Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much does TESO cost now?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
I heard they dropped sub and went b2p.  If that is so I might buy in.  How much is it?

Comments

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Varies,  25-30 bucks for base game on sale, imperial edition is more.

If you wait a couple days i bet there will be a christmas sale on GMG or Steam  or they may even have one at their own site http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home somewhere.

Christmas sales usually best deals of the year on steam, not sure on GMG so much. But look at that link and see where they say to buy from. Not all on-line places are good, some deal in stolen/fake key's and they have canceled them for people in the past.

Amazon, GMG, steam, walmart, gamestop, best buy  are all good i would think. not sure of  any others.
  • ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Is it worth playing? I'm intensely bored.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Is it worth playing? I'm intensely bored.
    It is like everything else...some love it and some hate it.

Sounds like people that like questing a lot will like it. And maybe the pvp crowd will talk about that part of game i have no knowledge of the pvp.

I played it a couple hours on the free play weekend. I am planning on buying it on sale soon to give it a real try. I would not spend full price for it though, but that is just me. 

Go to https://www.youtube.com/ type in elder scrolls on line gameplay and browse around a bit, see if it looks interesting to you. About the best advice i can give.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    First rule of gaming: Never buy a game just because you're bored. Buy games that are good, which TESO is not. Don't buy into the hype, TESO is terrible by Elder Scroll standards. It's just good by 2015 MMO standards, which are beyond low atm.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Got it.  Watch Steam before Christmas while shoving red hot poker in eyes.  Good advice!  *grinning*

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I almost bought it at full price man alive am i glad i held onto my gut instinct,the game is far worse than i would have imagined.
    That advice is definitely 100% solid advice...NEVER buy games when bored.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I love this game, it's probably second most played per week right now behind Guild Wars 2.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    i buy teso cuz im bored of gw2 and archeage....not a bad game, pvp still need some improvement, no cho cho train like gw2
  • MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72
    It seems the standard edition is pretty cheap on ESOs own account page as Brenics said. Standard retailers seem to be more expensive in general.
    Also some 3rd party sites sell keys as low as $15.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    edited December 2015
    I still love it.

I'm a pve quest player. I can't speak of the pvp any.

And yes, the sub is optional.
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Started playing the game 2 months ago.  I think the game is great.
    I like MMO grouping.  More grouping as you gain higher levels.  More solo/questing early, with more grouping later. Solo later is definantly an option if you want.
    All zones feel busy, including starter zones.
    They scale or equalize hit points in group dungeons to the dungeon level, so lower levels will have similar HP/Mana as higher levels so they can all group together. So many of the Dungeons become very challenging and tactical the higher level you become.
    All classes are needed and useful, no real standout best classes.

I haven't done any PVP zones yet, so no idea the state of PVP.  I hear you can be viable at PVP at all levels.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I wouldn't have a problem shelling out the money it's just that on the official site it says it runs for Win7 or above but if you go to buy it the sellers say it can run on Windows Vista.  I have Vista.  I don't want to spend the money and find out it doesn't run on my OS.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I wouldn't have a problem shelling out the money it's just that on the official site it says it runs for Win7 or above but if you go to buy it the sellers say it can run on Windows Vista.  I have Vista.  I don't want to spend the money and find out it doesn't run on my OS.
    So upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You should see an icon in tray for you to do that.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    First rule of gaming: Never buy a game just because you're bored. Buy games that are good, which TESO is not. Don't buy into the hype, TESO is terrible by Elder Scroll standards. It's just good by 2015 MMO standards, which are beyond low atm.

I would say an important rule of life:   You should never get bored.
    Too many things you can do right now...
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Brenics said:
    So upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You should see an icon in tray for you to do that.
    Vista doesn't get the free upgrade only 7 and 8.
    On topic the game is great if you like pve and questing (didn't really try the pvp so far myself since im more of a pve guy) it has some of the best written quests i've seen so far in an MMO it's definitely as good as the single player elder scrolls games.
    Dungeons are very nice as well.
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    edited December 2015
    It's skyrim, greatly diluted by world of warcraft. If you want to know if you'll like/hate it, ask yourself if that first sentence sounded good or bad to you and you'll have a general idea.

My personal opinion of it was that it was "meh", not the worst mmo I've played by a ways, but nothing special whatsoever. I think I played to level 30 or so before I was too bored of it to keep playing.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kazuhiro said:
    It's skyrim, greatly diluted by world of warcraft. If you want to know if you'll like/hate it, ask yourself if that first sentence sounded good or bad to you and you'll have a general idea.

My personal opinion of it was that it was "meh", not the worst mmo I've played by a ways, but nothing special whatsoever. I think I played to level 30 or so before I was too bored of it to keep playing.
    Its nothing like Skyrim, the combat in the game, particularly the magic is completely different, buying into TESO and expecting to get an experience like Skyrim is just going to lead to disappointment. TESO is a game unlike any other game in the Elder Scrolls franchise, that much at least has been established by now. If players go into the game with an open mind and not expect it to be like other games in the franchise, then they are far less likely to be disappointed.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Kazuhiro said:

lol it's not really that similar to warcraft at all. combat is totally different and it's far more skill based than warcraft as well. your build isn't just handed over to you premade, you have to figure out your build on your own and there are a lot of them.

yes it has questing but guess what? so did skyrim *gasp*
  • ZombaisZombais Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Ive seen a lot of people play and hate it. I like it, but I like doing a lot of the PVE and play pretty casual. I find the PvE questing to be pretty good, especially if you like listening to the stories (if you skip dialog it will be the same as everything else, go here kill that, return there, pick this up, etc) but listening to the NPCs and things I find myself getting into it more and following along with the different story arks through the zones and seeing different NPCs as they progress through them too.

I like the range of build options, where you can try out some really weird options that may or may not work.

I don't really PvP much, but some of the castle sieges I've done have been fun if you get into a good group. I'm sure if I was in a PvP guild that end would be better, but right now its a meh for me. But its probably because I haven't put enough time into it to figure it all out.

And like the others have said, its not Skyrim. It has some illusions of that, but it is very much not that. Any level based game like this won't have the same free roaming ability, they try here but it still ends up just being quests hidden around the zone instead of all starting in the town.

They do seem to be adding content pretty quick as well (the only thing worth buying in the store really)

For me I find it strikes a good balance for something I can play casually.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    On this i bought it about  a month ago, and so far just gotten to mid 20s level, i will not say its bad, since i played in CB it has greatly improved, the twitch combat can be hit or miss for some, but what i will say, i enjoy it, however, i dont find myself thinking "i need to log into game", 
    I woudl say its probably a game to own and just log in /out when you fancy a few hours of simple MMO, but for a main game it doesn't work for me, like now im debating whether to log in that or log into Fall out 4, any mmo that you really want to play should be just that, and this isn't
    Not saying its a bad game, but its not exceptional full on fun... (not yet anyway)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy