Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official MMORPG.COM Devilian Guild "Poopsicle"

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Thought I would give a little instructional on how to make a poopsicle. You will need a stick, poop, and a freezer, gloves and wax paper optional. Now if you don't have any poop, you can wait until either you, your dog, your friend or whatever needs to poop and hope it comes out somewhat solid. Place your hands in a position to catch the poop, once in hand , slide the stick into the poop at least 3/4 the way through the length of the turd. If you wanted to now, wrap in wax paper and place in freezer. Wait at least an hour and a half or the center might bot be completely frozen before serving.
    Stop it!  I feel unsafe clicking this thread now.  I might read bad things!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    edited December 2015
    Holy Hell calm down... Poopsicle was named spontaneously on the livestream we had with the damn devs for crying out loud. It's a joke, just fun having with fellow gamers together. We actually have dominated in the game so far and have alot of highly skilled players. If you don't want to join us, Fu*$ING fine with me, we are full! :) 
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    "Why?" he asked as he shook his head and silently wondered if the 4th grade special needs class had lost track of some of their wards again...

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    redrip said:
    Holy Hell calm down... Poopsicle was named spontaneously on the livestream we had with the damn devs for crying out loud. It's a joke, just fun having with fellow gamers together. We actually have dominated in the game so far and have alot of highly skilled players. If you don't want to join us, Fu*$ING fine with me, we are full! :) 
    You can do whatever the hell you want. I just stated I refuse to have that name or anything similar to it hanging over my avatar's head.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    edited December 2015
    redrip said:
    I'm sorry you're upset, but you should have realized that the name "Poopsicle" would be ridiculed and scorned from the very start. Some games would find it 'inappropriate', and others would allow it, and a lot of people will find it to be low grade adolescent scatological humor, something they haven't found funny since before puberty. 

Actually your fuming and squirming over the name and peoples obvious and predictable reaction to it is only feeding the trolls. You'd probably have gotten a similar reaction if you'd gone with the name "Wang-Bangers". 

Also, don't blame the livestream. Somebody there accepted it, which is not something that is required of livestreaming. Even if you had a huge vote, you can still toss out things and not bow to the tyranny of the masses. 

Dominating the game, awesome! So, what does that have to do with the name choice?

Guild full. Too bad. I'm also restraining myself to not make the obvious poop joke there. :proud: Though it's rather moot with me as I doubt I'll play Devilian enough to ever reach level 25.

Good luck, I hope your next naming avoids the obvious pitfall this one produced, and have fun. :+1: 

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    redrip said:
    Awwww, did we hurt your young little feelings?  We are sorry that the little 10 year olds can't handle veing talked about.

Well next time don't pick such a juvenile name for an "Official" guild of this or any other MMO forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    barasawa said:
    redrip said:
    I'm sorry you're upset, but you should have realized that the name "Poopsicle" would be ridiculed and scorned from the very start. Some games would find it 'inappropriate', and others would allow it, and a lot of people will find it to be low grade adolescent scatological humor, something they haven't found funny since before puberty. 

Actually your fuming and squirming over the name and peoples obvious and predictable reaction to it is only feeding the trolls. You'd probably have gotten a similar reaction if you'd gone with the name "Wang-Bangers". 

Also, don't blame the livestream. Somebody there accepted it, which is not something that is required of livestreaming. Even if you had a huge vote, you can still toss out things and not bow to the tyranny of the masses. 

Dominating the game, awesome! So, what does that have to do with the name choice?

Guild full. Too bad. I'm also restraining myself to not make the obvious poop joke there. :proud: Though it's rather moot with me as I doubt I'll play Devilian enough to ever reach level 25.

Good luck, I hope your next naming avoids the obvious pitfall this one produced, and have fun. :+1: 
    Hahahaha! Oh boy you obviously take me way too seriously. I'm not one bit mad or upset, just find it funny how sprouced up you get over something really so trivial. The whole point of the guild was to bring together our livestream viewers and anyone at mmorpg who wanted to have some fun and poop around. We asked viewers on the livestream to come up with a guild name live and Poopsicle was formed, nothing like interacting with your audience and going with the flow!

Totally understand if you don't want the name "Poopsicle" above your head, but for the 25+ so far we've had a blast, met new friends and really had a shit ton of fun. Hell, maybe Poopsicle should live on!? I give props to the MMORPG Staff who played and still play and really had the balls to take a random name and make the best out of it. 

As for dominating, we took over multiple pvp zones, never said we were the #1 guild on the server so don't get your panties in a bunch. 

The game is fun but not something I'll be playing long term. 

PS. Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake

/Hugs
    RipperX
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    redrip said:
    I'd like to point out that your guild isn't dominating that server as a level 1 guild, the game isn't challenging enough to properly compare who's "highly skilled", and your guild isn't "full". So stop lying to people.

Guild name is juvenile regardless of whether or not it was a joke. *shrug* Not my taste for a guild name. I prefer a guild who's willing to look more serious, like... 'AlphaMotherFkers', 'pantsu', 'Pompeii_to_Wynn', 'RestInPieces', or even 'TheFailClub'.

Your guild is 1,059th place on page 71.

Took me 3 days to go from 1-52 and fully gear 950+.

Also, 

Trion thinks I'm 1337.
    lmfao .......................... exposed fraud..............
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288

Funny guild name and completely appropriate for pvp/raiders but as I tend to be a more pve story and character evolution based player I just couldn't see myself being:

Nimander Naal

Sergeant at Arms

Poopcicle

... passs, but thank you for asking ;)

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    I think you are all being highly immature and misunderstanding the deeper meaning behind the guild name. According to merriam-webster dictionary a poop (noun) is an "enclosed structure at the stern of a ship." It can also be used a verb to mean taking seas or waves over the stern. From this it's quite clear that their guild is referring to the fact they will be crashing upon their enemies like the waves in the ocean and are a force to be feared.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Ok.. so who gave some random 4chan tough guy mod rights on this forum?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited December 2015
    I'm more than a little sad no one wants to join Poopsicle. It was my family's name before the Fed changed it to Murphy when we immigrated. :(

EDIT: We're not taking the guild very seriously, and we don't expect you to. Anyone who knows Rip knows he's serious about 1% of his life. We made it on the fly because we were trying to test out Devilian War zone claiming, and this was easier than waiting for a guild to accept applications.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited December 2015
    redrip said:

The game is fun but not something I'll be playing long term. 

PS. Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake

/Hugs
    RipperX
    I like your videos and don't care about the name, but you want people to join a guild where its leader has no plan to stick around?
  • cobradirectorcobradirector Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Is the guild full? I'm brand new and I'd like to join. I find the name funny since  I'm usually more serious about naming things in mmorpgs but now as a 7 year vet I don't care anymore. Bring on the poop!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    OMG! I got to page 2 and I can't stop laughing my ass off......Thanks all you guys. Fun read.

I'm more than a little sad no one wants to join Poopsicle. It was my family's name before the Fed changed it to Murphy when we immigrated. :(

EDIT: We're not taking the guild very seriously, and we don't expect you to. Anyone who knows Rip knows he's serious about 1% of his life. We made it on the fly because we were trying to test out Devilian War zone claiming, and this was easier than waiting for a guild to accept applications.
    It doesn't matter. I don't care what game I am in, I'll never join guilds like <PINK NINJA BUNNIES> or <BIG PVPNESS>

Generally speaking guild names with body parts or body fluids are not something I want in my Tag.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Deare cousine is that a you? I looke to you everywhereee. It's mee! Poopsicle junior!
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    naami said:
    I think you are all being highly immature and misunderstanding the deeper meaning behind the guild name. According to merriam-webster dictionary a poop (noun) is an "enclosed structure at the stern of a ship." It can also be used a verb to mean taking seas or waves over the stern. From this it's quite clear that their guild is referring to the fact they will be crashing upon their enemies like the waves in the ocean and are a force to be feared.
    NOW you're thinking with fractals!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    naami said:
    Or......
    It could possibly mean frozen shit on a stick, but who's to know the truth behind the naming?
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    So many pseudo elitists in this thread. To good for a poopsickle, aye?
    -Chuckles