Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta 1 Key Giveaway! - Black Desert Online News

123457»

Comments

• venomous41venomous41 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    i hate to ask this, but i found out about this too late, and have been looking forward to trying this great looking game. anyone by chance have a spare key they would be willing to share. i will repay the favor.
  • VathikVathik Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Same guys looking for a spare key if anyone is kind enough to part with one. Thank you very much!
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Thanks to the Admin who checked the keys thing. It was just too much of a coincidence that the keys went ran out fast, and they seemed to be posted on EBay just as fast.

Good luck to all those that got a key! Enjoy the game!
  • LtJunoLtJuno Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Yeah, it's a shame. Seeing keys for sale on websites all over the places, including Ebay and Amazon. 
    Dang botters.
  • lemonhead78lemonhead78 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited December 2015
    Were the next batch of keys just added to this post. I have been refreshing the main page all last night and this morning. The last Admin post stated that they would go out in 45 minutes. That was last night. Did I miss the second batch too? I totally thought that it would be a new post. Ugh..... :-(
    Post edited by lemonhead78 on
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Why would anyone buy into a closed beta for more money than the actual game costs when:

1.  There will only be 2 very short closed betas (because the game is in fact, done);
    2.  The game launches first quarter next year (probably as early as February).

I never understood why people want to play a game in what is essentially a fishbowl environment... the true game environment only reveals itself when it officially goes live to the masses.  Remember ArcheAge... people loved the fishbowl... hated the actual game... spent a small fortune to play a game for a very limited time.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Pepeq said:
    Why would anyone buy into a closed beta for more money than the actual game costs when:

1.  There will only be 2 very short closed betas (because the game is in fact, done);

I never understood why people want to play a game in what is essentially a fishbowl environment... the true game environment only reveals itself when it officially goes live to the masses.  Remember ArcheAge... people loved the fishbowl... hated the actual game... spent a small fortune to play a game for a very limited time.
    The game costs $30-$100, keys typically go for $10. What are you talking about?
  • zig4samuraizig4samurai Member CommonPosts: 1
    Is there gonna be any new batch of keys ?
  • ToranamiToranami Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Anyone have an extra key? I keep missing all the giveaways!! :(
    All the keys are getting taken by bots... so many for sale on ebay.. its ridiculous~!
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Leiloni said:
    Pepeq said:

The game costs $30-$100, keys typically go for $10. What are you talking about?
    What are you talking about... I merely noted that paying for a *package* now just to get into a CBT is silly.  This thread may be asking about keys... but they've mentioned the pre-order packages herein which includes CBT access.  

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

Wait until February and $30 gets you the actual game (bumps, bruises, and wrinkles revealed).

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Kind of sad that even though I am in CB1, I won't be able to play it due to finals :(

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I just signed up at the Black Desert website around 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I got a beta key from them. So if you can't get it here, they are sending out invites also (and I won't put money into an alpha package ever again, thanks Archeage..)
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Just wanted to say thanks to Admin and everyone else.  It's great to hear that you listened to feedback, got more keys, and then distributed them!  I only hope people who got them use them.  

Gaming companies track that kinda thing.
  • ruwinekoruwineko Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Got a key but I realized that I am from Asia. Is there an IP Block? I wouldn't want to waste my time downloading the game just to find out that I am blocked later on. And yes, I haven't used my key yet.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    ruwineko said:
    Got a key but I realized that I am from Asia. Is there an IP Block? I wouldn't want to waste my time downloading the game just to find out that I am blocked later on. And yes, I haven't used my key yet.
    Yup, there's an IP block.

Daum Games Europe (publisher) has licensed Black Desert Online from Pearl Abyss (the developer) for North America (US, Canada and Mexico), Europe (excluding Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Estonia, Ukraine and Turkey) and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand and all surrounding Islands), as well as all oversea territories of the afore mentioned countries. For more details about our service area, please refer to the Terms of Service / Terms of Use. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Why pay for a key when you can wait for an open beta to try the game?  Plus it will be a more finalized version.  What's the hurry?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Why pay for a key when you can wait for an open beta to try the game?  Plus it will be a more finalized version.  What's the hurry?
    There will be no open beta.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    edited December 2015
    I believe they have already stated that there will not be an open beta.

• +
      Do you plan on having any open-test phases (open beta) for Black Desert Online?
      There will be no open beta for Black Desert Online.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    What I did, look at the fb page for black desert treasure hunt winners, pick one try to make its nickname, printscreen it make it small so you can only see the winners and the name from who you pick!

Go 2 http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/2398-treasure-hunt-winners/

PM CM_Jouska

And have a key, alot didnt know they must do this!

• kenshinoxikenshinoxi Member UncommonPosts: 1
    ruwineko said:
    don't wanna sound like a jerk, but can I have your key?