Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Confirmed] They are using the ruins and caverns in Landmark for EQNext, Oceans and rivers, economy

SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
Other features from Landmark that will go towards Next is:

Grappling hook and various items usable towards utility, movement systems
Guild system, group system
Social Hubs (WoW class guild halls)

Other confirmed: "Land is very valuable and we want guilds to cooperate in building Guild Halls..." Towns! *confirmed

Skip to 9:45

Comments

• Sk00baSk00ba Member UncommonPosts: 20
    lol nice troll thread
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    So every game that has been worked on has NO features until its released to the public. Everything is cut out all the assets until we are playing them? That's stupid thinking. If anything they improved it as time went by unless they halted development which they DIDN'T.
    And since you're a lead developer DMKano you could tell us what's in the game and what's not. Since you know it all. Guide the community, im sure your pessimism will get us all amped when launch day comes...But don't worry, at least we won't feel a tinge of disappointed. Safeguard our emotions from game developers that's job is to make us HAPPY. Sure, nothing is better than the misery you want us to all live in.
    I mean, where is the logical step that concludes 

Step 1: Goal
    Step 2: Silence
    Step 3: Scrapped??

So every game that goes into silence scrapped all of their ideas? These SYSTEMS ARE ALREADY IN LANDMARK. THE POINT OF MY ENTIRE THREAD. HE EVEN SAYS IT IN THE VIDEO. Logic is on MY side. But yet people will believe you. "To be safe". God, LIVE FOR ONCE!
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Landmark was the foundation of EQN. It was essentially Alpha testing for everything that was going to go into EQN potentially.

And as others have said, since any public disclosure went dark a while back who knows what is happening or even if anything will be released.

Best case scenario they are just getting of with development and will have a big release. Worst case scenario it is already dead and will fade into obscurity.

At this point in time no one knows what the status of the game is.

But to bring up a video over a year old is just really trollish no matter your intentions.
    DMKano said:
    And since you're a lead developer DMKano you could tell us what's in the game and what's not. Since you know it all. Guide the community, im sure your pessimism will get us all amped when launch day comes...But don't worry, at least we won't feel a tinge of disappointed. Safeguard our emotions from game developers that's job is to make us HAPPY. Sure, nothing is better than the misery you want us to all live in.

No need to resort to silly personal attacks.

See the guy in the video David Georgeson, he is no longer with Daybreak, EQNEXT was his baby, and a lot of senior devs who worked on original vision of EQN are no longer there.

Georgeson himself said in a recent interview that he keeps in touch with some of the staff at Daybreak and that EQN has undergone major feature changes since he (and many other) staff had left.

These are facts.

EQN will not be anywhere what was originally pitched, not with a fraction of the staff that's left over. 

Smedley tweeted EQN staff is the largest of all of Daybreak, after the layoffs. Its not the "fraction" that you say. How can we take you seriously when you use words that exxagerate for tabloid purposes. You're whole scheme here is a tabloid. When are sensible people going to take a turn at describing Everquest Next? Everything is exxagerated while giving truth it doesn't do this game's rep justice when people don't read between the lines. This game is NOT in trouble as poeple describe it to be. If you read between the lines they layoff people to free up resources (money). How can you follow the stock market with your thinking? You would make ZERO money. Business go up and down things change, it happens a lot more than you think you common man. Try seeing the whole picture instead of painting doom and gloom. (Businesses are part of the stock market btw i dont see people selling Daybreak stocks...)
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I saw the title and thought I had missed some new news on EQN lol and now =-\
    OP here. I bet noone here knew that. Vets and new people. They give a lot of information on these presentations its hard to fully grasp what is in the game or not that is worked on. Noone knew grappling hooks are in EQNext, nor social hubs, nor the ocean water in landmark, nor the buildable land leases to build guild halls, nor the caverns and ruins. 

A lot of people just care about the AI without a clear picture of what EQNext systems will look like. Well it's already in Landmark and not the negatives but the positives. How cool is it to have grappling hooks in an mmorpg? How cool is the Ocean when your in Ocean of Tears and looking at the waves? (Well, you can see it already in landmark). You guys have no stomach for real discussion it seems.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    So every game that has been worked on has NO features until its released to the public. Everything is cut out all the assets until we are playing them? That's stupid thinking. If anything they improved it as time went by unless they halted development which they DIDN'T.
    It's also possible that they decided to go a different way.

I compose and write and I can't tell you how many times I've taken a scene out or added one or made a major change.

To that end, there is an asset in the Skyrim Creation kit for an arena. It's pretty much a full arena with some of the sections not textured. 

And yet that never made it into the game.

So no one really knows what they will keep or not. As far as we know, Everquest Next isn't even in Alpha.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    OP here. I bet noone here knew that. Vets and new people. They give a lot of information on these presentations its hard to fully grasp what is in the game or not that is worked on. Noone knew grappling hooks are in EQNext, nor social hubs, nor the ocean water in landmark, nor the buildable land leases to build guild halls, nor the caverns and ruins. 

A lot of people just care about the AI without a clear picture of what EQNext systems will look like. Well it's already in Landmark and not the negatives but the positives. How cool is it to have grappling hooks in an mmorpg? How cool is the Ocean when your in Ocean of Tears and looking at the waves? (Well, you can see it already in landmark). You guys have no stomach for real discussion it seems.
    Maybe you should have posted a video from Landmark of those things instead of a two year old video where people who have long since been fired talk about what's going to be in EQN.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    2014 video

I thought there was actual news about EQNext

Still Vaporware status.
  • Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    I had a heroic movement this morning.  I thought of EQNext.
    I can already predict the controversy that will arise when this game launches about how things in the game are not what they promised. Well, Ill archive this thread to show everyone people here expected things to change and that they are making it a tabloid. Now, there's no where to go...
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    OP you are...slightly unhinged
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I can already predict the controversy that will arise when this game launches about how things in the game are not what they promised. Well, Ill archive this thread to show everyone people here expected things to change and that they are making it a tabloid. Now, there's no where to go...
    Warhammer was supposed to launch with extra cities and they never were added to the game.

Middle Earth Online's game play concept changed and they renamed it "Lord of the Ring's Online"

http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/28/the-game-archaeologist-middle-earth-online/

(just adding that here because it's interesting)

Aion was supposed to have changing worlds depending on the player's actions. That changed. 

It's not beyond the pale that a game's design might be altered over the course of development.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    OP you are...slightly unhinged
    His handle is a little too apt.
This discussion has been closed.