Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gender locking what do you think?

13»

Comments

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I love gender/race locking if it fits the lore. Why even have gender or different kinds of races if everybody is the same:( I swear people will complain about anything. Just might as well have char's without gender or race, just go play one of the other mmo's where nobody is different.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

Personally I do not like it at all.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    there is a difference between gender locking (which BD does for reasoning) and being lazy like TERA
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    No real interest in BD.. but to me gender locking and class/racial distinction is a GOOD thing.  I am so tired of everyone being everything.  Screw that.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    edited December 2015
    No real interest in BD.. but to me gender locking and class/racial distinction is a GOOD thing.  I am so tired of everyone being everything.  Screw that.  
    You mean everyone being one thing they want to be?

Your statement is pretty unsound sorry.   I would like to pick it apart more but generally it doesn't make any sense.   Minimal gender locking can be ok at times but it is a tool which should be done with care  (Amazons are ok for Example).  Black desert has clearly gone overboard in the wrong directions.  Most of the characters look like twins of each other its a rather insane art style for an MMO.  Gender is a major part of peoples characters which people want to personalize.  Forcing thousands of players to give into your minimalistic and boring view of the world,  at such a basic level as gender,  just for your aesthetic pleasure is insane.

Screw that.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Part of the gender lock is Asian Lore.  Giants are born from the earth, and they are all male.  Hence, the Berserker (Giant in Korea and Japan) is only a male class.  Sorceresses are Demons (both male and female) that make a pact with a human female - for some reason they don't make pacts with males - granting their power, so all Sorceresses are female.  The Warrior and Valkyrie were supposed to be different genders of essentially the same character, but somewhere along the way the Valkyries got heals and some Divine attacks.  The Blader and Puluhmb (sp?), when they release in NA, are male and female versions of Samurais, and Konouchis are female Ninjas.  They only class without a similar but opposite gender variant that could have one is the Ranger.

I would guess that if the game does well, we will see a Templar (true healer male) or a Paladin (male variant of the Valkyrie, maybe carrying a Halberd) and a Crusader (Female warrior carrying a two handed sword that is more DPS and less tank), and possibly a Bard (uses a bow and blade, but also a musical instrument) as the foile of the Ranger.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I dont mind. Anyone who thinks otherwise is overreacting.

I find it ironic that some of these guys are getting their panties in a bind over this! :D
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Rasiem said:
    I hate it because to me it limits the characters I can be, I play to BECOME my character so I don't play females. And Asian developers do this because it's how they see the different roles men and woman take in life, Its a sexist vision really. You WILL only see this in asian mmos but if someone has one that isn't post it and I will insert foot in mouth. And I actually read this somewhere here before I just can remember what post but found it very interesting. Ever wonder why Females are always a caster or bow type class lol are they not strong enough to be warriors?
    Shadowbane had Fury and Assasin locked as female only. And warlock was male only. I'm certain there's other examples of western MMO gender locking out there but I can't think of them at the moment.