Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best of 2015 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    This year was an extremely boring mmo year.

At least 2016 should be interesting.
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    I agree with the list. I may not be a fan of what ANet did to GW2 but their only real competition was the SWTOR expac - Heavensward sucks. ESO deserved to win best MMO this year. While every other MMO is somehow adding things that detract from their game, ESO is adding good content. It is nice to see that this list didn't forget Witcher even though Fallout hype is in full effect.
  • IchiExorzIchiExorz Member CommonPosts: 1
    Even though I agree with most of this list, i'm a bit surprised with ESO being the best of 2015. It's a great game though.

And Crowfall most anticipated? lol
    To be honest, before I saw this list I hadn't even heard of either Crowfall and Camelot Uncahined. I checked them bouth out and I've only been dissapointed with Crowfall. The original idea seems ok but everything else is just sad. Graphics look bad for a game that will be released in 2016. Combat looks very slow to the point where I don't even see the action combat in it.

Camelot Unchained looks better in my opinion, at least concept & combat wise. Going to keep my eye out for this one.

I'm surprised games like Blade & Soul and Black Desert aren't on that list. Those 2 seem to be much more anticipated han the other 2.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I can't disagree with any of the choices. The only thing I would change is the best MMO expansion, for me, would be either Warlords of Draenor or Heavensward...but I'm biased, I still haven't gotten Heart of Thorns, there's just not enough time in the day to play 3 MMOs lol.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Narwrynn said:
    Nepheth said:
    I agree with the list except the Most Anticipated MOBA for 2016 – Paladins / Runner Up – Overwatch. First of all Overwatch is NOT A MOBA. Seriously why are you guys insist on this. Even Blizzard said that Overwatch is a classic arena shooter with a new hero feature. And the second, Paladins is a very very bad game in my opinion. I played it on the beta and jusy meh... I would pick the Paragon which is the new moba announced for 2016 from Epic Games. It looks amazing. Here is the gameplay trailer;

MOBA = Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
    Are these game multiplayer? Yes.
    Do they have online connectivity? Yes.
    Do you battle in them? Yes.
    Are they in an arena setting as oppose to an open world? Yes.
    They check all the boxes for a MOBA just not a DOTA style MOBA.
    Then Call of Duty, Cs Go, Battlefield 4 etc. are mobas too. /facepalm. If you can categorize games with these simple descriptions then these games are mmos too. Seriously... Overwatch is a fast paced multiplayer FPS game. Period... Heck you can even call it an arena shooter. But a moba? No. Stop trying to include games in every kitten category as you want.
  • April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I have not played Elder Scrolls online for a year, re-installing atm to go check it out again.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• morroIanmorroIan Member UncommonPosts: 10
    HOT best xpac! Not on your nellie. Premium priced with slim actual content for the price, a short poorly done story, grindy mechanisms designed to hide the lack of content. And no it didn't overhaul any of the original content. KOTFE was an xpac that did far more of that than HOT.
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    How much did ANet pay you to say HoT is the best MMO of 2015? If it's the best of 2015 then all others must be piles of rubbish. It's a buggy, broken, mess and a cash shop grinder. One of THE WORST expansions I've seen. ANet should be ashamed.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Moirae said:
    Since when has MMORPG stopped asking fans for their votes to determine this stuff?

Paying customers come first.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    These lists don't matter.  Do anyone you buy games based on this?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    morroIan said:
    HOT best xpac! Not on your nellie. Premium priced with slim actual content for the price, a short poorly done story, grindy mechanisms designed to hide the lack of content. And no it didn't overhaul any of the original content. KOTFE was an xpac that did far more of that than HOT.
    It may not be a very good expac but it is going up against a SWTOR expac that destroyed companions (my understanding is that they have since been fixed) and an FFXIV expac that added flying mounts and next to no content.  All of the expacs actually made their games worse.

It was not a good year for expacs.

I can see KotFE being better from the good things I have heard, but I haven't played it.
  • freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Disagree with Paladins/Overwatch as most anticipated but then I realized most other mobas coming out are completely forgettable and the ones that are picked are not exactly mobas more like 3rd/1st person fpses. People often say they are team based shooters.

Moba
    Smite
    Heroes of the Storm

Not Moba
    Paladins
    Overwatch

Since you cannot put nothing I guess it is still better than stuff like Gigantic, Paragon, and Battleborn because you need people actually who anticipate playing them.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited December 2015
    DMKano said:

Ledrir said:
    I am looking forward to Camelot Unchained.  I hope the Citystate devs will understand that there are alot of players looking for a game that enourages community and cooperation.  Realm vs Realm should be the goal instead of hardcore pvp matches.  

While I agree with you - in the end RvR is an endless PvP match as nobody really wins - just an endless back and forth shuffle of keeps castles changing hands.

Games with a decisive winning team and end to a match have a lot of appeal in their own right.

--------------------------------------- Are they going to fix the quotes? Anyway, you are wrong. Period. What you are talking about is GW2 style rvr. The only thing you are correct about here is there is no end to it, no one "wins". Since when does war have to have a definitive end to it? When it ends it is over. Either way, if you ever really played Daoc you would know it is not like this at all. Daoc was always more than just keeps changing hands.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    waynejr2 said:
    Well, I had no interest in ESO, but seeing all of this praise- I'm gonna go check it out. I'm still doing a lot of stuff in Heart of Thorns, but it sounds intriguing that they have improved so much. 
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

SalmonMan said:
    How much did ANet pay you to say HoT is the best MMO of 2015? If it's the best of 2015 then all others must be piles of rubbish. It's a buggy, broken, mess and a cash shop grinder. One of THE WORST expansions I've seen. ANet should be ashamed.
    You sound bitter and angry. It's a good expansion with some problems that need fixing. - The combat Mode has changed the way I played the game, the legendary collection has given a real means to pursue a weapon, the raid is excellent and upholds the spirits of GW in a new setting, the new zones are challenging, large and add a sense of verticality I've not seen before. the adventures are fun, the new elite specializations are mostly really nice, the new WvW map is massive and quite nice. I like the mastery system though it needs improvements. finally levelling past lvl 80 has purpose.

There is some problems - WvW, sPvP balance, needs fractals changes, more conquest maps, WvW overhaul, new fractals, and fixes to various bugs and such. But I've really enjoyed it so far. Some of my friends can't afford it, and they are really glad that there is no new higher level cap or tiers or gear that forces them to upgrade. GW2 is one of the only games I know that doesnt force you into it. 

All in all- Having put 100-150 hours into it in the month its been out, I'll say it was very much worth the investment:) 
    Hopefully the WvW overhaul, the spvp balance, the fixes to guild missions and fractals and legendary collections will be fixed soonish. 
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    wow, i guess i should be looking at eso a little more. i do keep it up to date. damn, never thought it was that great. think i may have missed something. i did wana play threw eso with a ps4 controller on pc though. seems like it might be fun. i dont know though, gw2. gw2 is kind of a lot more fun in just about every way, to me. gona have to see whats changed and been added over time to eso
  • H4lucinationH4lucination Member UncommonPosts: 18
    No sponsored tags anymore ?
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Kyleran said:
    Too bad the list wasn't for MMORPGs, perhaps then EVE might have been mentioned.
    Nah.
  • FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Elder Scrolls Online is a pretty good rpg, I wouldn't rate it above FFXIV that has twenty times the content and better systems a on year by year comparsion. And I haven't even played XIV for awhile or ESO.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Gravarg said:
    I can't disagree with any of the choices. The only thing I would change is the best MMO expansion, for me, would be either Warlords of Draenor or Heavensward...but I'm biased, I still haven't gotten Heart of Thorns, there's just not enough time in the day to play 3 MMOs lol.
    Heavensward would have probably deserved to win the Expansion of the year, even though it wasn't anything special.

As for WoD it released in 2014.
    In 2015 there was close to zero new content. 

Though if Legion is anything like WoD, I don't see it getting the 2016 best expansion of the year either..
  • iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98
    ESO is not even an mmo, just a single with some multiplayer options. Proclaiming it the best one leaves a big question mark hovering over your expertise in the matter, Bill.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    pingo said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Well, I had no interest in ESO, but seeing all of this praise- I'm gonna go check it out. I'm still doing a lot of stuff in Heart of Thorns, but it sounds intriguing that they have improved so much. 

Well, if you buy it then it will count.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• handheldhandheld Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I definitely agree with Witcher 3 over fallout 4. As much as i absolutely love Fallout 4 the Witcher 3 has quality that has not been seen in a long long time. No other game has an atmosphere or world design as well as the Witcher 3 did it.
  • ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Wohooo! Crowfall :D I know I am anticipating wildly at least, especially after doing some alpha testing.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    emota said:
    The worst year in mmo history

You can repeat that next year.

It takes one to know one.