Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BnS Beta

DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
Well I think ncsoft lost me before they could grab me actually.  Anyone else get an invite to beta like myself and couldn't even install the game?  I get keeping the message about there being another version on my computer.  I uninstalled the Russian version I had using the uninstall feature of Windows.  Surprise!  A failure!  There are bits and pieces all over.  So I went through a search of my computer using "Blade and Soul", "BnS", "Blade", "Soul".  I imagine I am not the only one and someone here will provide me with some tips.  However, at this point the whole thing strikes me as half-assed and lame.  There is literally no support from ncsoft.  All I have found are links to nothing but prewritten stuff.  So that tells me two things.  First, your support is not even there.  Secondly, am I expected to scour every inch of my computer to find every little piece of another version of the game before I can play it?  For most producers..NO.  So, I've gotten two invites to close Beta and each time I am unable to even install the damn software.  Really!?  I can't make any posts on the forums even though I have logged in and have an invite.  I guess I'm just trying to figure out what the heck are they trying to do?

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Did you cut and paste the number they gave you in the NCSoft website? You need to do that before you can install. That is what happened to me.

• DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    edited December 2015
    I have the key.  I do not get an option to input it.  The game never really installs because it detects some other version.  Never got to the point where I could input it.  Unless, I'm misunderstanding you.
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    You have to input the key in your NCsoft account. Once that is done you have to activate it in your account. I had other versions of BnS on my comp as did a couple of friends and none of us had your problem. So fingers crossed if you have done as I suggest you will be ok, if not it is sad!!
    Ah ok.  I'll give it a go.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks Daemon
    Yea applied the code.  Still get the same message.  Oh well. Submitted a ticket. 
    If you have a 32gb USB or another HD you can try downloading and installing to that. My friend in SA has it on a USB drive and it works great. That may stop it detecting any extra files
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Try uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and give it another go
  • CryotechCryotech Member UncommonPosts: 33
    The Russian version is an illegal pirated version of the game that's at least 2 years out of date... Of course they're not going to support.
    edited December 2015
    I've emailed NCSoft about it.  I've tried CCleaner and deleting the NCLauncher.  I've continued to scour my system for any signs of Blade and Soul to no avail.  It's interesting how something can hide like that and only NCSoft can see it.  A tweak to the installer could solve the problem by deleting any other data or version of the the game since only it can find anything.  They, as a last resort, sent me to some page with common problems with installation.  Actually NONE apply to me so basically I will not be playing Blade and Soul.  Silly, right?  That's okay.  I was hoping to be able to follow the storyline with the NA release.  However, I've played it before so I'll survive.  I figure they're loss.  Thanks for all the input.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    While it sucks, should be a good lesson to everyone to not install a non-licensed version to play on a private server...why didn't you play it on the taiwan servers???
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    DztBlk said:
    I've emailed NCSoft about it.  I've tried CCleaner and deleting the NCLauncher.  I've continued to scour my system for any signs of Blade and Soul to no avail.  It's interesting how something can hide like that and only NCSoft can see it.  A tweak to the installer could solve the problem by deleting any other data or version of the the game since only it can find anything.  They, as a last resort, sent me to some page with common problems with installation.  Actually NONE apply to me so basically I will not be playing Blade and Soul.  Silly, right?  That's okay.  I was hoping to be able to follow the storyline with the NA release.  However, I've played it before so I'll survive.  I figure they're loss.  Thanks for all the input.

did you delete the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and then reinstalling?
  • st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    weird i played on the russian server, and still had it on my pc when the beta for n/a came out,   I wonder what could really be the cause of that error.  
    Hi maybe try deleting Nprotect could well be that is the problem and then try downloading and installing everything
    I don't know how much of a problem this is honestly.  I plan on buying a new pc next month so I'll just try the game out then.  Again, thanks for the all the advice.  Maybe I'm wrong, but seems to me like the installer should either just write another copy of the game OR if it's an asset that is needed for gameplay just write over it.  The next computer will provide a MUCH better gaming experience even though many would consider my current system more than adequate.  So, if it's just a matter of waiting then so be it.  Does seem like an odd situation to be in though.