Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come Play With Me?

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageCome Play With Me?

Even the mightiest Heroes know that it

Read the full story here

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    game population dropped a lot. queu timers are high. not supriced they plug game out next year.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    DMKano said:
    Playing HotS is like riding a bike with training wheels.

After a while it's time to take the training wheels off and try Dota 2, you'll never look back.

so true:) great game for moba newbies but higher skilled move dota or LoL.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I gotta say, coming from Blizzard that is kind of a weak video.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Arskaaa said:
    game population dropped a lot. queu timers are high. not supriced they plug game out next year.

population hasnt dropped, its growing. Q times increased, because a new match maker has been released. The old one prefered quick games, the new one is trying to find better matches, which results in higher quality matches and longer Q times.

Talonsin said:

Its not from Blizzard. Carbot Animations is the creator. They do a lot of Blizzard related stuff.

Arskaaa said:
    DMKano said:

After a while it's time to take the training wheels off and try Dota 2, you'll never look back.

I play mobas since Dota 1. I had over 4k games in pickup, esl and icc. I also played lol with the highest ranking being Diamond. Now Im playing hots - rank 1.

And no, players are not moving to lol or dota2, because they are too skilled for hots. If someone switches a moba, its because he/she either seen enough or he plays in a pro team and chooses the game, which is being promoted and funded by large companies or the game developer itself (LoL/Dota2/Hots).
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Arskaaa said:
    DMKano said:

Higher skill huh. I dono about dota, but the only difference between LOL, and HOTS, is the fact that HOTS is team based, and LOL is more of if one person gets a bunch of items he can kill every one. I don't see how you call a game that adds needless complexity like runes = more skill. That is like saying that in a MMO, the person with the better gear = better skill. 
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I didnt like the game at all, i am not a moba fan because of the low number of skills a character has... And this one is even worse then LoL and DOTA2

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    I don't like the direction Blizzard has taken with their games anymore, however HotS was pretty enjoyable for some time. Mind you it's a super casual game, compared to their competitors. Besides I was even averaging 1 death per 20 kills even though I'm no MOBA expert.

It's a fun game to mess around with your friends from time to time, but certainly not worth the investment either in the way of time or money. I mean I expected it wouldn't even get close to LoL, but I didn't expect the population to fall down this much. It's barely alive at this point.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    DMKano said:

I have one...
    Buying Blizzard is like buying Nike,nothing but name,quality is not there.
    Of course tough to pull off an analogy with a moba not like the genre is doing anything except provide lanes and a hero to waddle down them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not sure how this Carbot animations gets money out of this,they are most certainly paying Blizzard money.The quality of the video likely has nothing to do with Blizzard other than they have permission from Blizzard to use their trademark.

Ben Dai is the guy in charge of Blizzard quality videos,this guy John Burton is simply a Starcraft player /cartoonist.

Now i know a Parady can escape the copyright law but they are using the HOTS name in it's titles so yeah they are paying Blizzard or HE is paying Blizzard.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited December 2015
    Talonsin said:

It's a carbot animation video.

Wizardry said:
    Not sure how this Carbot animations gets money out of this,they are most certainly paying Blizzard money.The quality of the video likely has nothing to do with Blizzard other than they have permission from Blizzard to use their trademark.

Ben Dai is the guy in charge of Blizzard quality videos,this guy John Burton is simply a Starcraft player /cartoonist.

Now i know a Parady can escape the copyright law but they are using the HOTS name in it's titles so yeah they are paying Blizzard or HE is paying Blizzard.

-------------
    Carbot animation was actually hired by Blizzard quite some time ago from what I read. This is why he always makes promotion trailers for their big events. Though he keeps projects like the Starcrafts SC2 mode separate and had a indiegogo campaign for that.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    DMKano said:

I've always felt that LoL and DotA 2 were games for soloists and those who enjoy doing the same things over and over again. While HotS you're only as good as the weakest player on your team due to a dozen maps all with different team-based objectives. No being carried to diamond like I was -- with me being a horrible Moba player -- in this game as it's just too hard to get a good rank on HotS without a great team. Though maybe it's because my friends don't want to try and carry this time around since it's too hard.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Population has dropped, lol. Games start in a second or 2, if anything they ve risen. Played plenty LOL and Dota2 to know that IMO, HOTS is way better then either of those.