Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best of 2015 a Awards at MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    I agree with the most but ESO? No just No

I PLayed both WIldstar and ESO from the very first day of their release, both didnt match their hype

But ESO was defenetly worse, insanely many bugs(that messed up with the story line-- failed multy guilds feature--only the craft system looked solid)

WIldstar was innnovative in terms of game-play enjoyable characters and path system, funny implementation of lore. Cons was the messed up PvP and the huge lack of content after u hit 50.

THat being said i enjoyed WIldstar way more than ESO, but in general terms both dissapointed,(and lets not forget ESO's price...jeez my wallet sill hurts)
  • subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    emota said:
    The worst year in mmo history

'i would say the most l''let down'' year considering the hype around the releases
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    well based  in mmo options 
    can be! 
  • ncbwilsonncbwilson Member UncommonPosts: 11
    The only reason I would downvote ESO is the sheer size of the install. ~43G on my SSD is no beueno.
    I'm currently playing Archeage again and having fun, plan to go pirate soon.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    It seems most anticipated features more heavily every year, but ESO as best MMO is a fine choice. Transistor was a decent game but nothing special.
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Good read, good list.
  • TheInfinitoriumTheInfinitorium Member CommonPosts: 2
    Major ESO fan here. They really deserved being best. Quarterly Expansion DLC, Constant Standard of Living Improvements, They truly DO listen to their fan base suggestions. I enjoy this game so much that I have devoted myself to the maxing out of 6 characters across three factions just so I can create a cross faction guild dedicated to RP and end game content. I figure it will take me a year to complete my objective before I even start recruiting for the guild but this game deserves that level of playing.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    blueturtle13 said:
    Great list. Though I personally did not like Witcher 3 I can understand why it won best RPG. I agree that ESO was the game of 2015. Though I have to throw a nod to my loved EQ2 as well. I am enjoying the new xpac. Since I bought ESO for my Xbox One I have found that I am playing it more than I did on my PC. Made for a controller. Very excited for the new Mass Effect!

I agree.. I was very disappointed with the game on PC but am having a good time on the X Box...

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• mmorpgolstimermmorpgolstimer Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited December 2015

sorry to disapoint you but half these game are cheap spin offs from wow and everquest . and most of them took the stupid ath AKA pay to win. and some of them have the worst Customer service ever made.
    i'll take mmorpgs last years winner: The Elders Scribble Onslaught, Tamriel Underlimited.
    i'll give it it's pros and con,

great story line tho redundant since the story line is the same no matther the faction you choose and faction war has yet to be implemented.

beautiful land scape and graphics tho Bethesda and zenimax AKA bethamax could have done a better job at fixing the graphics so we dont end up going through them when knocked back and end up being forced to spend 130 gold to be removed from the graphics.

4 decent classes and all versatile, yet they basicly have nearly all the same build and gear set up.

good population number, that is until you complete the game and fall into silver and gold Caldwell storyline then if you see 10 players per week in those zones you're Lucky.

3 different game play: pay per month aka subscription, buy to play and pay to win. each one has a various cost and benefits Bethesda and zenimax alot. with the upcoming 35$ in january for the assassin guild progression and 35$ in march for thief guild that will make Bethesda and zenimax earn around ... 100$ for the box and first month of sub + 20$ per month for new players or 70$ for the box and no content for buy to play players and finally but not least , the money make of TESOU: pay to win where the new players will spend well over 400$ in content, mounts, bag space, bank space, training crafting styles that will become irrelevant after 2 months since they always have new pay to win content for 30$ avg price every 2 months.

the PVP is decent IF you previously purchased orsinium and imperial city, for an additionnal 55$ or if you have a sub for 4 months and buy them with crown rewards and drop the sub afterward, otherwise you will en up in a ultra huge zone with 30 players at best in the whole 3 faction pvp war that looks horribly like RF online ( old pay to win north korean  mmorpg from the early 2000) and you cant make a twink in this game since killing players gives you leveling exp so making a level 49 with the best available gears for that level is a no way.

and last BUT not least our very best: Customer service. it's by far the worst Customer i've seen in 20 years of mmorpg and im going way back: ultima online when you had to camp in a wall of fire for 2 hours to get 1% fire resist increase. TESOU's Customer serice is by far the most horrible and incompetent ever created. it is NEVER their fault ALWAYS the customers fault. the game has bug don't report them close your eyes and pretend it's a bad dream because it's your fault if there is a bug where you found one, you went through the graphic on a Knock back hit from a monster? it's your fault if you got knocked through a graphic glitch, you found a ressource nod or plant that can't be harvested it's your fault if the ressource is bugged. you found a quest that is bugged and leads you to run in circles for hours until you hit Google or YouTube to see that the quest goes somewhere esle? its your fault not theirs. and thats for pc. if you have xbox or ps4 iw oudl love to see the kind of reasons they give you.

I play on PC and that's the kind of answer i am given when i find something thats is either glitched or bugged, i admit they fixed alot of them but most of us are still waiting for a mailbox that wont force you to log out and log in.

Hello,

We are aware that certain NPCs are invisible for some console players. In order to power cycle their console, we recommend that Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players try the following steps.

To power cycle an Xbox One:

1.Go to the Home screen.
    2.Press the [Menu] button on the controller.
    3.Select Settings.
    4.Go to Power & startup.
    5.Select Turn Xbox Off.
    6.Select Yes to power down the console.
    7.Turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox button] on the console or the [Xbox button] on the controller.

BROKEN TROPHY reward level 50 @ vr3

Subject

items is not functionnal as a trophy since i dont meet the required level even at VR3 and the item is level 50 is there a way to fix this?

Response By Email (Christie) (10/28/2015 07:27 AM)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team with your feedback! We are genuinely interested in your opinion and what you think about The Elder Scrolls Online.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited January 2016
    emota said:
    The worst year in mmo history

Not even close to being as bad as 2005 for me...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NausixNausix Member CommonPosts: 1
    I can't say i'm totally ok with the list, there is some major game missing, like ArcheAge? I totally thing that game should be placed before SWTOR, though SWTOR has a pretty nice story line, which we do not find in every MMO.

In despite of that, I think that's probably the most neutral list out there. There are some details about the criteria used to rate the games and the choices are still pretty solid in the sense "If you play it you should like it, even if it's not your favorite game".

That said, great job and thanks.
  • TheInfinitoriumTheInfinitorium Member CommonPosts: 2
    Okay yes I am an Elder Scrolls Online Fan but I do need to defend my favorite game made thus far. The creation of the characters and what they are capable of doing is NOT one sided. Your skill sets go beyond just your character skills. The game rewards those who explore the land and pay attention to the game mechanics and dynamics. There are Mundus Stones that increase character abilities when coupled with specific crafting skills it increases ability effects greatly. There are special crafting stations that also increase ability effects as well as granting some special abilities. There are world skills that when explored such as werewolf and vampire skills they change your character skills regen and usages. There are skills that can only be leveled in PvP that have uses in PvE. Then there are guild skills which also give greater effects with your character skills, and they are adding two more guilds in the next two quarters. Armor has three basic types light, medium, and heavy, however it goes beyond that with the crafting skills because both traits and enchantments can be added to that armor to give it further specialization. Each class has skill lines that basically provide them with the ability to Tank, Heal, and DPS.  The holy trinity that most gamers stick with but it goes far beyond those 3 with all the access to the other skill sets and modifiers. I know most gamers are not used to having so many options, but to fully appreciate the game you have to fully explore the game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Rhoklaw said:
    DMKano said:

Ledrir said:
    I am looking forward to Camelot Unchained.  I hope the Citystate devs will understand that there are alot of players looking for a game that enourages community and cooperation.  Realm vs Realm should be the goal instead of hardcore pvp matches.  

While I agree with you - in the end RvR is an endless PvP match as nobody really wins - just an endless back and forth shuffle of keeps castles changing hands.

Games with a decisive winning team and end to a match have a lot of appeal in their own right.

Actually, this is one of the reasons I enjoyed playing WW2 Online so much. Granted, once a victor was announced, the map would reset and you would start over.
    One of the reasons I spent most of my time playing DAOC on the FFA PVP server is guilds staked claims to specific keeps and towers, and defended them against all challengers.  If we lost we didnt rest until we took it back.

Far more interesting to me than normal RVR.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Horusra said:
    Kyleran said:
    Too bad the list wasn't for MMORPGs, perhaps then EVE might have been mentioned.
    Nah.
    Ah, my little shadow, good to see you'll still be around to hate on EVE.  :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Cz_l_AryaStarkCz_l_AryaStark Member CommonPosts: 1
    Nice to see there are no games by snail games on here. The graphics aren't bad on their games but gameplay and storyline are stale. The worst thing about them is I've never known a company (gaming or otherwise) that have had so many complaints and have had to have so many people refunded for their purchases.
    That are an evil immoral company.
  • SammybonesSammybones Member UncommonPosts: 18
    ESO is by far one of my favorite mmos out there, I love the graphics for an MMO aswell. If you arent satisfied with the graphics either theres a mod to improve the graphics greatly aswell!
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer-2/ Do give it a try, once you apply the new graphics theres no going back to the old graphics, and it boosts my immersion even further!