Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Building a specific sort of Stamina Dragon Knight? / Need Advice Pls :)

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Greetings!

I am totally new to ESO and im trying to create a specific sort of a Dragon Knight character.

I have already watched some Youtube videos and read some guides, but im still a Little confused, hence my asking here :)

Here is what I wanna build:

Race: Imperial (race)

Class: Dragon Knight (class)

Armor: Heavy Armor

Weapon: Sword & Board

+ WEREWOLF transformation

And my preferred Active/Hotbar Skills:

1-Burning Breath (coz its stamina based AND for the ''coolness factor'' : D )

2- Unstable Flame (coz its stamina based AND for the ''coolness factor''  again...)

3-Werewolf (ULTIMATE?) skill (IMO this is gonna work well with an imperial race DK that focuses on stamina and stamina based skills)

BUT WHAT SHOULD MY OTHER 3(?) SKILLS BE?

I know that I can switch weapons to have access to Another set of 5-6(?) skills, BUT I WOULD MUCH RATHER simply focus on ONE set of weapon&board WITHOUT having to switch all the time (IF POSSIBLE........ I just find it boring).

AND MY **BIGGEST** PROBLEM with such a build: SURVIVABILITY. Sure, I got Heavy armor and shield, but how the heck am I gonna be able to heal myself?

The 2 handed sword has a skill that heals (Rally, I guess), but I dont wanna use a 2-hander, and I don't even wanna switch to it (if I can)

And the DK has several SELF-HEAL skills, BUT they are all magicka based (to my knowledge), and magicka is something that im going to lack (if I am to focus on stamina). Otherwise, spending too many Points on magicka might even make my werewolf form weaker, I recon?

So, im kinda stuck,, uhuh. And thus; any kind of help would be appriciated! :)

PS! Would I be okay if I were to put some very few points into magicka in order to make use of the DK self heal ability ''Dragon Blood'' and/or its morphs? OR WOULD I INSTEAD BE GIMPING MYSELF by doing such a thing : D ??

As you can see, IMHO I could really use some advice.

Thank you very much :)

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited December 2015
    So what do you want to do with your build? Tank? DPS? Solo? 

Any good all-around build should have a mix of DPS, crowd control and self-heal (and or mitigation.) And yes, if you don't weapon swap, you'll be severely gimping yourself. But that doesn't mean that you need to swap to a different type of weapon: your "other" can be the same as your main, although S&B for both will gimp you for anything other than tanking instances. S&B is not very good for offense - it's meant for tanking and mitigation and built that way.

Also... nothing wrong with stamina builds having a a magicka "dump." That dump can be a heal, a ranged pull... whatever you want to make it. That dump skill won't be as powerful or as spammable as if you were built for magicka but still useful nevertheless.

And one more thing... what works 1-20 may not be the same things that works later on. Be flexible and change your build when you need to.

Stamina builds should look at the handful of class skills that can be morphed to be stamina based, weapon skills, Fighter's Guild skills, WW and even a handful of PVP skills that are very useful in PVE (but you have to earn those by PVPing.)

So back to the beginning... what do you want to do?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    edited December 2015

Hello and thank you for the replies.

''What do I want to do? ''

Ok, this is honestly a very good question :) And the answer to that question, as DMKano said, is; ''Everything of course'' heheh : D

I am MOSTLY interested in a SELF SUFFICIENT character (some melee/magic offence with some defence/healing) that can do well on its own during SOLO PLAY in **PVE**. (But ofcourse I wouldn't mind joining up with other cool people in groups or eventually doing some PVP stuff further down the line). 

BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I am ALSO very interested in the idea of creating a character FOR ROLEPLAYING PURPOSES, a.k.a a character that I PERSONALLY would like to play as in Elder Scrolls Online.

(And a character that I personally would like to play as in ESO happens to be an Imperial DK who wields a sword&board, wears heavy armor, can use a few offensive DK magic skills (for example like; Burning Breath & Unstable Flame), AND can turn into a Werewolf - coz, err, THIS JUST SOUNDS SO DANG COOL TO ME! :)

*BUT* here is the TRICKY PART:

-At-the-same-time-, I want there to be some *SYNERGY* between my chosen race, class, build, and my choice of becoming a werewolf.

So its sort of like I wanna balance my ''roleplaying'' with some decent ''Gameplay Power-Potential'' so that I won't be running around with an ''almost totally gimped'' character all the time that can't even kill a fly, JUST BECASE ''I wanna be roleplaying'' :D heheheh.

And hence the build that I have in mind:

To my knowledge, Imperials have good stamina and health, along with some shield learning boost (?) and they get to restore a little bit of health for every 10th melee strike (racial passives), so theoretically they MIGHT make decent tank builds.

Werewolf transformation (ultimate) and its skills are also ''stamina based'' abilities (right?). Thus if I wanna be a stamina-based-DK, it would synergise well with the werewolf ultimate and its abilities?

And Dragon Knights have 2 spells that are ''stamina based'' once they are morphed, right? I mean the ones I mentioned above; 1- Burning Breath (stamina morph) and 2-Unstable Flame (also stamina morph). And melee damage & all the weapon skills (except the staffs?) are stamina based as well...(?)

Thus, if I go the road of sword&shield ''tanky'' Dragon Knight stamina build WITH the Werwolf Ultimate, it would all (race,class,equipment,skills)  synergise rather well? (UMM, MAYBE??)

-

This is why I have such a character in mind; Race: Imperial, Class: Dragon Knight, Armor: Heavy Armor, Weapon: Shield/Sword, Ultimate: Werewolf (with its own active skills when transformed);

Here is how my hotbar's intended to look like: 

1- Burning Breath (Stamina Morphed multi-target attack) 

2-Unstable Flame (Stamina Morphed single target attack) 

3-Flames of Oblivion (Fire and Forget TOGGLE skill that NO LONGER consumes large amount of magicka whenever its activated, right? I have read several patch notes and conflicting player-written threads about this subject, and im a Little CONFUSED right now :D)

4-??Some shield melee attack or defense skill??

5-??AND Some other skill in this particular build THAT CAN EFFICENTLY RESTORE MY HEALTH (Otherwise im gonna be in some serious trouble as a ''self sufficient solo build'', me thinks)

6-ULTIMATE: Werewolf Transformation (Unlike the Vampires, the Werewolfs are ''Stamina Based, aren't they?) 

As you can see, it is the skills number ''4'' and ''5'' that worry me the most. Me thinks the 2-handed weapons have a good attacking skill (Wrecking Blow?) and a good healing skill (Rally?) but I cannot find such skills that are appropriate for my character on the Shield&Weapon skill list?

And by that, I ESPECIALLY mean a HEALING SKILL? How is a Stamina-Based Dragon Knight Supposed to Heal Himself during combat?

So what do you guys Think of my planned Stamina DK/Werewolf build? How can I improve it without changing it too much? What 2 skills should I pick for the purposes mentioned above? Or what else sorta suggestions do you guys have?

PS! MY APOLOGIES FOR THE UBER-LONG TEXT. No offence is meant by that :)

Post edited by Krelian on