Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumpgate: New Q&A

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, we release a brand new Q&A with the good people from Jumpgate. This time around, we talk to Steve Hartmeyer, one of the game's developers. To read the whole thing, just follow the link below!

Recently, we ran a developer journal written by Steve Hartmeyer, a developer on Jumpgate who may be better known as Istvan. It looked to the past. Now we compliment that with an interview that looks to the future of this space-flight MMORPG from the developers of Auto Assault.

MMORPG.com: Jumpgate has been around for some time. For those who never tried the game, can you tell us about the basic themes behind it?

Steve Hartmeyer: Jumpgate is an online spaceflight simulator, set in a far-future milieu where a spacefaring civilization is being rebuilt amid conflicts among the successor states and corporations. Gameplay is reminiscent of Elite or Privateer, in which players can choose combat or profit to make their mark, but unlike those single-player games, every ship in Jumpgate is another player.

Read it all, here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• LaVeyLaVey Member Posts: 2

You truly are God, Istvan, but I guess you already knew that.

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181
    good to see another mmorpg being shown than the normal dozen. Good job mmorpg.com and i'd like to see jumpgate go for long time to come :)

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

• vomirvomir Member Posts: 3

nice read!

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

If only Eve online had Jumpgate's first person shooter aspect.

If only Jumpgate had Eve Online's economy.

But oh well, I guess I will play neither half-completed game.

• dgaliendgalien Member Posts: 9

Jumpgate is quite a good game. And it is nice to hear that they still developing and implement new features.

I'm a slow walker.
    But newer walk backwards -
    Abe Lincoln

• vorlon31vorlon31 Member Posts: 18
    image Jumpgate image
  • WinkkinWinkkin Member UncommonPosts: 3

Jumpgate was the first "online" game I've played and is still my favorite.
    The community is great, the best in any online game.
    NetDevil has been Super.
    and Isti, he is a God.
    ::::08::

Our thanks

::::39::

• vorlon31vorlon31 Member Posts: 18

One of the best things about jumpgate, one that is often overlooked, is its sqaud based gamepley.

You make a squad, give it a name and a purpose, a solid RP reason for existing and before long others who identify with your gameplay and objectives join. Soon the squad becomes an entity of its own within the jumpgate universe and the gameplay spinoffs of that are imense.

Jumpgates squad system rocks, and with all the future stuff planned by gmI it can only get even better.

• JohnnyPrimeJohnnyPrime Member Posts: 1

It warms my heart to hear the things that Istvan was saying.  I love JumpGate, and have always had a huge blast playing it.  The fact that he is still improving things is great!

JP

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I loved the game Elite when it was on PC..  When I read that this game would be similar to it , I started to drool, HOWEVER, I can't stand PvP play..  I continued to read that all the ships in this fantasy universe are fellow players, and it appears there are no PvE space combat, as Elite had.. I'll have to pass on this game..  Sorry Devil.. I'm a casual gamer that doesn't like PvP play..   Good Luck

• Eraser55Eraser55 Member Posts: 142

Oh, You just got punked! jk...

BTW this is an Old story, from LAST year, It has nothing to do with new Jumpgate, called Jumpgate Evolution.

For info on the new Jumpgate, search for newer articles then 22nd June 2007, if im not mistaken.. Thats when Jumpgate Evolution was revealed. Nothing before that exept rumors was known..

and yes it will have a big PVE part as well.

My cool sig: Turrets suck.