until it is ready for release myself though.
    Ah yes, SOTA.

Stands for Spend Oodles To Access.

edited December 2015
    Scorchien said:
    Loke666 said:
    Ah yes, SOTA.

Stands for Spend Oodles To Access.
    Worth noting Shroud of the Avatar is on sale on Steam currently, $22.49