Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 100m, here's the CIG Christmas gift - a ship sale, just U$ 2500/1250 each

jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305606/holiday-sale-details

"Greetings Citizens!

Santa Lando here with some important ship-buying notifications.

To celebrate the holidays, we are selling a limited number of Idris-P AND Javelin, in batches, at six hour intervals.

The Javelin will be sold in a total 200 allotment keeping in line with the relative population growth and ship distribution since it's last sale. It will cost $2500.

The Idris-P will be sold in a total 120 allotment keeping in line with the relative population growth and ship distribution since it's last sale. It will cost $1250.

1ST BATCH: 12/16 @ 1200 PST (2000 UTC) 50 JAVELIN and 60 IDRIS-P
2ND BATCH: 12/16 @ 1800 PST (0200 UTC) 50 JAVELIN
3RD BATCH: 12/17 @ 0000 PST (0800 UTC) 50 JAVELIN and 60 IDRIS-P
4TH BATCH: 12/17 @ 0600 PST (1400 UTC) 50 JAVELIN

Of course, the Holiday Livestream will start tomorrow at 1100 PST (1900 UTC)

See you then! "

Don't miss. Let the F5 war begin!

CIG is indeed awesome. I doubt that they could give better gift for the support and patience of their backers. A true chance to get these incredible concepts so cheap. Specially after the Alpha 2.0 already showing the total capability to handle multiplayer capital ships smoothly... well... I guess?
:D

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    will they send you a fairly sized and fully customizale collectors ship to your house for that price?

These guys are crazy.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    people who bought this game fell for the biggest gaming lie ever,lol.
    this game when it releases will look average and everyone will ask where did all the millions go to!
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    It sure does seem like a cult at this point.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Do you ridicule someone who pays as much for a high performance car part as well? A hobby is a hobby, some people have that kind of money to spend and their hobbies.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2015
    When you make that purchase fully expecting a working ship the result will be ..
    Hangar ready :maybe      Flyable :hell no

The ALPHA excuse doesn't fly when you are selling a product such as the ships.I can only imagine how that would fly in the real world,buy this car ,it is in Alpha,expect problems with your car,it might not work,might not steer and hey ..it might not have doors.However we fully expect the coffee cup holders to be fully functional in the Alpha version 2.0 of this brand new Lexus.

Thanks for your money,btw don't bother with a refund they do not have a bank account,the money is instantly gone lol,it literally flies right through their hands.I was skeptical but i could have sworn i saw some money flying through the air the other day,i am sure is was SC's backers money i saw.I tried to grab it to get it back to it's rightful owners but hat money is just so dam fast and slippery,it fell right through my hands as well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited December 2015
    At those prices I can't wait to see the pics of CIG Christmas party!
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Wizardry said:
    When you make that purchase fully expecting a working ship the result will be ..
    Hangar ready :maybe      Flyable :hell no

The ALPHA excuse doesn't fly when you are selling a product such as the ships.I can only imagine how that would fly in the real world,buy this car ,it is in Alpha,expect problems with your car,it might not work,might not steer and hey ..it might not have doors.However we fully expect the coffee cup holders to be fully functional in the Alpha version 2.0 of this brand new Lexus.

Thanks for your money,btw don't bother with a refund they do not have a bank account,the money is instantly gone lol,it literally flies right through their hands.I was skeptical but i could have sworn i saw some money flying through the air the other day,i am sure is was SC's backers money i saw.I tried to grab it to get it back to it's rightful owners but hat money is just so dam fast and slippery,it fell right through my hands as well.
    You do realize that people all over the world do this all the time, right? Wealthy people pre purchase cars all the time, some of those cars cost millions of dollars. At the time that they are signing checks or transferring funds the car they are buying is still nothing more than drawings and ideas.  

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Xeno.phon said:
    Do you ridicule someone who pays as much for a high performance car part as well? A hobby is a hobby, some people have that kind of money to spend and their hobbies.

Except those car parts fall under much more stringent guidelines and law.You are also making a definitive purchase,not some  promissory note of we "might deliver".Also they had to make those car parts or somebody did and had to pay to have them made out of their own pocket,you did not have to pay 3 years in advance for the part.
    You go to buy anything with cold hard cash,you expect to be walking out instantly with that product and a working product at that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    And investors say you can't make gamers happy.  This thread disproves that.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    With the amount of money pumped into this ponzi it borders on the need for  congressional hearings
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    edited December 2015
    Wizardry said:

Xeno.phon said:

Except those car parts fall under much more stringent guidelines and law.You are also making a definitive purchase,not some  promissory note of we "might deliver".Also they had to make those car parts or somebody did and had to pay to have them made out of their own pocket,you did not have to pay 3 years in advance for the part.
    You go to buy anything with cold hard cash,you expect to be walking out instantly with that product and a working product at that.

So you're saying that anybody who wants to invest money in any project should be legally unable to do so?  If Bill Gates get sold an idea from some guy who needs money to research a new, whatever, compression algorithm, and Bill Gates thinks the idea has promise, and is willing to fund said research with the full knowledge it may not pan out.... that he should be regulated and legally barred from doing so?

Or what about someone who commissions a piece of art, like a painting or sculpture.  It's not a finished product, its a promise of a product.  Its sold as a description of the final piece.  As long as the end result mostly resembles the promised product, then its not a problem.

Its ridiculous.  Its someone else money, as long as you can show that the person is not purposefully deceiving them, and purposely operating under false information for the sole reason of swindling them out of money, its their money to do with as they wish.

Whether the project succeeds or not is irrelevant.  At this time nothing illegal is going on, nothing untoward is going on.  Its just a bunch of people that are up in arms over how free citizens choose to spend their money.

Edit: And btw, those "stringent laws and requirements" for car parts are there for safety reasons, nothing else.  They're not regulating to make sure that the metal is polished in a particular way, or that it looks cool.  They're regulating to make sure the car part functions in the manner its intended so that someone doesn't die as a result of a shoddily manufactured car piece.

This is a video game, nobody is going to die if it doesn't release in exactly the state they "promised".

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Hrimnir said:

This is a video game, nobody is going to die if it doesn't release in exactly the state they "promised".

you 100% sure on that?
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Hrimnir said:
    Wizardry said:

Xeno.phon said:

So you're saying that anybody who wants to invest money in any project should be legally unable to do so?  If Bill Gates get sold an idea from some guy who needs money to research a new, whatever, compression algorithm, and Bill Gates thinks the idea has promise, and is willing to fund said research with the full knowledge it may not pan out.... that he should be regulated and legally barred from doing so?

Or what about someone who commissions a piece of art, like a painting or sculpture.  It's not a finished product, its a promise of a product.  Its sold as a description of the final piece.  As long as the end result mostly resembles the promised product, then its not a problem.

Its ridiculous.  Its someone else money, as long as you can show that the person is not purposefully deceiving them, and purposely operating under false information for the sole reason of swindling them out of money, its their money to do with as they wish.

Whether the project succeeds or not is irrelevant.  At this time nothing illegal is going on, nothing untoward is going on.  Its just a bunch of people that are up in arms over how free citizens choose to spend their money.

Edit: And btw, those "stringent laws and requirements" for car parts are there for safety reasons, nothing else.  They're not regulating to make sure that the metal is polished in a particular way, or that it looks cool.  They're regulating to make sure the car part functions in the manner its intended so that someone doesn't die as a result of a shoddily manufactured car piece.

You are comparing Companies with professional financial departments to private people who fell into an addiction.
    On top of that you can get your money back on preorders of car parts, sculptures etc. especially when they not deliver on time, this is not the case on digital art concepts of digital art assets from CIG.

This is a Video  game where private people are putting their furtune into, because CIG invented a method to addict their customers to buy the "harder, better, faster, stronger" ship that's new on the virtual market. Maybe you didn't yet but many others did.

Now go and enjoy the latest sale from Chris "Parker" Roberts, he is selling you a new ship bridge at the moment.

Have Fun

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Hrimnir said:

A few people on this site might die laughing, but that aside, you are probably right...
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    WAHAHAHAHAHA...

Cult is right.

"No I don't feel like buying 20 copies of Citizenetics, Mr Roberts...."

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    edited December 2015
    Hrimnir said:
    Wizardry said:

Xeno.phon said:

You are comparing Companies with professional financial departments to private people who fell into an addiction.
    On top of that you can get your money back on preorders of car parts, sculptures etc. especially when they not deliver on time, this is not the case on digital art concepts of digital art assets from CIG.

This is a Video  game where private people are putting their furtune into, because CIG invented a method to addict their customers to buy the "harder, better, faster, stronger" ship that's new on the virtual market. Maybe you didn't yet but many others did.

Now go and enjoy the latest sale from Chris "Parker" Roberts, he is selling you a new ship bridge at the moment.

Have Fun
    The average amount people have spent is $100.  Hardly a fortune.  I could personally drop that right now without batting an eyelash and i dont really make that much money.  If you're going to go that route of some kind of addiction, lets start talking about things like starbucks.  Are you gonna start whining at the people who spend 100+ a month on starbucks?  They havent even begun to touch what people have put into SC.

Hell, i bought a $37 steak at a restaurant a couple weeks ago.  100 million is a lot of money collectively, however its not a lot of money when you divide it over the 1 million people who have paid for something.

Just for the record i am not a "backer" and have not given any of my money to star citizen.  However, i can see the ridiculous arguments being made for what they are.
    Post edited by Hrimnir on

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Nah not really. 1 million accounts != 1 million backers purely because a whole host of those accounts are free-flight week accounts, forum-only accounts, duplicate accounts and so on.

The only thing we know for certain is their gross income ($100,262,288) which can be divided by the number of ships sold (841,977) and therefore an average value per ship ($120).
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    A better move to "celebrate" crossing the 100M mark would have been to give every backer a gift of some sort.

But it's pretty clear that maximizing revenues is more important than increasing goodwill.

They should remember the lessons from history of what happens when the mob turns against their messiah.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• japormsxjapormsx Member UncommonPosts: 51
    whatta christmas gift, need to spend over $1000 dollars for a virtual stuff.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    He who laugh's while at the Bank,  WINS
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Xeno.phon said:

No but if he was spending money on pictures of parts that may or may not be operational in a few years.  Then yes we would think something is really wrong here.  That analogy was really bad for the situation you know.  Although I do see some promise that a finished game will occur.  I do not see this method of fund raising ever leaving SC.  Even though they swear ships will not be for sale once the game launches.  I predict that they will find a way to do it anyways.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited December 2015
    It's amazing that people want even to argue in favor of that. I am pretty sure that a lot of these people are engineers, doctors, smart people too, at least, in their area of business.
    Played fools by an actress and a Hollywood televangelist. What a hell is happening with the human brains?

I think that some answered the question: addiction. passion, and in some cases, the own moment of life of the person is leaving, leading to be more suggestible. I am pretty sure that we all were fooled one day for a guy or a girl, or in some business, because our thirsty/passion blinding our reason, or even been stubborn when our friends/family tried to made us wake up. 

Seriously. It's a freaking joke. 2500 dollars in a virtual JPEG for a game that does not exist and there is no evidence, just hope, and also evidence of the contrary, of the capability of this team to deliver. Even if it was a fully released, ultimate game, that would be ridiculous.
    Even 100 dollars would be ridiculous in current circumstances.
    Selling capital ships while delivering a prototype that they call "foundation" and mask as something more advanced calling it "alpha 2.0", 1 year behind their initial estimate TO DELIVER THE FULL GAME, and a prototype/tech demo or something more near from that than an alpha, that simply does not support capital ships in any way or form in a MMO scenario at this point and won't be in any time soon. Barely support the empty shell that they released, full of instability, even not populated/played by a majority of the backers, with few mechanics and data going on in the network, comparatively with all that will be needed to deliver their promises.

I understand addiction/passion making people act like fools and there is no shame on that. It happens. But this is a whole new level, and with terrible impacts, no doubt, for the future of the game industry, in any case... Star Citizen been a success or been a fail.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    jcrg99 said:
    I understand addiction/passion making people act like fools
    ;-)

Have fun
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited December 2015
    Hrimnir said:
    The average amount people have spent is $100.  Hardly a fortune.  I could personally drop that right now without batting an eyelash and i dont really make that much money.  If you're going to go that route of some kind of addiction, lets start talking about things like starbucks.  Are you gonna start whining at the people who spend 100+ a month on starbucks?  They havent even begun to touch what people have put into SC.

Hell, i bought a $37 steak at a restaurant a couple weeks ago.  100 million is a lot of money collectively, however its not a lot of money when you divide it over the 1 million people who have paid for something.

Just for the record i am not a "backer" and have not given any of my money to star citizen.  However, i can see the ridiculous arguments being made for what they are.
    Star Citizens: ForumAccounts / General Accounts they don't necessarily need to have a Ship asset in their account
    UEC Fleet: Sold Ship hulls over all accounts

If you take a look at the polls and statistical data you will come to a conclusion that there are ~450.000 Accounts with at least one ship hull.

Result: More than 200$ on average per account with at least one ship hull.

People can do with their money what they want. The way RSI is milking the community is just subpar.

If they raked that money only with donations or by adding flair items to donation packs; then fine all is good. But they are selling assets that are not in the game when the game is launched (due to LTI) (and now don't say that LTI isn't worth anything > this does not change the fact).
    On top of that it seems that the value of a person in the RSI forums is directly connected with amount of money spent.

But NM Star Citizen and it's great community became a very good time spender while on programming breaks. With this level of comedy I just can't stop laughing most of the time.

TL;DR When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited December 2015
    acidblood said:
    At those prices I can't wait to see the pics of CIG Christmas party!

We all got the idea of what the Christmas party will be like.

And we know what the backers will look like once they realize.....

The pictures on the wall aren't real?

Are you onto something or just on something?