Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do much hate on Star Citizen?

Comments

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited December 2015
    Shodanas said:
    jcrg99 said:

There is something better than that. He is saying now that needs 150 million dollars to complete the Squadron 42 trilogy.

I am still waiting for that link or formal info about this statement. You can ignore it but i will keep making replies and asking.

Somewhere even on these boards must be a point where unfounded BS and blatant lies stop.
    So, you are focusing in a number. The number of how many dollars will cost was not the point that I tried to make. Read the entire paragraph and read what I said in the previous answer to the other SC cool-aid drunk guy. The "link" that you ask is irrelevant to the point that I raised.

But just to satisfy your interest in this number, I don't remember exactly where I heard. I think that was in a livestream, or in some interview. I am not bothering to find, because that is not my point. I don't care if it will need 150, 100, or 1 billion to make the trilogy. That was not my point. You both missed the point... probably in purpose.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    eye_m said:

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread or not because I haven't been following it. Should I have started a new thread? That seems to be the theme presented by the OP at least.  It does seem a lot easier to just ask people what the final verdict is from all the countless threads in a whole new thread but then, why give a shit at all if you're not following the game?  It's basically saying "hi, I don't give a shit about something, so why don't you waste some of your time enlightening me about all the details just in case I feel bored enough to read what you have to say!"

So here you go. It's the BEST thing ever. This is a WORLD CHANGING GAME! Invest everything you have to it. Leverage yourself fully and put it all to the game.  Special people like you need to take advantage of special deals like this.  Devote 100% into it. If all you have is a cardboard box to live in, well you're still not investing enough. If you can still bleed you can sell that blood and invest the money into this game.

Ok, first of all, yes, you should always start a new thread. See, the Internet won't fill itself!! 

Secondly, we've found that the Internet is much too full of annoyances like factual and helpful information, so it's our goal to re-insert the ambiguity. Remember when Paul Revere rode a horse to let people know the redcoats were coming? Then they would likely ring a bell or something to alert everyone but, ultimately, people on the opposite side of the country wouldn't know about it until the redcoats had come. Nowadays, we're so well informed that Paul Walker read about his own death before it even happened. 

Third, you have these things "%" in your post. I'm not sure what they are, but they seem like you're probably trying to inject logic or merge in logic using it. Seems to factual. I don't really understand what you mean here. 

On a more serious note and finally, since you may not have been around for my previous logic, the top 80%+ of people have likely not spent more than $60 on the game, certainly less than a console game today. If you'd like to see how I arrived at that simply search "logically" or "let's be realistic" and you'll find it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Daikuru said:
    jcrg99 said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Shodanas said:
    jcrg99 said:

There is something better than that. He is saying now that needs 150 million dollars to complete the Squadron 42 trilogy.

Can you please link or direct us to the relevant info ?

What info? He just throws out random things without linking any relevant information. If he actually linked something relevant I would probably faint. 

Anyway, even if that was the case, it doesn't really matter because we all know that S42 is going to be episodic so it will not release all at once.
    It won't be released at the same time for a matter of time itself. But they are been already funded, the backers are already putting their money into them and later, the same backers who paid for it, will be charged if willing to get the DLC. That is already the case of Behind Enemy Lines, funded in a stretch goal while ago, but that ended expanded. The backers who paid the original are getting for free. But the backers who paid for the expanded, will have to pay additional dollars... in other words, the majority of the backers are paying for this expanded Behind Enemy Lines but won't have the right to get a copy of it. Will have to pay for it again.

A whole new level of shit in the game industry that people are willing to support. That's the point here.

In  previous discussions I shared links, etc. when necessary. You ignored and fled of the discussions when I did that. Or made some silly comment just as you did now, trying to convince people who was not aware of our previous discussions, that you always "asked for evidences/objectivity and never got". Nice try. For this case now, you don't need evidences, because you are aware of the fact that BEL was financed long ago. The rest is just use your brain cells, those that are not singing some Chris Roberts song.
    Why dont post the links here, for all those who "missed" them?
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

"The first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines, will be available for free to all backers who pledge before $6 million upon release."

jcrg99 said:
    Shodanas said:
    jcrg99 said:

I am still waiting for that link or formal info about this statement. You can ignore it but i will keep making replies and asking.

Somewhere even on these boards must be a point where unfounded BS and blatant lies stop.
    So, you are focusing in a number. The number of how many dollars will cost was not the point that I tried to make. Read the entire paragraph and read what I said in the previous answer to the other SC cool-aid drunk guy. The "link" that you ask is irrelevant to the point that I raised.

But just to satisfy your interest in this number, I don't remember exactly where I heard. I think that was in a livestream, or in some interview. I am not bothering to find, because that is not my point. I don't care if it will need 150, 100, or 1 billion to make the trilogy. That was not my point. You both missed the point... probably in purpose.

Huh, you heard it on a live stream and nobody else on the entire Internet focused on that. Cool story bro. 

I also like how you re-direct the conversation saying that we're ignoring what's really important, but you never linked anything that was really important either, so wtf is the point that we're supposed to be getting? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Daikuru said:

Why dont post the links here, for all those who "missed" them?
    Thought you knew, posting links to relevant things is irrelevant in this multi-verse. So are facts. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    SEANMCAD said:
    This is all so terrible 

User 1: 'CR said that the ships you can buy now will be easy to get or some other means in which it will make the final version of the game not play to win'
    User 2 response: 'its already pay to win because you can buy the best ships in the game'

oh 
    my
    god

really?

Your problem is that you take what CR says as fact, as opposed to just something he said.

As a good friend who worked with Roberts for many years at Origin told me, 'Chris Roberts believes everything he says, regardless of its relationship to reality.'

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Broken.ArrowBroken.Arrow Member UncommonPosts: 84

The Emperor just needs a XBox controller, and maybe some new clothes.

Chris Robbers, playing the role of the Emperor.

Derek Smart, playing the role of the village idiot calling the Emperor out on being naked.

Chris Robbers, playing the role of the con man who conned the Emperor out of this clothes. 

As it becomes evident, CR is a man of many faces, great conviction, boundless greed and oh so few clothes. 

---

A proud User of [[Adblock Plus]], to block out all the bullshit paid advertisements (also read as "game reviews") spam on mmorpg.com. 

----

I was banned for pointing out the obvious faults in a game 2 months before it released.
    Now after release, repeating the very same words from back then would be like preaching to the choir on this site.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    SEANMCAD said:
    This is all so terrible 

User 1: 'CR said that the ships you can buy now will be easy to get or some other means in which it will make the final version of the game not play to win'
    User 2 response: 'its already pay to win because you can buy the best ships in the game'

oh 
    my
    god

really?

Your problem is that you take what CR says as fact, as opposed to just something he said.

As a good friend who worked with Roberts for many years at Origin told me, 'Chris Roberts believes everything he says, regardless of its relationship to reality.'

the problem though is I am NOT saying that this WILL happen.

I am saying that if you evaluate the known elements at a given point in time your best guess should be based on something rather than on absolutly nothing at all.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited December 2015
    CrazKanuk said:
     Huh, you heard it on a live stream and nobody else on the entire Internet focused on that. Cool story bro. 

I also like how you re-direct the conversation saying that we're ignoring what's really important, but you never linked anything that was really important either, so wtf is the point that we're supposed to be getting? 
    Still pissed of because I prove you wrong all the time? You are the one redirecting the conversation. I am not guilty for your comprehension issues and your hate by me, that makes you just put your focus on trying to dismiss what I am saying, instead listening to what I am saying....

So here's the point again, since you are playing the dummy guy:

The backers who paid the original are getting for free. But the backers who paid for the expanded, will have to pay additional dollars... in other words, the majority of the backers are paying for this expanded Behind Enemy Lines but won't have the right to get a copy of it. Will have to pay for it again.

"The first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines, will be available for free to all backers who pledge before $6 million upon release."

jcrg99 said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Still pissed of because I prove you wrong all the time? You are the one redirecting the conversation. I am not guilty for your comprehension issues and your hate by me, that makes you just put your focus on trying to dismiss what I am saying, instead listening to what I am saying....

So here's the point again, since you are playing the dummy guy:

The backers who paid the original are getting for free. But the backers who paid for the expanded, will have to pay additional dollars... in other words, the majority of the backers are paying for this expanded Behind Enemy Lines but won't have the right to get a copy of it. Will have to pay for it again.

But they didn't pay for anything. They made a donation. Willingly I might add. And some who took the plunge to donate by a certain time are getting a thank you for their support. So again what was your point?

I actually broke my "no crowd funding" rule and donated to Joel Hodgson's Mystery Science Theater revival kickstarter campaign. I don't think that because I supported their campaign that this should somehow invalidate me from having to buy the DVDs or Digital media of the shows when they come out.
    Only who gave the money without getting any rewards back "donated". For the rest, getting a package or expansion packs, is a sale, just like a pre-order.  Don't be silly.

SEANMCAD said:
    This is all so terrible 

oh 
    my
    god

really?

That's odd, because back when I was having a few brews with Elvis and Bigfoot after we were finished battling Nazis on the moon, they said Chris Roberts was an absolutely corking chap to work for, a fine leader, and an excellent business strategist. So who's telling the truth? My imaginary friends or yours?

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all.

It's the internet and all, so you don't have to believe it, but...

I've been in Austin for most of 40 years, and I came here already gaming.  I know a ton of the local gaming community, many of whom moved on to the computer games industry when it blew up in the area.  At the time of the SC Kickstarter, I started asking around amongst my old Origin friends about their experience with Chris Roberts.  It was not pretty.  And I've never relayed the worst rumors, well, because they were rumors.  You can check my posting history if you are obsessive, I was questioning this thing from early on.   I still see several of those Origin ex's on a weekly basis.   

No one still working in the gaming industry wants to go on record as a whistleblower.  There's a reason they have Whistleblower laws.   Roberts presents himself as a great genius game maven, but so much of it is just vainglorioius bluster.  It can't be accurately checked either.  I doubt anyone here has a clue what he did during his failed tenure as a Hollywood producer.

CR is not the anti-Christ, even if he does act like it sometimes.  Some of his co-workers applaud his cinematic sense in games, and the boost they give to atmosphere and immersion.  None of them applaud his designer acumen otherwise.  Or his project management.  He is a better developer than, say, Richard Garriott, but no nearly as well liked.

And I am sorry that you don't really know anyone.  Have you considered getting out more?   Or you could just wait til you are an old fart gamer, and some of your connections are bound to have interesting things to recount.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    What I love the most bout all this is as long as everyone has their ad blockers disabled for this site it is making them a ton of money which i love. :-D
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

SEANMCAD said:

That's odd, because back when I was having a few brews with Elvis and Bigfoot after we were finished battling Nazis on the moon, they said Chris Roberts was an absolutely corking chap to work for, a fine leader, and an excellent business strategist. So who's telling the truth? My imaginary friends or yours?

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all.

It's the internet and all, so you don't have to believe it, but...

I've been in Austin for most of 40 years, and I came here already gaming.  I know a ton of the local gaming community, many of whom moved on to the computer games industry when it blew up in the area.  At the time of the SC Kickstarter, I started asking around amongst my old Origin friends about their experience with Chris Roberts.  It was not pretty.  And I've never relayed the worst rumors, well, because they were rumors.  You can check my posting history if you are obsessive, I was questioning this thing from early on.   I still see several of those Origin ex's on a weekly basis.   

No one still working in the gaming industry wants to go on record as a whistleblower.  There's a reason they have Whistleblower laws.   Roberts presents himself as a great genius game maven, but so much of it is just vainglorioius bluster.  It can't be accurately checked either.  I doubt anyone here has a clue what he did during his failed tenure as a Hollywood producer.

CR is not the anti-Christ, even if he does act like it sometimes.  Some of his co-workers applaud his cinematic sense in games, and the boost they give to atmosphere and immersion.  None of them applaud his designer acumen otherwise.  Or his project management.  He is a better developer than, say, Richard Garriott, but no nearly as well liked.

And I am sorry that you don't really know anyone.  Have you considered getting out more?   Or you could just wait til you are an old fart gamer, and some of your connections are bound to have interesting things to recount.

Long winded post aside, what you are actually saying is we just have to take what you say on faith as you can't produce any actual, factual evidence. Sorry not going to do that any more than I'm going to take what Chris Roberts says as the gospel. I'll truly believe SC can be produced as promised the day it releases.

However, unlike some of you doom and gloom naysayers who only want to believe the absolute worst possible scenario, I'm content to wait and see. Oh and mirthfully tweak the tails of you guys just to watch you squeak in outrage.

Didn't take you for a member of the TL:DR crew.

Sadly, Roberts has more than just feet of clay.  In the early days of their wondrous cash shop in advance, there were tons of fans calling him the Great Genius (or the equivalent), perhaps because they had once seen his name on a box when they were 10 or 12.   After talking to folks who worked with him, I just felt bad for the outsiders considering an expensive purchase. 

Now the only person I know who worked at CIG reported that it was not a fun place to work.  But in the past, there's this actual, factual, evidence.  Strike Commander: Three years late, three different engines (iirc), and a million man hours of work wasted.  That's from Roberts lips himself.  Digital Anvil:  Four years and no games actually produced.   And that was with two years of Microsoft funding. Freelancer:  When MS bought out DA, Freelancer was a year and a half late, and out of money (where did that go, I wonder).   Even with MS pushing it, it took another three years of work and funding to get the game out, minus the impractical Roberts bits.  Also, Roberts' last film project went bankrupt, mired in controversy, suit and counter-suit.  Likely to never be released. 

There are plenty of reasons to be wary.

I absolutely think they will release a game, just not the one described.  And it will be late.  It's the Roberts Way.   If he can't keep the faithful contributing their 3 mil a month, he may have to go to outside investors.  I do think this saga will keep writers churning for many years.

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    This is all so terrible 

oh 
    my
    god

really?

the problem though is I am NOT saying that this WILL happen.

I am saying that if you evaluate the known elements at a given point in time your best guess should be based on something rather than on absolutly nothing at all.
    So according to your argument the best guess would be that the game will be pay to win, based on the fact that there is a cash and pay to win shop at this point in time.

At this point in time:

Chris Roberts saying that something will happen in the future is not evidence. You assume A posteriori knowledge pretty much claiming you can see into the future. Someone saying something will happen is not evidence.

The only evidence in facto we have is the existing cash shop and pay to win ship market.

1. You can buy and start the game with the best ship and equipment. This is equal to starting max level with best armour in WoW. (No, not all cash shops are pay to win. Some are only selling cosmetics. Clearly not the case here.)

2. Here is the cash shop: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=41 and here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=72 and the rest you can find yourself.

Have Fun!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Brenics said:
    What I love the most bout all this is as long as everyone has their ad blockers disabled for this site it is making them a ton of money which i love. :-D
    I totally agree. There's a reason why clickbait exists. What tickles my funny bone even more is that it seems the more the anti-fans rage unchecked, the more the fans seem to want to throw money at SC like ladies hurling their scanty panties at a Tom Jones concert.

Alright I'm out, gotta catch my flight soon. You kooky kids have a great holiday season and stay safe. See ya after the New Year.

Happy holidays and that 2016 be an year were I be proven wrong :D
    Brenics said:
    I totally agree. There's a reason why clickbait exists. What tickles my funny bone even more is that it seems the more the anti-fans rage unchecked, the more the fans seem to want to throw money at SC like ladies hurling their scanty panties at a Tom Jones concert.

Alright I'm out, gotta catch my flight soon. You kooky kids have a great holiday season and stay safe. See ya after the New Year.
    Back at ya and have a safe New Year!

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    There's really not much to hate....they don't have enough of a playable game to hate , LOL.

But enough to know when people are getting scammed
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Syphin_B said:
    There's really not much to hate....they don't have enough of a playable game to hate , LOL.

But enough to know when people are getting scammed
    When Chris Roberts, famous for over promising and under delivering, finally delivers the first part of SQ42 the crying and hate will be epic. Or it's going to be the best episodic game ever made. Naaaa, who am i kidding, this is Chris Roberts we are talking about.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I downloaded the game after around 2 years avoiding this. It's incredible how after so long, even the Hangar is still barebones and full of bugs.
    Accessing the ship it crashed two times and I have to restart.
    And man... loading times... I don't even... 

Planetside is barebones too. Empty, nothing to do, no mechanics in place, just a chat and walking around staring stuff and full of bugs. I was unable to try the Port (Alpha 2.0). I simply don't get access and get errors, be through the menu or the elevator.
    Going back from Planetside to Hanger, boom, crashes. Restart again.

It's obviously pretty, but, most of the things are just like a prototype, still to be replaced.
    The feeling did not sound good enough. Nothing epic, nothing special. It was just... meh, comparatively with any other game that I played of the sci-fi genre. The worst sci-fi ever.
    It's a prototype of a mod of Mass Effect 1 with better graphics, but in the very earlier stages, lacking 5 - 7 years to be completed and stabilized.

I focused on this part, because that is the part that SC differentiate from ED. I know that in the matter of fun while flying and battles, ED is ridiculously better, since their first alpha, so, I just gave this chance to Star Citizen to see if they could win some hope from me.

Of course, I am going to try later some pew-pew to see... But I am really not impressed, not hyped, specially by the fact that clearly its a prototype, pretending to be an alpha, and will take many years to complete and making it stable enough... what is already there, which is very few, plus what still has to be done.

And looking to how even the Hangar still presents itself as barebones and with serious bugs, I predict a snow ball effect. The unfinished bugged Hangar with forgotten defects, over the unfinished first area with forgotten defects with the unfinished other areas, and so on, and they desperately adding more stuff to justify progress and try to survive in the competitive market (to become more competitive along 2016) and more bugs.

Seriously. This is going to take a decade to achieve that point of "finished" game, according with the supposed standards advertised by this team.

And after looking to this and remembering of what I read from some fans, man, those people are truly lying to themselves or trying to lie to other people for whatever reason. I don't see, how any reasonable person can believe that this game is coming out in just two years, once again, in the status promised per their advertising.

Now I understand why they keep a weekly section of Bug Show. They are indeed, trying to make people get used on living with bugs, because will be a decade of mess, just for the basics.

And for this, people are desperately spending thousands of dollars. Fascinating.

Back to ED, because seriously, that game is ages ahead of Star Citizen and clearly will be always ahead.

My only complaint about ED, is that I think, really, that they should make single-player campaigns, to give people a better sense of the universe and its lore, and because its fun. No need of Hollywood actors and could be as simple as using text stories between one mission and other in a campaign. But they should do that in my opinion.

And for Star Citizen, looking to what is done, the status of what is done and what needs to be done, not a chance that Squadron 42 will come out end of 2016. If comes out earlier will be a total shame, unfinished mess and people will jump in their throats, from general public to press.

So, end of 2017 is optimistic for Squadron 42. PU... well... and I thought that I was exaggerating when I said 2020... 

Roberts is a joker and indeed, have been just following his MO of lying to people, setting false expectations, just to keep them tied to the project so they sell more ships.

The market reality won't allow him to complete in the way that it should. So, in the end, will be an unfinished, bugged mess, incomplete and released earlier than it should, while Roberts change the speech and makes people forget about his sayings against publishers, and other challenges made to the game industry.
    An advice for the fans. Do not promote this game. Seriously. Stop to talk about it and go back to talk about it in the eve of Squadron 42 release. Forget the "spread the word", "whale bait" campaign. You are making more harm than good for the future of this game. Promoting competitors instead promoting Star Citizen, because people will consider it a delayed/slow piece of meh, bugged unfinished and full of disgusting cash grabbing around, sooner or later, and possibly moving to ED and keeping his fidelity there, since its easy for ED to grow and advance than ever will be for SC. in the delivering of more meaningful features, finished or not bugged/unstable, that is what really keep the interest.

And seriously, to what SC has of impressive, or different, is not so impressive as people detached of hopes and dreams, and just looking for a good game to play will consider.

I give the best scenario with chances of 80% of people to be disappointed, sooner or later, if brought now (or earlier).

So, the campaign of "spread the word" is directly associated with gathering more money and creating new whales, but for the future of the game, that will be a disaster. And 100 millions considered, you guys should just stop.

The game and its community behavior, even if its just a minority, but with the impact to the image of the whole, is an invite to produce disappointed people, unnecessarily, because if they came when was the right time (in case the legend of money secured be true, no worries, right?), they wouldn't be.

Think for a second. Sandi/Roberts and co. are blind with the idea of easy money. They are not been anything beyond short-sighted. Do you people want to give satisfaction to Sandi's work or fight for the success of Star Citizen? In case you choose SC over boosting Sandi's career, and financial interests that are natural for people short-sighted, that just care with people's money instead keeping/raising the level of trust and retention, you people have to start to make campaigns for the SC advertisers to shut their mouths.

Then going back to promote the game when SQ42 be ready to release. If you don't do that and keep as-is today, SC will flop. Because CIG and their mix of greedy/cowardly/lack of confidence in their own project, clearly have been demonstrating that won't do that.
    jcrg99 said:
    And for Star Citizen, looking to what is done, the status of what is done and what needs to be done, not a chance that Squadron 42 will come out end of 2016. If comes out earlier will be a total shame, unfinished mess and people will jump in their throats, from general public to press.

So, end of 2017 is optimistic for Squadron 42. PU... well... and I thought that I was exaggerating when I said 2020... 

Roberts is a joker and indeed, have been just following his MO of lying to people, setting false expectations, just to keep them tied to the project so they sell more ships.

The market reality won't allow him to complete in the way that it should. So, in the end, will be an unfinished, bugged mess, incomplete and released earlier than it should, while Roberts change the speech and makes people forget about his sayings against publishers, and other challenges made to the game industry.
    You realize they ban backers that talk bad about SC on other sites? So my guess is you may have already been banned.

But I must say you gave the best review anyone could give about the game. Also you catch exactly what is wrong with CR and his disregard for understanding how to complete a game and stay focused on the end results. You would think after working at Origin he would of learned his own faults but the game has shown he hasn't.

There are rumors and i repeat only rumors of him wasting money on his wife's failed movie career. I never believed the rumors of him doing drugs but that live demo of playing SC he sure seemed high.

Just sad SC and SQ42 may never get to a real release all because at some point they will run out of cash. Like i said time will tell. I also would hate to be CR if he has wasted the money and never releases a final protect.

But on the good side ED will get a lot of players.

Time will tell and thanks for the great review.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Brenics said:
    jcrg99 said:

You realize they ban backers that talk bad about SC on other sites? So my guess is you may have already been banned.

But I must say you gave the best review anyone could give about the game. Also you catch exactly what is wrong with CR and his disregard for understanding how to complete a game and stay focused on the end results. You would think after working at Origin he would of learned his own faults but the game has shown he hasn't.

There are rumors and i repeat only rumors of him wasting money on his wife's failed movie career. I never believed the rumors of him doing drugs but that live demo of playing SC he sure seemed high.

Just sad SC and SQ42 may never get to a real release all because at some point they will run out of cash. Like i said time will tell. I also would hate to be CR if he has wasted the money and never releases a final protect.

how do they find out who people are on other sites?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Brenics said:
    jcrg99 said:

how do they find out who people are on other sites?
    Good question, so I would guess they have to use the same name here as over there. But i do know that is one of the big rules, you can't post any bad stuff on other sites. So I should have clarified that I hope he isn't using the same nick.

Getting tired and my 3 grand kids and I were watching the Good Dinosaur.

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited December 2015
    I love this tour of the Santa Monica studio by ben:

and just in case people missed the show:

http://sendvid.com/w2auqg9z

I didn't make them but they're pretty spot-on.
    goobsnews said:
    I love this tour of the Santa Monica studio by ben:

and just in case people missed the show:

http://sendvid.com/w2auqg9z

Ok that was just BAD, funny but bad.