Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP MMO with Stealth Class

jimMMOjimMMO Member UncommonPosts: 19

Hi,

I am looking for a MMO (RPG or FPS) that has a stealth class with permanent stealth.

Right now I am playing Planetside 2 with the stalker cloak which is quite funny. But I am looking for something else.

What I like about Planetside 2:

- Huge battles

- Permanent stealth with stalker cloak

- MMO factor (the more you play the better weapons you get)

- You don't have to level to get into pvp.

It would be cool to have something where you don't have to level much to get into pvp. Or even better: You level while doing pvp.

Thanks!

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Ultima Online

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jimMMOjimMMO Member UncommonPosts: 19

Thanks for the replies.

Graphics of UO are a bit too old for me.

The insane amout of level in Jade Dynasty is a bit too much.

Maybe I stay at Planetside 2 for a while.

Other recommendations are welcome.

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

Dark Age of Camelot has some significantly satisfying Perma-Stealth gameplay, Although the game is 15 years old the graphics are still quite decent (imo better than WoWs or EQ2s, etc)

World of Warcraft is an obvious example, you have the rogue with its perma stealth. 

EVE you can play certain ships that essentially have perma-"stealth", although you probably would have to have an account for 6months-year before actually able to play it properly haha.

I think your particular problem is, there really isn't any MMO out there like Planetside 2 where you can just jump into large scale PvP battles straight away that also have a stealth class. (at least to my knowledge)

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by jimMMO

Maybe I stay at Planetside 2 for a while.

You might just be better off with PS2.  That's really not a bad thing either because PS2 is a very good game.  The only other games I can think of that come close to what you describe with permanent stealth would be SWTOR or WoW but both are themeparks and only really offer BGs that are pretty good, but those might not have as big as battles as you want.  But in those games, stealth means melee. You can't pick people off from a distance like a PS2 sniper.  So basically as soon as you pop out of stealth in those games to make your move you are a sitting duck until you can evade and hide again or if your cool downs are up that let you re-stealth instantly during combat.  Makes for fun and engaging gameplay.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    No brainer OP ESO all classes can sneak/stealth out of combat. Night Blades also have limited invisible/cloak which the can do anytime for as long as the have magicka.

PS2 is my second favorite game. ESO and PS2 stand alone in the three faction genre.

March 17th it goes b2p. Give it a shot.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hi,I am looking for a MMO (RPG or FPS) that has a stealth class with permanent stealth.Right now I am playing Planetside 2 with the stalker cloak which is quite funny. But I am looking for something else.What I like about Planetside 2:- Huge battles- Permanent stealth with stalker cloak- MMO factor (the more you play the better weapons you get)- You don't have to level to get into pvp. It would be cool to have something where you don't have to level much to get into pvp. Or even better: You level while doing pvp. Thanks!

Best bet is to twink out a rogue in Wow. (imo)

+An Age of Conan Assassin has perma stealth but i don't think the pop would satisfy your criteria.

+Im sure rift has a perma stealth class.

+Wildstar has a perma stealth class.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by bcbully
    No brainer OP ESO all classes can sneak/stealth out of combat. Night Blades also have limited invisible/cloak which the can do anytime for as long as the have magicka.

Thanks!

I have heard you don't have perma stealth since sneak/stealth drains stamina, isn't it?

Raiki712
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I think ESO does fit the bill.  I have a level 11 nightblade that due to her Night Silence armor set and some night blade passive skills basically has permastealth while moving at run speed.  Eventually I will run out of stamina, but I just stop moving and in less than a minute she is at full stamina.  So I can basically run from one keep to another in stealth without stopping to regen stamina.  I even gets kills in spite of the fact I am a pretty bad pvp'er and the character is close to minimum level.  You can join PVP at level 10 and it takes only a few hours to get to that level, though doing delves and hunting skyshards will net you more skill points.
    Originally posted by Dragonsfire9
    I think ESO does fit the bill.  I have a level 11 nightblade that due to her Night Silence armor set and some night blade passive skills basically has permastealth while moving at run speed.  Eventually I will run out of stamina, but I just stop moving and in less than a minute she is at full stamina.  So I can basically run from one keep to another in stealth without stopping to regen stamina.  I even gets kills in spite of the fact I am a pretty bad pvp'er and the character is close to minimum level.  You can join PVP at level 10 and it takes only a few hours to get to that level, though doing delves and hunting skyshards will net you more skill points.

Great, didn't know it. I am checking out ESO then.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Most enjoyable perma-stealth was WoW with Druid in cat form = stealth toggle.  Jump into the water and become a fish. Fly like a bird, tank like a bear, and travel form as a cheetah.  Didn't like that spell form but shape shifting was fun in general.

Also SWTOR has Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow that have a toggle stealth and can break combat with it.  That was fun.  :-)  Imperial Agent has good stealth and good story line.  And I think engineer in STO has a stealth toggle for ground missions.

I would wait the few weeks til ESO goes buy to play and let the dust settle on that new update that changed a lot of the way things are done.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

DAoC puts all the others to shame.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

DAOC. They have a 2 week free trial so you wont get burned if you don;t like it.

DAOC is THE undisputed gold standard of faction vs faction.

YOU really need to try it.

3 realms each has  at least one perma stealth class. Each realm has its own unique classes.

• Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136
    ESO has great stealth gameplay and huge pvp, that fits the bill pretty well.
  • SzczepanXSzczepanX Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by bcbully

Thanks!

I have heard you don't have perma stealth since sneak/stealth drains stamina, isn't it?

Indeed it does drain stamina. However, you can build enough sneaking cost reduction and stamina regen to actually be on plus with stamina during sneaking.

Any new games with stealth?
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Stealth is for people that don't want to contribute to the group or play in a group, if given a choice, I boot any stealthy that tries to group up in my groups because they are cowards and all to often don't keep the pressure up in phases that require players to do so.
    Stealth is for people that don't want to contribute to the group or play in a group, if given a choice, I boot any stealthy that tries to group up in my groups because they are cowards and all to often don't keep the pressure up in phases that require players to do so.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    jimMMO said:

I feel the same way.  It's a game, I don't care if you like my stealth class or not.  In fact, if you don't like it, then play a game without it.  Problem solved.

I really liked the Jedi Shadow in SWTOR, but there were things about SWTOR PVP that I absolutely detest, such as no CC immunity.  If I attacked someone solo out of stealth with CC opener, then forget it, they're done.  No chance whatsoever, no matter what class they're on.  I can chain CC them and power attack while they're down.  It turns into a game of who CC's first.  

Not only that, but gear is king in SWTOR.  People with the best gear, even drooling window lickers with an amputated arm, can wipe the floor with someone who has worse gear.

The other games that I PVP in don't fit any of your requirements, so I won't comment on them.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Blade and Soul has assassin with cloak/invis skills,
    open beta starts 19th Jan

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(