Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Darth Maul Game that got cancelled Screenshots/Interview

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/12/16/darth-maul-would-have-looked-stunning-in-unreal-4.aspx

"When we were working on the project, we developed a number of systems – a combat system that was very robust, A.I. systems, and a variety of other systems. When our game got canceled, we didn’t want all that work to go to waste, so we just kept developing those systems. It wasn't specifically for Darth Maul, but it grew into other stuff like Dawn of Fire, a game we are working on now. Whenever we bring the system forward, Maul just comes along whether he likes it or not.

In the back of our minds, we always had a little candle on for Maul. Who knows what's going to happen with it? We knew we probably would never get to make the game again, but this little candle always was back there, and every once in a while, in our off, off, off time, we would go back to [the game] because it's fun and we have a passion for it. We continue the project for that little, small ray of hope. We didn't have anything planned really, we just thought maybe, just maybe, it could live again and we picked at it here and there.

But we knew it was dead. For some reason, everyone at the studio just kind of operated that way. And every time I'd say “Hey, maybe I'll take this to EA, or maybe we'll talk to Disney, if the opportunity presents itself." We mentioned it to a few people over at [EA], but it never went anywhere, so it wasn't like we were trying to do anything specific. It’s just the way we work; whenever we bring new systems in, we always update as much as we can with the old stuff because we never know when we're going to reuse it."

Disney you got some explaining to do...I mean really.  Whatever their next game is, hope it looks as awesome as this.

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Darth Maul lmao. I remember seeing The Phantom Menace on opening day. When Darth Maul was fatally dispatched I saw like 8 guys stand up and immediately leave the theater. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Why do people always judge a game solely on graphics?

Star wars battlefront was one of the most disgusting cash grabs so far released and it sold on graphics alone.