Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beta, ? really, ?! REALLY ...

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

"Before you get your hopes up, no we arent announcing any beta information yet."

Scheduled retail before 3Q06.

"The game is still in the early alpha stages of development and any announcement about beta will be a little ways off yet.

However there is one thing you can do to give yourself a better chance of getting in on the Beta is to make sure you are signed up here on the forums and to our newsletter . When you signed up won't be the only factor when the time comes, but the length of time you have been a part of this community will carry weight in the process of handing out beta Invitations." Sillirrion 13 Sept 2005

FAQ

features and previews

last interview/ article 20 Jan 2006.

Funcom (Anarchy Online) has
licensed
SpeedTree®RT for environmental imaging...
SpeedTreeRT, winner of the 2005 Front Line Award for middleware, delivers highly realistic trees and plants, with adjustable wind effects, user-configurable and seamless LOD transitions, and an included library of hundreds of tree, plant and marine models representing more than 170 core species. SpeedTreeRT includes SpeedTreeCAD, a Windows application used to create and edit animated trees in real-time.

? GMs ?
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and community minded individuals to join our staff at North Carolina to be part of the community support team! So if you think you have what it takes to be help build up the community around Age of Conan and our other games check out the details here .

Comments

• MingmageMingmage Member Posts: 5
    Actually the scheduled retail release date according to the site is Q4 2006.
  • aznwarlordaznwarlord Member Posts: 18
    this game is worthless rigth now why wait so long meh
  • 105m1n1105m1n1 Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by aznwarlord

I disagree with what u r saying. This game has it all. The AoC name, an experienced Dev team and a very strong community. I feel that this is the next big mmog. I could wait for twice as long.

::::28::

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

It's not the waiting for the game that matters to me, it's what 's delivered after the wait is over. Funcom can take all the time they need as long as the finished product meets or exceeds gamers expectations. Once a game is shipped the waiting becomes moot and everyone is focused on the delivered content. How long we had to wait for the game will be the first thing forgotten.

I have thought for a while that Conan has the potential to rival the great WoW. But in order to do so it must meet or exceed WoW standards for polish and overall presentation. No bugs, no broken gameplay elements, excellent user interface, no glaring imbalances or sloppy character animations. In this age of post WoW MMOs the bar has been set and if an MMO does not measure up, it will be quickly shuffled off to obscruity.

So, yes I think AoC could possibly take the crown. I think any professionally done MMO with a budget to back it up has the potential to compete strongly with Blizzard. I think WoW is a great starter MMO that has created an enormous new pool of MMO gamers. Many of these players after teething on WoW will be ready for something a little more substantial, something with deeper gameplay, more options, more challenge. Why shouldn't Age of Conan deliver?

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Exactly. Age of Conan has everything i want. Real-time combat, mounting real-time combat, sieges, mature atmosphere, good weight on pvp, formations and lots of other good stuff.

Looking forward to it... I definately going play it.

• D3bugD3bug Member Posts: 7

Yep, the game seems to be very promising, hope to hook on the beta. Screenshots are fantastic (surprised it's considered only "alpha" yet), but heh...how many mmo's "seemed" awesome before they released...let's wait.

• niteynitey Member Posts: 5

oh the beta, can't wait ::::02::

• p1t05p1t05 Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by 105m1n1

Originally posted by aznwarlord

I disagree with what u r saying. This game has it all. The AoC name, an experienced Dev team and a very strong community. I feel that this is the next big mmog. I could wait for twice as long.

::::28::

They should call this game "the age of Vaporan". You gonna have to wait for twice of "twice as long"!image"