Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Razer Naga Chroma Mouse - TheHiveLeader

2»

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited December 2015
    Velocinox said:
    Viper482 said:
    Why not review quality/affordable ones like RedDragon?
    The company name isn't RedDragon, that would make sense to a native English speaker. it's ReDragon... Which means when you get a Dragon as a gift and you don't like it and then send it to someone else as a gift, you are ReDragoning.

(and more on topic, if they can't keep their website running, I'm not buying computer peripherals from them.)
    I love my "ReDragon" mouse, would put it up against any $100+ mouse any day. Your loss if you judge the quality of a mouse based on how their website runs. I will listen to the 4.5 star rating with over 1700 reviews over that any day.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • tomacontomacon Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I've never owned a RedDragon but I do own a Razer Naga 2012. The mouse is totally worth it. I've never had to adjust the DPI setting. it's perfectly weighted and I love the fact that it allows me to change the side of it to fit my oversized lengthy hands. 17 buttons in total and I use everyone of them and it's never given me a inch of crap. I love this mouse so I say they are note worthy.
  • ZulikaZulika Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I have a naga and a g600 and I switch between them some.
    I find the side buttons on the g600 easier to use, I am more accurate with them, and I like the extra 3rd click button. I wish they made a left handed one as I also switch between using mice with both hands.
    I may pick up a left handed naga to try out. I am not sure any other left handed MMO mice are out there, but props to them for not ignoring the lefties.
  • KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited December 2015
    Kaneth said:
    I've had my current naga for two years now, no issues. The double click issue is dust getting under the buttons, canned air or even just blowing into it fixes the problem. The gap between the mouse and the button itself seems abnormally large for a mouse, which is probably the root of the issue.

I've had good luck with my Razer products over the years, but I seem to be the outlier and not the norm...or I am not overly violent with my peripherals :P
    Dust huh? Well I'm currently using, and loving, a G600, but I might blow out my Naga since I stopped using it because of the click issue.

*edited to fix quote HTML*
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55

Must be nice blabbing about video games and free gear showing up on the porch eh

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    I guess I'm lucky, I've had my Naga and Lycosa since February 2010, no problems at all.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited December 2015
    I've had 2 Nagas now and both broke on me, first one the scroll wheel went nuts after six months (randomly scrolling up and down every time you touch it) and the second one flat out died after a month, won't be going back to Razer anytime soon.

The G600 is a much better mouse and I like it a lot, but it's too wide for how I hold a mouse (claw grip) my hand starts to ache after an hour of using it.

Been thinking about getting Corsair's Scimitar, looks like it's the same size as the Naga, but hopefully more reliable.
  • MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    I had two naga's - the first one started having an unresponsive mouse button after 10 months.
    The second one ended up having the exact same issue, just at the 4 month mark, probably not going to get another one from Razer - Got a G600 now which I've had for a few years, with no problems at all so far.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited December 2015
    tomacon said:
    I've never owned a RedDragon but I do own a Razer Naga 2012. The mouse is totally worth it. I've never had to adjust the DPI setting. it's perfectly weighted and I love the fact that it allows me to change the side of it to fit my oversized lengthy hands. 17 buttons in total and I use everyone of them and it's never given me a inch of crap. I love this mouse so I say they are note worthy.

allow to change the side? never had a naga , but interested in this , since my hands are big :P and this little buttons ugh...i probably press half of them
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    Po_gg said:
    Scot said:
    Naga are the MMO mouse, ...
    Odd, I thought that's the G600. :wink: 

Logitech for the keyboard, but not the mouse. :D
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    edited December 2015
    Scot said:
    Good to see more equipment reviews, but do we need video clickbait? I could have read that review in less than a minute, instead had to sit through 2mins 57secs.

Naga are the MMO mouse, not essential, but darn useful to have.
    I don't do written :-)

Come on, you have a script, just post that. :)
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    CalmOceans said:
    My experience with non-Logitech brands like Razer and Roccat has been terrible. After a few drops those mice stop working.

Unless the reliability of other brands increases, I refuse to buy anything other than Logitech. I have a $400 collection of dead mice in behind my table, on my table I have a Logitech G600, that has been dropped probably over 20 times on the floor, without a scratch, working perfectly. Every time I try another brand, the mice break within a few months. I'll pass.

I had a mx518 or whatever for 8 years before it stopped working, well it was only the scroll wheel that broke, so i bought a new mouse, logitech again ofcourse, took about six months before i start getting issues, double clicks, cursor getting stuck and draging in different directions occasionally. It got worse and worse so i got a new one, same shit but even sooner. Said fuck it with logitech and got a roccat kone xtd due to a friend recommendation, been working fine for over a year now with no issues.

Also I never drop my mice.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Good to see more equipment reviews, but do we need video clickbait? I could have read that review in less than a minute, instead had to sit through 2mins 57secs.

Naga are the MMO mouse, not essential, but darn useful to have.
    I don't do written :-)

Come on, you have a script, just post that. :)
    Oh, my scripts TOTALLY don't work as written pieces :-) I promise you that. They look like complete gibberish.
  • BulletToothBulletTooth Member UncommonPosts: 30

The Chroma seems like it will be a cool replacement for my Naga when/if it breaks. I do not understand all the hate on the Naga. Maybe it's because it's trendy to hate on the big name brands, you know gaming/computer hipsters and the like. I have had My Naga for 5 years and had no issues, it still works and lights up better than most mice out there. I also have a Naga hex which I have had for maybe about 4 years and it is great too. 

As for the G600 it is also a phenomenal mouse. It performs as well if not slightly better than the naga, the only problem is how it feels in my hand. This is a personal issue as my hands are long and flat and I just do not like how it feels in my palm, it is a great product though.

Either way I have had all these mice for a while all of them have been used pretty hard and they all run great just like the day I bought them.

My recommendation to anyone is to try each mouse out and pick the one you like most. Some people may complain that a certain mouse breaks to easy I have heard it about all the mice I own and have had them all for years. Maybe some people are too hard on them.

I have never tried a ReDragon but after looking at it and reading reviews I am very interested. I think I will give it a try, especially because of the price.  
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Viper482 said:
    Velocinox said:
    Viper482 said:
    Why not review quality/affordable ones like RedDragon?
    The company name isn't RedDragon, that would make sense to a native English speaker. it's ReDragon... Which means when you get a Dragon as a gift and you don't like it and then send it to someone else as a gift, you are ReDragoning.

(and more on topic, if they can't keep their website running, I'm not buying computer peripherals from them.)
    I love my "ReDragon" mouse, would put it up against any $100+ mouse any day. Your loss if you judge the quality of a mouse based on how their website runs. I will listen to the 4.5 star rating with over 1700 reviews over that any day.
    Hey, as long as the trains run on time... right?

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited December 2015
    G600 is still my fav ... and I used a Naga far longer. I like the lay out of the new Naga buttons better because the G600's only failing is having the 12 buttons in groups of 6 as if independent of each other. Terrible design. I have to move my thumb forward to use 6 at a time instead of access to all 12 which I can easily do once used to it. Although it seems made for ESO which I am currently playing with 6 powers per weapon so this issue isn't a big deal atm.

The slick mention right away removes the Naga from my choice but also the G600's 3rd click button is amazing once used to it. At first I'd hit it by mistake and mess things up so rarely mapped. It I know used my 3rd finger lightly on it without thinking and can't live without it.

Coloured lights? Fuck them. Pointless and I always turn them off. They are the first thing to burn out too.

I have no idea how large this new Naga is but the older one was always too small for my hands which is my Logitech has forever been the "grown ups" mouse.

If G600 corrected their side button layouts it would be the perfect mouse. Even so I learned to live with it and Naga falls to a second choice. Also my Naga died (I babied that thing! It worked and next time I turned my comp on it didn't. Wtf?) and I haven't once had a Logitech die on me (other than my own fault ... tripped over my cord and broke one. Blah). I have zero confidence in Razer products and considering so many say the same you should really take seriously consideration in this.

You stay sassy!

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Well... it is good mouse, overpriced ofcourse. Extra buttons are only good for casuals though, if you are going for perfection you should never use extra buttons on a mouse, it's bad for precision and while you are using buttons on your mouse ur left hand(if you use mouse with ur right) is there doing nothing, it is more efficient to use as few buttons on mouse as possible.. There is always enough buttons on keyboard and once you learn to use it properly it is superior to using extra mouse buttons.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited December 2015
    Tyrantas said:
    Well... it is good mouse, overpriced ofcourse. Extra buttons are only good for casuals though, if you are going for perfection you should never use extra buttons on a mouse, it's bad for precision and while you are using buttons on your mouse ur left hand(if you use mouse with ur right) is there doing nothing, it is more efficient to use as few buttons on mouse as possible.. There is always enough buttons on keyboard and once you learn to use it properly it is superior to using extra mouse buttons.

It depends on the game. The mmo mouse was invented for a reason based on specific mmos: Those with tons of abilities and typically non-action games. Even so I do not agree with you for the most part. The challenge is adapting to these mice. It takes a very long time to become completely familiar with their use. Most won't even bother to try or get that far. What is does is free the buttons you once used on the keyboard for other things like UI which makes the game even more enjoyable and easy.

You sound as if you are strictly talking about action or twitch games ... there is a reason why this is called an mmo mouse. They are not meant for twitch. They are designed to grant quicker and easier access to abilities and not for better and more precise aiming. That is where you gain your advantage.

You stay sassy!

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I have used a Deathadder for a long time; great mouse. Not a big fan of the Synapse software though. Recently picked up a Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse and am pretty impressed... I don't use the MMO mice because my big troll hands mash the little buttons...

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My lord that mouse is awful,i wouldn't use that if given to me for free.
    I already don't like how the mice removed the middle mouse button fro a scroll then all i want is one added button on the side not 12 lmao wtf seriously 12?

As you can also see the gripping wasn't just tough because of the material,the mouse is TOO skinny.I assume that is because they tested the 12 buttons with a better wider gamer mouse and the buttons are then tougher to use,so imo it is trying to do too much but accomplishing nothing good.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.