Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert - My thoughts - Game Flow SUCKS!!!

13»

Comments

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    anyway to change the font in this game? i dont know why they decide to use email font like arial or a thinner version of arial for this game...well all asian games do this...

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I enjoyed the beauty of the game, but the gameplay did nothing for me. I got bored. Definitely a niche game.  I tried out Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online and I think I just don't like  asian / chinese / korean / japanese games.  In general, all the males look too feminine to me and some of the animals look like pokemon or are too cutsey to take the games seriously.  IMO. If you like that kind of stuff, good on you. Enjoy!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

another annoying point:  you click someones name in chat, you dont reply back to them, it opens up a sub menu.  the sub menu should be right click.....

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    ok logged out. live updates are over for tonight!

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    After reading past the 1st few lines it became obvious this was a very bias and inaccurate post.

I have only watched streamers and a few vids of BDO and know it has better graphics than what you made it out to be.

edited December 2015
    NobleNerd said:
    After reading past the 1st few lines it became obvious this was a very bias and inaccurate post.

I have only watched streamers and a few vids of BDO and know it has better graphics than what you made it out to be.
    yeah it was my graphics card.  though after reading your first sentence it became obvious you dont read things completely.   how could i have a bias? this company ripped me off? i'm against the game?  i have a vested interest in a competitor?  nope.  not biased toward any game as of now.  just playing and typing what i encounter.   

• NarishmaNarishma Member UncommonPosts: 74
    time007 said:
    Graphics - a bit grainy.  I would rank it slightly below GW2 but above FFXIV: ARR.  Obviously much better than ESO (which I consider terrible looking when stacked against GW2 & FFXIV:ARR)
    You can't honestly say that GW2 is better looking graphically than FFXIV? GW2 looked dated when it released, whereas FFXIV looks equivalent to many single player games.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    time007 said:
    another annoying point:  you click someones name in chat, you dont reply back to them, it opens up a sub menu.  the sub menu should be right click.....
    Other games have that as well. I'm not sure why you think all games should automatically have a reply back. I'm curious what game you are comparing this to?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Narishma said:
    time007 said:
    Graphics - a bit grainy.  I would rank it slightly below GW2 but above FFXIV: ARR.  Obviously much better than ESO (which I consider terrible looking when stacked against GW2 & FFXIV:ARR)
    You can't honestly say that GW2 is better looking graphically than FFXIV? GW2 looked dated when it released, whereas FFXIV looks equivalent to many single player games.
    ill go and fix my original post, after i edited my settings.  there was a setting that was causing the graininess. 

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Tokken said:
    I enjoyed the beauty of the game, but the gameplay did nothing for me. I got bored. Definitely a niche game.  I tried out Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online and I think I just don't like  asian / chinese / korean / japanese games.  In general, all the males look too feminine to me and some of the animals look like pokemon or are too cutsey to take the games seriously.  IMO. If you like that kind of stuff, good on you. Enjoy!
    To be honest that's describing both WoW and FFXIV too. Both of which are pretty popular in the West. Personally I hate cute games, so all MMOs with cartoony graphics.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2015
    Jakik said:
    observer said:
    Love the combat, the animations, the climbing everywhere, the graphics (even though i cant run it on ultra due to my outdated card...).

HATE the boring quests. Developers really need to find a new way to innovate or improve level progression. Ill keep playing the betas to see how the game improves. If by launch date the pve leveling is as generic as it is right now i might not buy the game for that sole reason. Im tired of leveling up through boring chores.
    Agreed on questing.  Devs need to stop having quest hubs as the main form of progression.  This is what killed Archeage for me.  I don't even want to see side-quests anymore.  I'm fine with major questlines and story quests though.  I really like what Swtor has done in this regards recently.  They have their major story quests and class quests highlighted, and all the others can be ignored.
    The fastest way to progress your character is by killing stuff... Questing is actually an extremely SLOW way to progress your character, at least level wise.

The main quests come from your black spirit so essentially you could ignore all quests and only do those just like you are wanting.

It's funny how people complain about "boring" quests yet ive never seen any actual suggestions on how to make them not boring. Everquest back in the day had the best questing of any game in my opinion. You had to actually find the quests, use dialog to get the quest, and track the quest and your progression on your own. WoW ruined that by making quests brainless and require as little work as possible. Thus you have todays questing systems.
    I do not have a suggestion on how to improve questing, and that does upset me. But mindlessly killing monsters can be as boring as mindless generic questing. I love Main quest lines when they are well done, what i hate is how devs put all the focus on generic killing/gathering tasks then call it a day. That is why i say they need to come up with a different way to pve leveling in the open world. You say WoW ruined quest progression by making them brainless and require as little work as possible, and i agree! So why do thesew companies keep doing that? that is beyond me, and as long as they keep adding such brainless quests/tasks we wont have a proper PvE mmorpg. So far that is my only issue with Black Desert, and every other mmorpg out there regardless of their other problems.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다