Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Players' Choice 2015 - Most Anticipated Awards at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Players' Choice 2015 - Most Anticipated a Awards at MMORPG.com

The time has come to cast your votes. This week's poll, open from now until next Sunday (12/27), is all about the most anticipated games expected to release in 2016. Click through and cast your votes while you can!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol Wow , these lists are so bad that nothing is worth voting on ... what a mess
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    i wanted so badly to vote for warhammers- i...i...i just couldnt.

i went with the division

sad to see no new mmos rolling in- i guess its an end to an era.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    H1Z1? lol... least put one that utilizes its mmo elements like ARK and not one that just focus's on being a big death match game, if you wanted to add a survival one :P.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Bad year incoming. Half the listed MMO's aren't real MMO's and the ones that are look pretty meh. I don't play MOBA's so no vote in those two categories. Might have been interesting if a none of the above option was available to keep track of how many of us are unimpressed with what's coming.

For RPG's I went with ME: Andromeda. Even though it's not going to feel like ME without Shepard I'm curious to see what they do with it.
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Wait, I thought Camelot Unchained was 2016... ?
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Dark Souls 3 will be amazing.
  • neetiyaneetiya Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited December 2015
    Expansions should be included too in the MMO section, imo.
    edited December 2015
    yeah where is Legion in this list?

edit -- nm, thats an expansion...
    orbitxo said:
    i wanted so badly to vote for warhammers- i...i...i just couldnt.

i went with the division

sad to see no new mmos rolling in- i guess its an end to an era.
    Its not the end of the era, its just a dry spell.
  • freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    These lists are great I'm going to start calling all team based shooters as mobas and all open world games as mmos, honestly 2016 seems like a pretty average year. Might as well list COD and Battlefield as mobas because they are right?
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Why not Divinity original.sin 2? DoS is amazing.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    Realy bad list....

Camelot unchainged mmo not included for 2016 ?
    Paragon Moba not included for 2016 ?
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    edited December 2015
    Wait, I thought Camelot Unchained was 2016... ?
    It is, it's likely to come out before crowfall, which was on this list. Also they didn't include Star citizen, which is just as likely to be finished before or around the same time in some form or another....

who makes these lists???
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Crowfall actually looks really interesting.  It looks casual enough that I won't have to drop all my other activities to play, and hardcore enough to run an empire.  

Eternal Crusade and The Division are my runners up for this category.  Both could either be amazing or bomb, but neither are really innovative.  Crowfall brings an entirely new brand of gameplay to the market, so it wins the tie-breaker.

Cyberpunk... pffft, anyone not looking forward to the next game from the makers of Witcher 3...  well, I guess I can only pity them.  Witcher 3 is mind blowing.  Imagine what they can do with the cyberpunk genre.

Overwatch... is it really a MOBA?  Looks like a TF2 copy from Blizzard, and if anyone could copy TF2 and do it right, then that's probably Blizzard, so it's on my "must try" list for next year.  Not to mention, the lineup of heroes they have is just... awesome.  Can't wait to see which one fits my play style the most.  Probably Junkrat.
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Thanks Bill! We're watching you too!!!! :)

In all fairness, we shouldn't be included in the list because, well, I'm less interested in winning a poll, then I am in disappointing people. Once we get into Beta, we'll have a realistic timeline for our launch. We missed our last estimated date and in my opinion, it would be BS to give out a date now. I've seen too many devs do that (including us). Bill asked me about the date and my answer was as it is here. We'll announce that date when we are confident. So, MMORPG/Bill did what they should have done, not include us. Fair is fair, and I support not being included in the poll 100%.

OTOH, on Tuesday we'll be doing some livesteaming that should make people who are concerned about our ability to deliver on the game, a lot less worried. :)

Thanks as always Bill and company!

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    LOL FORCED voting,no way in hell am i voting for a cheap ass moba game.

First grouping has several games that are already out and collecting money so a few don't deserve to be in a 2016 list.I like the Division but it is not a mmo.

Second tier is good ,,FFXV,Kingdom Hearts and Mass effect all good choices.I feel FFXV is going to look the most life like the others will look like a game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    MarkJacobs said:

In all fairness, we shouldn't be included in the list because, well, I'm less interested in winning a poll, then I am in disappointing people. Once we get into Beta, we'll have a realistic timeline for our launch. We missed our last estimated date and in my opinion, it would be BS to give out a date now. I've seen too many devs do that (including us). Bill asked me about the date and my answer was as it is here. We'll announce that date when we are confident. So, MMORPG/Bill did what they should have done, not include us. Fair is fair, and I support not being included in the poll 100%.

OTOH, on Tuesday we'll be doing some livesteaming that should make people who are concerned about our ability to deliver on the game, a lot less worried. :)

@MarkJacobs nice and fair, but almost every game on that list also fits very well in "2016 or later" category, I'd even be tempted to say that the "...or later" fits better to many.
     W...aaagh?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Wow i just realized Paragon is not on the list.It is a Moba although will play much better than a moba and of higher quality.

This one huge gaping hole proves this site does little on the gaming news front and spends too much time catering to sponsors.

If i actually enjoyed Moba's Paragon would easily hand down blow these other budgetware games out of the water,really sad this site doesn't even know of the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I can't vote for Camelot and I'm not interested in dotalikes but I voted for Torment in the RPG category. Sceptic about DaS3 - you can't release those games yearly and expect to get to the level of the first Dark Souls.
    Cyberpunk 2077 won't be released in 2016, they're barely starting the actual development.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    I too will call "BS!" on this list. Camelot Unchained is scheduled to release in 2016, with it's Beta starting shortly after the new year. The game has already had many stable Alpha tests. It is further along than Crowfall without having that P2W stuff that Crowfall has ("pay $800 for a castle for your guild!").

And what is stupidly worse about this? Crowfall WON the 2015 MMORPG "most anticipated" and it wasn't even close to launching in 2015. In fact, the developers said as much in their own kickstarter here: "The core module is estimated to be delivered by Winter 2016. First release (with partial functionality) will begin alpha testing in late Summer 2015."

SO! To break it down: MMORPG in 2015 voted a game that the developers themselves stated won't launch in 2015 as "Most Anticipated 2015", while this year removing a game [Camelot Unchained] from voting because they -MMORPG- assume it won't launch in 2016 even though the developers have said it would.

FARCE! I CALL THIS VOTE A FARCE!

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    JamesGoblin said:
    MarkJacobs said:

@MarkJacobs nice and fair, but almost every game on that list also fits very well in "2016 or later" category, I'd even be tempted to say that the "...or later" fits better to many.

It might. If it said 2016 or later, I'd be fine with that. Bill asked me a honest question and I gave him an honest answer. :)

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Wait, Warhammer 40K is coming out in 2016?  This could be interesting.
  • erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    where the fuck is camelot unchained? this site it getting worse by the frikking month
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    erinys said:
    where the fuck is camelot unchained? this site it getting worse by the frikking month
    *cough cough* Might want to read some of the earlier posts.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I too wonder why Paragon is not on the MOBA list.
    With open beta in summer 2016 it will most likely be released in 2016.