Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Devilian

2»

Comments

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I usually could care a less about the game when watching a HiveLeader review, this one did not disappoint.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,237
    I played for about 2 hours before I uninstalled. It was ok, but there are much better arpg's out there than this like D3 or POE.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    TheHiveLeader said:
    A little hint for everyone: If you want to know my personal feelings about whatever game it is my video is covering, look for subtext. "Try the game. It's free-to-play. There's worse ways to spend your time." - Do you think that's a strong recommendation for a game?

@TheHiveLeader No idea why people are getting upset, the review was as clear as the fate of EverQuest Next.
     W...aaagh?
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Wicoa said:
    jesteralways said:

Wicoa said:
    I like this game.

What I find naughty though is (even as a pack buyer), some limitations are annoying. Topping this list is the minimal inventory space and more is only available from buying a dex with ingame gold about 150g on my server or instore.

How about once inventory space is unlocked it is account wide?

This game may make more revenue if it positioned its subscription and market cheaper. I find it difficult leaving a recurring subscription on an mmoarpg game that costs a little more per month (in the EU) than a triple A theme park mmorpg. This is a little grating.

If this was a pocket money game then it would stand out from the crowd.

Monetizing inventory space in a game that depends on killing and looting and managing inventory : BEST FUCKING WAY TO MAKE MONEY!!!

Don't believe me? Try Path of Exile. I mean we don't "NEED" more than the base inventory space, it is not like we will be looting much anyways, right?

Devilian at the very least gives you 1 free inventory expansion with a quest, 24 slot warehouse expansion through quest and every 2 week as a subscriber we can get 1 free inventory expansion. And you can do dungeons over and over again to have your chance at 8-32 slot warehouse expansion runes.

Fair point but where I disagree is if you choose to be a subscriber and support the game. In my opinion and based on experience with other subscription option games, it would be nice to be provided with some store coin per subscription month to help to alleviate this and other elements.
    Let me correct myself since i had some talk with patrons, it is 1 free inventory expansion every 5 days, not 2 weeks.

Why would you need cash shop coins? The only thing that is worth buying in cash shop is inventory expansion and you are getting 1 free every 5 days. And if you want warehouse expansion solo the shit out level 13 normal dungeon, if you get S rank you will always see at least 1 warehouse expansion rune on roulette, they range from 8-24 slot, eventually after a couple of S rank and roulette spin you will get at least 1 warehouse expansion. Unfortunately 32-40 are cash shop only or i still have not seen them on roulette

Let's see in other games they give about 500 free cash shop coins every month, apart from that they don't give anything else that has some impact on you average play time, not to mention as soon as you unsubscribe they block at least half of what you have; gears or customization; hell some even ask you to pay for mission reward or group content loot and if you did not buy expansion you can't access them. In trion's game there is no such bullshit, even if you unsub they don't annoy you to subscribe and block access to content or gears or loot etc. like the ones that give you 500 cash shop coin every month. So now you decide.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    I submitted the video (together with RPS's review "Devilian Is Like An Afternoon Nap In Gaming Form" - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/17/like-an-afternoon-nap-in-gaming-form-devilian/) to MMORPG and Devilian reddits, and here are the reactions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/devilian/comments/3xldx7/rockpapershotgun_and_mmorpgcom_reviews_of_devilian/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/3xlf34/rockpapershotgun_and_mmorpgcom_reviews_of_devilian/
     W...aaagh?