Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC Version 2.0.0 LIVE today!

13»

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

So it starts.
    The only thing I see "starting" in this post is the eleventymillionth attempt to create controversy about SC, lol
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Brenics said:
    I understand wanting a game to be made and I also understand being excited about it. But I do not understand why any comments that do not support the game is shot down in any way possible. It is scary after how much money has been raised for this game and it isn't even close to being finished. It could take anywhere from 150 to 300 million more to get to that point if it even can be done.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/303390/well-now-for-my-opinion-on-2-0-again 

Sad to see any type of comments made about this game that don't fit a positive result is fought with attacks to that person. If all people do is say the game is great and discussions are shot down that disagree with those comments isn't going to end up having a good game. This really should concern everyone on both sides.

But of course attacks will continue and any rational thoughts will be stifled.  
    You could be right or wrong on this. Cause lets be honest myself or you do not have the slightest clue how much more it is going to cost and we do not have the slighest clue how much money they have in the coffers at this time. They could have all the money they need to finish the game and could close sells & donations tomorrow and still be able to finish the game.

Looking at 2.0 from a dev standpoint what I see is the foundations of everything needed to achive what they originaly set out to achive. You now have the ability to walk around on stations and ships and for that matter planets. You have the first/third person shooter elements all there and working. You have the space ship flying game foundation fully working.

There still is a good amount of work and polish but what I see if all the foundations of what they where setting out to accoumplish. Not it's just a matter of asset creation, polishing up the parts and filling in the last bits of the missing puzzle.

I am fairly excited to see how it all turns out in the end. What they are pulling off could be something truely pushing to the next gen in terms of gameplay.  I can not think of many fps/tps games where you can be involved in a massive space battle (battleing ships on ships and at the same time have fps shooter battles inside said ships all going on at the same time) I can imagine a 20 on 20 space battle breaking out and at the same time on the ships the players are also battling trying to take over the larger ships via fps style combat all while the ships flying about shooting and stuff.

Now the real test is going to be when they start to push up the multiplayer spaces to higher numbers and we see what the lag situation is like.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited December 2015
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

So it starts.

Interesting because I saw this screenshot which is from the end of October this year that says the same, didn't think much of it because it's Disco Lando saying it http://i.imgur.com/xrKhZHk.jpg

Would be interesting to get some solid data on how many accounts own ships and how many ships they own (just for curiousity's sake). It's clear the claimed number of backers is far smaller than the actual number if those comments are both true, especially when seeing this sort of feedback  https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/266621/how-many-ships-do-you-own and/or http://imperialnews.network/june-2015-star-citizen-survey-results/
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited December 2015
    fact: elite dangerous is a better game than SC. 

prediction:  a lot of people will be saddened when SC releases and is a victim of overhype. this is not the first time we have seen this.. SWTOR, Watchdogs.. etc games that are overhyped usually are busts. meanwhile E:D wasn't hyped at all and is turning into the best space sim on the market. By the time SC releases, ED will have added so much to the game. It's already awesome.

EDIT: I dont care about subs or drama with this game, i just dislike how it's overhyped and all you can play is literally a tech demo. prob gonna be a bust m8s. I also backed this game early on. Checked in 6 months ago and it's pretty much the same thing it was when they first launched the hangars. I dont get the hype
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    klash2def said:
    Its not a fact, its an opinion.

You should read more Elite:Dangerous player forums (here, or the official E:D forum...) .... quite a bit of criticism about E:D to be found there.

E:D is a fine game, but is still lacking a lot of essential elements. That opinion is coming from an early backer and avid player of E:D.  It lacks story. It needs significant improvement in how to play together with other players. Its systems are 99.99999 % empty of anything but procedurally generated planetary system bodies. Its sales strategy (DLC is not sold separately, you are AGAIN buying the main game) is .... debatable.

BUT  given enough time BOTH Elite:Dangerous AND Star Citizen will IMHO be awesome games. With a little patience and a lot of playtesting and incremental improvement.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    klash2def said:
    Its not a fact, its an opinion.

You should read more Elite:Dangerous player forums (here, or the official E:D forum...) .... quite a bit of criticism about E:D to be found there.

E:D is a fine game, but is still lacking a lot of essential elements. That opinion is coming from an early backer and avid player of E:D.  It lacks story. It needs significant improvement in how to play together with other players. Its systems are 99.99999 % empty of anything but procedurally generated planetary system bodies. Its sales strategy (DLC is not sold separately, you are AGAIN buying the main game) is .... debatable.

BUT  given enough time BOTH Elite:Dangerous AND Star Citizen will IMHO be awesome games. With a little patience and a lot of playtesting and incremental improvement.

Have fun
    No it is a fact. Elite Dangerous is actually a full game compared to the tech alpha of the alpha of the alpha of the demo that is Star Citizen. The people crying about story are used to handholding which like EVE, ED does not do. Your story is your to shape and mold. I agree with you though it could use more as far as how to link with other players, and I also agree that in time both games COULD be amazing, but ED is already out, its a full game they are making improvements on often, so ED will get there waaay before SC does and thats if SC even comes out anytime soon.  My op but I honestly feel like the amount of hype that SC has is gonna be why people are let down. If maybe everyone lowered expectations they could surprise us and change the genre.. thats where its at now.. SC sounds so "AMAZING" that it needs to change the entire genre or it will bust. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I do agree that the hype crowd are their worst enemy. It's not like we haven't seen what happens before.

It will be interesting to see how both games weigh up in 2 to 3 years time regardless of which one you prefer.
    edited December 2015
    Shodanas said:
    klash2def said:

prediction:  a lot of people will be saddened when SC releases and is a victim of overhype. this is not the first time we have seen this.. SWTOR, Watchdogs.. etc games that are overhyped usually are busts. meanwhile E:D wasn't hyped at all and is turning into the best space sim on the market. By the time SC releases, ED will have added so much to the game. It's already awesome.

EDIT: I dont care about subs or drama with this game, i just dislike how it's overhyped and all you can play is literally a tech demo. prob gonna be a bust m8s. I also backed this game early on. Checked in 6 months ago and it's pretty much the same thing it was when they first launched the hangars. I dont get the hype
    Fact: you're full of uneducated BS. 

You disagree?

Well, since your majesty considers his opinions as facts allow me to do the same.

Also, SC in its current state has more stuff to show than ED. This from a ED backer and current player.

You have never played ED if you honestly are saying it has LESS than Star Citizen in terms of content? Are you serious? WTF do you mean by "Stuff to show" ? bruh SC right now is a Hangar Simulator.. gtfoh 

EDIT: blind fanboyism will be the undoing of SC 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I'm glad the game is coming along.  Still worried it will be archeage 2.0
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RollermintRollermint Member UncommonPosts: 47
    klash2def said:
      bruh SC right now is a Hangar Simulator.. gtfoh 

And thats why SC critics are usually comedy-gold and treated as such. You guys are so ignorant that its ridiculous.

I don't even have to be a SC backer (and I'm still not) to know that SC is a bit "more" than a Hangar Simulator...thats so 2013/2014 news...

Personally I can't wait for ED and SC to be both fleshed out more, both are too bare-bones for my money. So Eve Online will have to do until they both become proper games.

Very excited for both SC 2.0 and ED Horizons. I don't understand why people cant enjoy both games or have to pick one game and hating another. Its stupid and without logic.
    klash2def said:
      bruh SC right now is a Hangar Simulator.. gtfoh 

And thats why SC critics are usually comedy-gold and treated as such. You guys are so ignorant that its ridiculous.

I don't even have to be a SC backer (and I'm still not) to know that SC is a bit "more" than a Hangar Simulator...thats so 2013/2014 news...

Personally I can't wait for ED and SC to be both fleshed out more, both are too bare-bones for my money. So Eve Online will have to do until they both become proper games.

Very excited for both SC 2.0 and ED Horizons. I don't understand why people cant enjoy both games or have to pick one game and hating another. Its stupid and without logic.
     Wait. So you are not a backer. You haven't played the game. EVER. But you are saying you "know" it's a bit more than a hangar simulator. Really you are a blind fanboy. You never even played the shit you just think it sounds cool.. smh.

Like I said, I am a early backer. I checked in a few months ago, and I still could not fly the ship I purchased, really just able to look at it in my fucking hangar. Don't tell me. There were some other module thing where you can race or some dumb  shit and there was also this combat module that's supposed to be multiplayer "death-match"  one was called swarm or some shit and i forget the other one but there was 2. Im guessing it may have worked for some but for ME it never would work. Don't tell me about my experience if you haven't even played the damn game dude. Biggest waste of money for me until they make it an actual game. I dont give a rats ass about all this alpha testing the alpha shit. I will wait for the game whenever it comes out, but PLEASE stop glorifying this shit as if its the best space sim out when its not even out or a game. It's literally a demo. 

SInce you quoted me I was responding to Your boy who said that there is more "Stuff" in SC compared to ED. Do you really actually agree with this? SC has more to do than ED? Since when? What do you SC fans mean by "Stuff" ? Content? Ships? You are comparing a unfinished game to a finished game that is adding DLC as we speak. Think about what you milk drinking fanboys are saying. I really hate when people overhype shit.. furthermore you dont even realize how much all this hype is hurting the genre.

Again. I support both games and want both to be great. My issue is all this extra blind hype shit from people like you. Defending the game but you never even played it.... milkdrinker. 

This discussion has been closed.