Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar took 9 years to make. Why is everyone so doom and gloom for EQN?

1234568»

Comments

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Loke666 said:
    Well, several games do have released after a long developmenty time. Darkfall and Wildstar are 2. But I can't think of any really successful one. EQN have so far not been in that long development time though.

The worrysome part here however is that SOE got bought up and then we have heard very little of the game since. And many team members have quit in the last 2 years and so did Smed.

That is not enough to say that it wont release or if it does, it will suck but it is worrying.
    I find that kind of encouraging.  They fired a bunch of people at the top who draw big salaries, talk a lot, and try to generate hype but do very little actual work on the game and haven't produced a successful MMO since the 90s.

The people at CN are very smart.  I don't see very smart people buying SOE just to milk EQ1&2 and H1Z1. CN clearly had a plan for EQN when they bought SOE.  Whether or not it's a plan we will enjoy is an entirely different question.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,086

I miss Smed. He truly was the best person who can calm the masses when it comes to anticipating impending doom by bringing us to our senses...
    Except he didn't calm the masses, but tended to anger many. While I won't say he deserved what happened to him as I don't help grudges against people I don't know, but the events that unfolded around him aren't that shocking.

No idea how involved he was in any stage of EQN's development, but being "the boss" he put together a few teams that flat out failed to create something of worth and the last one is now away from sight doing who knows what.

He promised what many assumed was "EQN" in a playable state which turned out to be Landmark. He told SWG fans that H1Z1 was their new home. Said EQN would be the largest "sandbox" ever but shows little sign of it having much sand, let alone the greatest one ever.

Guy needed a PR filter, but was let loose and no longer runs the company he started.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    It took nine years to make Wildstar? Jesus. I don't blame anyone for not making MMORPGs. That's an eternity. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,622
    Archlyte said:
    It took nine years to make Wildstar? Jesus. I don't blame anyone for not making MMORPGs. That's an eternity. 
    Well Koreans seem to turn them out in about 3 years. Must be a matter of efficiency.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited December 2015
    Kyleran said:
    Archlyte said:
    Well Koreans seem to turn them out in about 3 years. Must be a matter of efficiency.
    and Im pretty sure the number of people who work in the company might also be a factor.