Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did I miss something ?

kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
I used to play EVE a few years ago. (2006 - 2011)  So, being a masochist :) I thought I would return.  I decided to do the free trial before going back with my old account just to see what changes where made.  I noticed that the tutorial  did not seem to be as good as it used to be.  In the "old days"  as you went through it you were given a few ships to use.  Now you seem to be stuck with the Velator when you finish training.

It seems to me that would make it harder on new players.  Did I miss something or does EVE throw new players to the wolves now with less equipment ??

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    New player's are amusement and prey.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    Elsabolts said:
    New player's are amusement and prey.
    Well that is the way it has always been, but the training also seems to be very poor compared to what it used to be.

They are bleeding folks to ED and SC

MAGA
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Was thinking about going back as well and just starting fresh, but seems like it might be a time waster.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You start with a bunch of skills already installed.  Now you just press f12 and do the career missions and they teach you the basics and give you ships to fly.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    CCP seems to be a ship with no captain...

However, the core of the game is still somewhat there.
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    filmoret said:
    You start with a bunch of skills already installed.  Now you just press f12 and do the career missions and they teach you the basics and give you ships to fly.
    Really ??  How does a new player know to do that.

You are offered help and after awhile you will be done away with hopeing you get upset and quit

MAGA
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    kb4blu said:
    filmoret said:
    the new player channel has about 5k people who are always saying it.  It's hard to go 5 minutes without someone saying it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    kb4blu said:
    filmoret said:
    If you just want free ships and skillbooks then just join Pandemic Horde and as a plus you get the best tutorial to EVE, actual PvP experience in fleets led by great commanders.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    So many ways to get training in EVE outside of the built in tutorial, take advantage of them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Elsabolts said:

They are bleeding folks to ED and SC

Absolutely, because both of those are full featured, released MMORPGs centered around. PVP core.

Oh wait....they're not. My guess more are in Ark Survival, much closer parallel.  My alliance runs their own server.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    kb4blu said:
    filmoret said:
    Is Aura removed? If not then once you get your first ship game leads you right towards here and set of tutorial missions.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    kb4blu said:
    filmoret said:
    Is Aura removed? If not then once you get your first ship game leads you right towards here and set of tutorial missions.
    The tutorial starts automatically, you actually have to disable it to prevent it, so its impossible to not know about them, the tutorials are a lot better these days than when i first started (feb 2004) your no longer dropped in the deep end and told to swim for it.