Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild Terra

Comments

• guniballguniball Member UncommonPosts: 109

What the press is thinking about Wild Terra?

Wild Terra in alpha testing stage, but even now we get a lot of attention and warm feedback not only from the players, but also from the press around the world. Such support is very encourages and gives a lot of energy to move forward. Many thanks to all who support us!

Press about the Wild Terra:

"Is an amazing game, and I became quite obsessed with it. As a whole, I recommend Wild Terra to all adventurers that want a new, unique experience to check out!" - 8/10 bestmmorpg2015.com

“This game will be a good choice for players who does not like grinding. There are no NPCs in the game, so the only way to get something is to create it by yourself or buy it from other players... or take it with brutal force.“ - 2p.com

“I totally recommend Wild Terra Online, it has great potential and a really bright feature. Can’t wait to see what the devs have in mind and what other features will be added in the game. “ - 7.5/10 grabthegames.com

“Wild Terra really gave me a sense of accomplishment because you have nothing to start with, so my little house and rickety fence may look cheap, but I put the time and effort into every piece of it – it’s a great feeling that I made it.” -mmo-central.com

“It’s strange that I had not previously heard about the Wild Terra, because it’s a game that all hardcore fans are waiting” -mmorpg.org.pl

“Looking for an up-and-coming sandbox that isn’t some weird jumble of voxels? Wild Terra would respectfully submit that you check out its isometric medieval world as a possibility.” - massivelyop.com

“Wild Terra giving players a great opportunity. You can try the profession of woodcutter, hunter, blacksmith and others. It all depends only on your personal preferences.” - gamek.vn

"Wild Terra is a very promising, hardcore-type, survival MMORPG that will definitely appeal to fans of survival games." - 10/10 wwgdb.com

"In spite of the minor glitches that are present in the game (it is an early access game, after all), I have personally enjoyed playing this game a lot... it is well worth its price." - mmosquare.com

• l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    You can get a subforum for your game on this site.
    As far as I know thats free. However, to get featured on the front page costs $$$.

I have some great MMORPG news that I want you to post at the site. How do I submit this to you guys?

We love getting news!  Before you submit news, make sure that:

a) The news you have relates to a game on our list
    b) The news is not already posted for this game
    c) The topic is fairly new, old news is not really news :)

You can simply e-mail us what you have to [email protected] - please make sure you provide all needed information like the game and any web links to the source.

Thank you!

l2avism said:
    You can get a subforum for your game on this site.
    As far as I know thats free. However, to get featured on the front page costs $$$.

I have some great MMORPG news that I want you to post at the site. How do I submit this to you guys?

We love getting news!  Before you submit news, make sure that:

a) The news you have relates to a game on our list
    b) The news is not already posted for this game
    c) The topic is fairly new, old news is not really news :)

You can simply e-mail us what you have to [email protected] - please make sure you provide all needed information like the game and any web links to the source.

Thank you!

Ye, I know about News, you can read our news here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1326/view/news
    and our interview :)
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1326/feature/10137/Making-the-Game-of-Our-Dreams-A-Chat-with-Denis-Poprykin.html

Black Friday special offers. Save up to 70%

Take part in the biggest sale of the year - Black Friday. Buy access to the game at a special low price. Discounts from 40% to 70% for all bundles. Save up to $155 by making a purchase right now!

The game is updated to version 0.7.21

2015-12-01-update-7-21_1024jpg

Game client and server has been updated to version 0.7.21. To continue playing you need to download an updated version.
    If you do not have access to the game, you can purchase it on our website.

Download the client update

New in 0.7.21

Added animation for spear, sling, hammers, sickles, saws, shovels and buckets.
    Updated animation for wooden and iron axes, added animation for steel.
    For all types of bows were made the individual animation.
    Now you can make a straw hat and a flaxen cloak.
    Fully completed redrawing all icons for the items in the inventory.
    Each type of tree seedlings now has its own icon.
    Added sound when throwing spears and stones shot from a sling for melee attacks.

Fixes

Fixed long timers at the ballista, battering rams and resources, which resets the timer at the server restarts.
    Fixed a bug due to which could cause damage to the player whose double remained on the map.
    Noble dominiums can now connect to each other.
    On the server Hortum, extension dominions to each other disabled.
    Buckets are now taken in the left arm as a shield.
    Now for irrigation planting, water is not necessary to take in hand.
    When charging the ballista, a shell is no longer necessary to take in hand.
    Fixed font sizes in the interface, to provide more space for translations of phrases.

Help Wild Terra to become one of the best "Indie of the Year 2015"

Wild Terra became one of the nominees for the title of the best indie game in 2015.

1 day until the end of voting!
    December 11 will be announced the voting results and selected 100 of the best indie games of the year.

Everyone who votes has a chance to get a free key to one of these games!

• DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Reminds me of original Ultima Online... omg, the fear, the nightmarish FEAR HAS RETURNED!

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
    DrDread74 said:
    Reminds me of original Ultima Online... omg, the fear, the nightmarish FEAR HAS RETURNED!
    many things in the game was inspired by UO :)

Wild Terra: Year-end summary

A year has passed since the alpha-test of Wild Terra started.
    During this year, the game evolved and changed rapidly. It's difficult to imagine, but one year ago there was even no chatting and running features in Wild Terra. For newcomers it was especially difficult, because at that time the game did not even have a beginner’s guide. Hundreds of bugs were found and fixed, thanks to you! The most helpful testers were granted with the Duke keys.

During this year we added a huge amount of content to the game, a lot of new recipes, building schemes, craft chains, and much more. Along with the addition of new content, we constantly updated the graphics of the game.

This is how Wild Terra looked before:
    0_1450086300529_oldjpg

Now everything looks way better, right?
    0_1450086328537_newjpg

We also updated the audio of the game: we’ve added background music and sounds to most actions in the game. 8 months ago, when we didn't have a test server, we had to perform two wipes. We again apologize for the inconvenience.

The current number of Wild Terra servers exceeds one dozen. People from all over the world play the game — we even have players from Reunion. 
    map
    With such a wide geography, the game has been translated into 10 (!) languages: English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish, Vietnamese and Bulgarian.

During 2015, we held a few contests and free key distributions.
    Wild Terra made it into the Top 100 Indie Games list of the year, according to IndieDB. The 10 best games are being chosen by gamers right now. Vote for Wild Terra to help us achieve a place in the list!

We have become partners with Gamepedia and opened an official wiki page which is edited and updated by our active players.

An interview was given to the world's largest portal about MMO games - mmorpg.com
    Here you can find a summary of what the press thinks of our project.

We were together to celebrate Halloween, and we hope you are going to join us on Christmas.
    Click here to read about what the Wild Terra developers have planned for next year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! In 2016, we will give our best effort to provide you with the best gaming experience!

Keep up the news, folks! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

edited December 2015

Winter Is Coming. The frozen waters will add new features and surprises...
  • ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Good luck to you. However, speaking for myself, I simply cannot get entralled in top-down games. 
  • Saur0n69Saur0n69 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    If this is turns out to be a spiritual successor to Ultima Online I will be there =)
  • stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Game looks very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on it, the second you add in a male playable character I'll buy a founders pack, I just can't play a game unless I'm playing as a male charecter.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I\m so sick of top down games. It's damn near 2016 ffs!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    edited December 2015
    bcbully said:
    Yeah but there's something nice about being able to see 360 degrees around you at all times. Having that much situation awareness makes for great pvp that's one of the reasons why league of legends did so well I think.
    stio89 said:
    Game looks very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on it, the second you add in a male playable character I'll buy a founders pack, I just can't play a game unless I'm playing as a male charecter.
    Thank you! Now we working on optimization of characters with 3D models instead of sprites. When we do it, then we can add a male character :)
    Free Open Test!

Winter has come to the Wild Terra. Open free test server for testing version 0.7.22. The rates on the test server is increased x5 times and all timers accelerated.
    We ask you to pay particular attention to testing. Help us to look for bugs, report them in detail, and you will get a reward when the tests are completed.
    Test client works separately from the main and does not interfere with play.

Download the test client: http://files.playwildterra.com/dev/

New in 0.7.22

Winter has come, the waters were frozen, the ground and trees is covered with snow.
    Added christmas buildings, decorations, gifts and apparel. To get them, you have to obtain new materials.
    Look rare snowflakes in the snow, smite the Santa's deers to get the gifts for Christmas!
    Throwing snowballs, decorate the Christmas tree, sculpt snowmen, give gifts to neighbors and receive gifts from them!
    Put a gift under the door of a neighbor, and an hour later there will be a random gift.
    Hang in a safe place Christmas stocking and go to sleep. After 8 hours, check that you got as a gift!
    From hares, wolves and bears can now obtain wool, from which to produce wool fabric.
    Added snowdrifts and new plant madder, the roots of which are used for dyeing the wool and linen fabric.
    From trees is sometimes possible to cut with a knife branch of mistletoe.
    Branches and cones can be cut from fir tree with a knife.
    Added iron and steel scissors for weaving.
    Added a potter's wheel, which is required for making the pots.
    Updated graphics for the log. Colors for the door have been corrected.
    Updated graphics for the iron armor, added graphics for the steel armor.

Fixes

Changed interface of crafts and buildings to be able to display more materials.
    Duration of offline period before dominiums start receiving damage is increased up to 1 week.
    Gobelins now can't block the passage.
    The mill is now also can grind the bones and the roots of the madder.
    Optimized loading of map tiles.
    Optimized display of other players movement, they now move more smoothly.

Christmas Holidays in Wild Terra! Update 0.7.22

0_1450816212019_xmasjpg
    We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Our team wants to give you a holiday mood!
    From December 23 to January 8, a special holiday event will be going in Wild Terra. There will be new content that we’ve added recently: gifts, snowmen, festive costumes, snowballs… Lots of new stuff!
    To get the presents, Christmas costume, and a special title faster, you can purchase our new Christmas bundle
    0_1450819014140_bundlePNG
    All regular bundles will be on sale at Christmas! Please note that they were reworked: there are less of them now.

Winter has come to the world of Wild Terra. Woods and glades are covered with snow. Lakes are frozen, and they are no longer an obstacle.
    Play snowballs, make snowmen, present gifts, decorate your houses and don’t forget about a Christmas tree!

Tests are stopped. Update 0.7.22 is on live servers now. Thank you for the help with testing!
    Download updated client...

More information:
    0.7.22 New features
    We’ve added new Christmas structures, items, gifts and clothes. To get them, you’ll have to gather new materials.
    Search for rare snowflakes in the snow or hunt deers to get Christmas presents!
    Play snowballs, make snowmen, decorate a Christmas tree, present gifts to your neighbors and you won't be left without one too!
    Leave a present at your neighbor’s door and after an hour a random gift will appear.
    Hang a Christmas sock in a safe place and go to sleep. After 8 hours check it again to see what you’ve got.
    Hunt hares, wolves and bears to acquire wool, which can be worked into wool cloth.
    We’ve added snowdrifts and a new plant (madder). Roots of this plant are used for dyeing wool and flax cloth.
    Cut mistletoe’s branches from trees with a knife.
    Cut fir cones and branches with a knife.
    Iron and steel scissors were added to weaving craft.
    Potter’s wheel was added to the game. You’ll need it to craft pots.
    Updated graphics of the wooden hut, fixed door colors.
    Updated graphics of iron armor, added graphics of steel armor.

Fixes
    Craft and building UI was changed to make more room for needed materials.
    Time before the dominium dilapidation starts increased from 3 to 7 days
    Carpets don’t block the way anymore.
    Windmill now a also grinds bones and mistletoe roots
    Optimized loading of map fragments.
    Optimized movement of other players. Now they move smoothly.

• Lollip00pLollip00p Member CommonPosts: 1
    So, how is it going with adding the game to Steam?
    Lollip00p said:
    So, how is it going with adding the game to Steam?
    We plan to publish the game in Steam in the 1Q 2016

The game is updated to version 0.7.22.5

0_1452287256147_1jpg
    Game client and server has been updated to version 0.7.22.5. To continue playing you need to download an updated version.
    If you do not have access to the game, you can purchase it on our website.

Download the client update

List of changes:
    Updated graphics of frame houses, added various kinds of roofs and vertical column for the awnings.
    Updated graphics of city fences and gates, now they are 2 types.
    Updated graphics for warm sleeping place.
    0_1452287207702_2PNG
    Added the Dutch language.
    Changed the requirements for resources and tools to of frame houses and city fences.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    bcbully said:

But what if you had fun playing it?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KeenoKeeno Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Was gonna try the game until i realized they want you to buy a bundle AND A PREMIUM SUB for another early access game. Fug this shit maybe if it was finished.
    Keeno said:
    Was gonna try the game until i realized they want you to buy a bundle AND A PREMIUM SUB for another early access game. Fug this shit maybe if it was finished.
    another game? what are you speaking about? O_O

New Server - New Features

0_1452863695016_1jpg
    It’s not a secret that currently we’re focusing on the server development for Wild Terra, which will add new interesting features to the gameplay for players and new opportunities for us as developers. So, what’s coming up?

Unique world
    First, the biggest change is a breakaway from our standard map. Each server will have it’s unique landscapes and points of interest generated randomly. It will allow everyone to find a corner for oneself and arrange it as he/she wants. Rivers, roads, and mines will appear in the game. Mines will be rich with rare resources, and their addition will lead to fights for control over them.
    0_1452864051994_2jpg

Thereby the world will cease to be static — resource generation rate and size of the map will depend on a number of players on the server. It will allow to solve problems connected with the resource lack after big advertising campaigns. Eventually Wild Terra will be able to enter Steam and increase it’s player base. After all, we’re making an MMO!

Map size increase and lag problem solution
    Optimization defects were caused by the wrong architecture of the actual servers, inability to scale the size of the playable world and increase the servers’ capacity. Using the new approach, we’ll manage to improve optimization. In addition, event calculation algorithm has been changed — only active regions, where something happens at the present time, are processed.

Compare the maximum size of the actual game world and the future one with 1000 players on it. This number of players has been taken just as an example and it’s not the limit.
    0_1452863673621_wt_map - png

Safe zones and constant war regions
    Special type of territories will appear in the game, where no one can attack others and destroy buildings. It’ll be helpful to players who has no time to “live” in the game 24/7 defending their property.
    0_1452864166198_3jpg

In contrast to the peaceful territories, there will be regions for PvP-oriented players with a constant war going for valuable resources and control over the habitats of rare animals.
    0_1452864183757_4jpg

Project development with the new server
    From the perspective of the developer, the server change solves several issues connected with:

• player quantity increase within one server;
    • as a result, reduction of the number of servers and our expenses on the hardware;
    • attraction of players of similar types to same places in the game world: safe zones for casual players and constant war regions for hardcore and PvP-oriented ones.

At last, the new server will bring us closer to adding long-promised new features:

• personal and public caves — dungeons;
    • mines and fights for resources;
    • clans, clans’ castles, and clan territories;
    • mounts and much more features, which are still too early to announce...

Tests of the new server will begin in January-February 2016.

0_1452864216660_5jpg