Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Ghost in the Shell: First Assault - Stand Alone Complex Online | RipperX

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Ghost in the Shell: First Assault - Stand Alone Complex Online | RipperX

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    edited December 2015
    "in-game purchases will be cosmetics" >>> shows marketplace >>> only shows guns & attachments for purchased with a load of in-game cash or nexon cash.

So around 200k in-game for weapon > 300 for a win > around 667 wins to buy a gun. Didn't this F2P fps model end already... that kinda kills the fun.

Did you get to choose what you work towards on the unlocks at the end of the matches? or does it auto assign the unlocks? 
  • xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I swear I heard RipperX say at the beginning say this is not buy to win. Just like MrSyn stated the shop is filled with guns at unrealistic in-game prices. 667 wins to get a 200k gun.

Onto the gameplay and graphics....very bland and uninspired. Sounds like Nexon is just trying to cash in on the IP.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Just me or running looks same speed as walking?
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    xenorace said:
    I swear I heard RipperX say at the beginning say this is not buy to win. Just like MrSyn stated the shop is filled with guns at unrealistic in-game prices. 667 wins to get a 200k gun.

Onto the gameplay and graphics....very bland and uninspired. Sounds like Nexon is just trying to cash in on the IP.

Syn and Xeno, I specifically asked the devs if this was going to be P2W and they said it wasn't. This was also an alpha version for press, who knows how its going to work but from my understanding, all weapons will be able to be unlocked based on character levels and gameplay.
  • LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited December 2015
    nexon is the spearhead when it comes to p2w. even if it doesn't look so at first, the bitter awakening will come. their game atlantica online is my 'guilty pleasure' in mmogs. sure you can become max lvl in a year or so without spending a dime, but only if you spend a huge amount of gametime per month (~150 hr) on pure grinding. if a nexon employee tells you their games aren't p2w ... laugh at them. p2w is company policy.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    edited December 2015
    redrip said:

Syn and Xeno, I specifically asked the devs if this was going to be P2W and they said it wasn't. This was also an alpha version for press, who knows how its going to work but from my understanding, all weapons will be able to be unlocked based on character levels and gameplay.

Is your game pay to win?

Noooooo, of course it isn't.

And they'd never lie about something like that, right?
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    All GitS games seem to be awful and it's a huge shame. The series deserves a game like like Deux Ex, not a F2P shooter by Nexon.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Lanfea said:
    nexon is the spearhead when it comes to p2w. even if it doesn't look so at first, the bitter awakening will come. their game atlantica online is my 'guilty pleasure' in mmogs. sure you can become max lvl in a year or so without spending a dime, but only if you spend a huge amount of gametime per month (~150 hr) on pure grinding. if a nexon employee tells you their games aren't p2w ... laugh at them. p2w is company policy.

We always seem to be having a top 5 ....something or others....list

How about a top 5 P2W company list

Nexon - already listed
    I'll add Cryptic

Next one please
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Since i was busy listening to the Undertale OST, i had the video muted, but from what i've seen it looks rather generic.

Either play TF2, Battlefield etc, or if you really look for a cyberpunk setting, take a look at games (mods) like Dystopia or even NeoTokyo.

There's also single player games like Syndicate (though the new one is rather bad from what i gathered) or Deus Ex.

About Nexon being P2W: They sure love it, but it's not like they are alone in there. Or even the worst. I only played on game from Nexon and one from Crpytics, so maybe i just choose the "wrong" ones, but Vindictus (Europe) is worlds apart from Neverwinter.

I bought some inner armor (so underwear) in Vindictus, but didn't spend anything on runes or so. I managed to get nearly everything maxed out. Heck, i was probably within the top 5% or higher, and all of the missing stuff together would at best allow me to survive one additional hit, or to need one hit less to kill a raid boss. It was on fast track to meet up with Neverwinter, because the win chances for events got more and more hilarious and obviously manipulated, but you still got some useful stuff every now and then.

In Neverwinter you need ZEN (either directly or to open enough lockboxes etc.) to buy the rarer mounts, who are not only faster, but also allow you to take more hits before being dismounted. In PVE, getting dismounted is annoying, in PVP, while not being *the* deciding factor, it sure helps if you can e.g. capture the points faster by simply outrunning the enemy. And when it comes to whether you arrive at a fight in time, or if you manage to meet up with your team mates with enemies hot on your heels..

You can also not sell most of the items that are actually worth something because they get bound by most methods of acquiring them. All that shiny loot..worthless. Heck, i think it was easier getting full max equip in Vindictus than getting a single piece maxed out in Neverwinter.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Pretty much just adding another CS clone.Exact same layout
    Graphics are bland low end non colorful.

watching people play these incl CSGO everyone runs off on their own,no teamwork.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Pass...
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2015
    i just see here another generic F2P shooter with a GITS skin and ready to milk the steam cows to oblivion like Nexon is famous for doing.

Ill pass...

It would be nice if a good company made a GITS game.

Like someone above said, Nexon is just cashing in on the IP.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Started playing the beta and I have to say that I am disappointed, feels like I'm playing CoD (and the likes) with a GitS skin. :(

Cheers.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    *necro old topic*

Right now on sale on Steam till the 18th. I am kinda hyped to buy it, but being published by Nexon cools down hype a lot though QQ