Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC Version 2.0.0 LIVE today!

Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
I just can't stop laughing at the moment, the 210.000 Accounts on PTU had a max playercount of 500 on the server due to all the old accounts.
Now hell breaks loose for the servers and christmas holidays are near.

Have Fun :P

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
The cake is a lie.

Comments

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    What?  Can someone interpret this?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    SC PTU Server is very instable and buggy and nowhere near to take so many players.

The cake is a lie.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Very confusing reading that thread. They congratulate the devs without even getting the new build yet. It really is amazing how bad these fanboys are. Maybe I should make a game and try and find fanboys that have no clue about testing builds. Also saying it is a alpha is also laughable. At the least it is a pre pre pre alpha. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    I named my ship the "Derek Smart"
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Saxx0n said:
    I named my ship the "Derek Smart"
    LOL that gets old fast, a lot more people than him are out there telling the truth about the game or again non game. Also a LOT of people have been getting refunds the last month. They have to fight hard for them. Also reading the site anyone that says one word bad about a build get's attack big time. Really sad to see. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Nice that was faster than i expected them to release it to everyone... was thinking it would be next year sometime before i got to try this stage out.
    Brenics said:
    Very confusing reading that thread. They congratulate the devs without even getting the new build yet. It really is amazing how bad these fanboys are. Maybe I should make a game and try and find fanboys that have no clue about testing builds. Also saying it is a alpha is also laughable. At the least it is a pre pre pre alpha. 
    First - I never saw such a toxic and unfriendly community in my lifetime, they are rude to everyone that has the slightest no-hype-BDSSE opinion.
    For your own sake, don't have an opinion while posting on the official boards.

The whole project is a mess without a concept (well except the buyable concept JPGs). They are building a buggy tech demo and think that implement the fun into the game is a trivial thing - Sid Meier would be turning in his grave (if he was dead that is).

The cake is a lie.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    They are only doing this because E:D Horizons is out Tuesday.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Glad they finally moved this to the live servers.  Much more power from my understanding than the one's used for test.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    SC PTU Server is very instable and buggy and nowhere near to take so many players.
    PTU Server?  Is that a Public Test U... Server?  Or just the only server they have which can only hold 500 players?    Ah its the test server they called it a ptu instead of pts I guess they want to create a new word.  But yea I could imagine they might be getting ddosed by the awipes who do that kind of thing.  So it could or could not be proof of severe miscalculation.  Like a 20 million dollar game turning into a 100 million dollar game.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    The game is still not a game yet.
    Its a development progress, a milestone as its the very first persistent mini Universe they are testing.

The 1.3 is void.

Start your launchers, upgrade to 2.0 and see yourself, whats there.
    Delete your StarCitizen/public/USER directory.
    Validate your files.
    Enter the verse.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited December 2015
    The problem is, since it's open to the public, it will be treated as a released product, since it's no longer restricted to a few.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    observer said:
    The problem is, since it's open to the public, it will be treated as a released product, since it's no longer restricted to a few.
    Open to the public?  Did I miss something like they started giving the game away?

My understanding is that it's open to those with Alpha Access that came with their game packages. They may do some free weekends to let others take a peek, but not open to the public. 
  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    observer said:
    Open to the public?  Did I miss something like they started giving the game away?

My understanding is that it's open to those with Alpha Access that came with their game packages. They may do some free weekends to let others take a peek, but not open to the public. 
    No, they didn't. Just the usual BS when the hate barrel starts running dry.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    observer said:

It is open to anyone who has any package. CR opened up alpha access to all backers.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Ikeda said:

I think that's certainly part of it. I wonder how good perfomance will be now that they've opened the flood gates because it was awful on the PTU. 980Ti struggling to get 25 FPS.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    I'm excited for this game to become a shining example of why big developers shouldn't be panhandling for game funding - and should be beholden to a publisher setting deadlines, quality requirements etc for them.

People eat up hype buzzwords like crazy.  Just slop together phrases like "RVR" or "SWG like" or "skill based" or "open world" or "hardcore PVP" and have fools come running to an impending failure.

Kickstarter games are often a stupidity tax on those who lack the ability to wait to make an informed decision.
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353
    There's so much hate against this game right now I'm curious to see what these same peoples reaction will be if this game does manage to pull its weight upon release and becomes a success.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    There's so much hate against this game right now I'm curious to see what these same peoples reaction will be if this game does manage to pull its weight upon release and becomes a success.
    "Congrats, you managed to not mess up a release when you have dozens of millions of dollars in funding, and no time constraints."

Anything less than a great launch is unacceptable.  If they actually pull it off despite everything, then it's not even a newsworthy event.

I don't praise a waiter for successfully bringing a drink to my table without spilling it, either.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    "Congrats, you managed to not mess up a release when you have dozens of millions of dollars in funding, and no time constraints."

Anything less than a great launch is unacceptable.  If they actually pull it off despite everything, then it's not even a newsworthy event.

I don't praise a waiter for successfully bringing a drink to my table without spilling it, either.
    Money alone doesnt guarantee a good game or a perfect launch, there were bigger companies with more money they totally messed up launches. the expactations people have on this game are ridiculous and just because its crowdfunded doesnt mean it has to be perfect and the best game ever made at launch, i cant understand the hate nor can i understand the hype.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Ikeda said:

I think that's certainly part of it. I wonder how good perfomance will be now that they've opened the flood gates because it was awful on the PTU. 980Ti struggling to get 25 FPS.
    Must admit, when i saw that Horizons was releasing in 2 days time (14th Dec) i did wonder to myself, how it was possible that E:D had not just a viable space game, but the planetary bit completed too, i think if they decided to make a planet based shooter a part of E:D then CIG would probably have to either finally get something done in the SC or fold, at this point Star Citizen is looking even shakier than before, and unless they get around to releasing the space part of the game for Star Citizen, in an acceptably working fashion, then their credibility is probably going to be crushed, i don't think releasing a partial version of Sqn42 is going to really help much, assuming they can do that within the next 2 or 3 months that is.
    Torval said:
    They will hate on it regardless. There is nothing this game can do that those who've already made up their minds won't fault. Even if someone comes in an says they have to be absolutely perfect, which is impossible, it won't be good enough... oh, too late. Someone already went there.

Don't foget that a lot of the hate is purely to get a rise out of people. They don't care about the game, the decisions being made etc, the haters couldn't care less whether the game succeeds or fails, it's only reactions they're interested in.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    They will hate on it regardless. There is nothing this game can do that those who've already made up their minds won't fault. Even if someone comes in an says they have to be absolutely perfect, which is impossible, it won't be good enough... oh, too late. Someone already went there.

Don't foget that a lot of the hate is purely to get a rise out of people. They don't care about the game, the decisions being made etc, the haters couldn't care less whether the game succeeds or fails, it's only reactions they're interested in.
    Are valid arguments Hate? or is it that the inability to put together a counter argument is too hard to achieve with such a dearth of resources to build one upon.
    Without something to use as a counter argument then complaining about argued criticism is much akin to admitting that its both accepted and accurate.
    Phry said:

Are valid arguments Hate? or is it that the inability to put together a counter argument is too hard to achieve with such a dearth of resources to build one upon.
    Without something to use as a counter argument then complaining about argued criticism is much akin to admitting that its both accepted and accurate.

Couldn't agree more. It's certainly very easy to whitewash any and all criticism as 'hate' which is completely non-productive.
    But I do think a lot of people jump on the bandwagon (probably from both sides) because they see how easy it is to get a rise out of people.
This discussion has been closed.