Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for F2P game

AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
This discussion was created from comments split from: The Best of 2015 a Awards at MMORPG.com.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

Comments

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Help me pleas :)
    About to dive into virtual for few months, but i am unsure of which game should i pick?
    Should be free to play.
    I got repulsed from Wildstar since its F2P way is similar to SW:ToR aka, unplayable, GW2 and few other games have more balanced gameplay, but might be too borring for me, so i dont know.

I liked both Tera&Archeage so Themepark&Sandbox are cool, as long as they have advanced depth, gameplay, graphics and challenge related to them.

So, which one is the most i can get from F2P MMORPG atm?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    A13xand37 said:
    About to dive into virtual for few months, but i am unsure of which game should i pick?
    Should be free to play.
    I got repulsed from Wildstar since its F2P way is similar to SW:ToR aka, unplayable, GW2 and few other games have more balanced gameplay, but might be too borring for me, so i dont know.

I liked both Tera&Archeage so Themepark&Sandbox are cool, as long as they have advanced depth, gameplay, graphics and challenge related to them.

STO is an incredibly in depth game at end game , reminds of AO in that way as there is an increidble amount of stuff to do to tweak your ship and crew for space and ground missions .. Really a ton under the hood ... has a a friendly F2P model ...
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Split off the off-topic comments into their own post in the relevant forum. This way you can still ask for advice.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Scorchien said:
    A13xand37 said:
    Should be free to play.

STO is an incredibly in depth game at end game , reminds of AO in that way as there is an increidble amount of stuff to do to tweak your ship and crew for space and ground missions .. Really a ton under the hood ... has a a friendly F2P model ...
    I haven't try STO yet is it group depended? Is it mainly pve or pvp?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    A13xand37 said:
    Should be free to play.

I haven't try STO yet is it group depended? Is it mainly pve or pvp?
    You can solo your way right to 60 if you choose and not do any pvp or mix in grouping and pvp thru the que as you please... There are some really fun Fleet operations for groups form 5-20 that you can que up for , that give great rewards and experience...Fleets and grouping are alotta fun in STO imo
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    STO you are only gonna like if you like star trek. The game is bad other wise, the PVP is unbalanced, as well as being on the far right of the P2W scale. Such as that if you think your only gonna play for 2 months, there is no way you would ever be able to do anything other than solo, because your going to be a serious disadvantage, and there is no way to make that much diliutium in that amount of time. I doubt you would be able to get enough to buy a tier 6 ship, let alone equip it. Dil is the thing you get in game to turn into zen, which is the cash shop, which the only way to get the higher end ships is from the cash shop. 
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    STO you are only gonna like if you like star trek. The game is bad other wise, the PVP is unbalanced, as well as being on the far right of the P2W scale. Such as that if you think your only gonna play for 2 months, there is no way you would ever be able to do anything other than solo, because your going to be a serious disadvantage, and there is no way to make that much diliutium in that amount of time. I doubt you would be able to get enough to buy a tier 6 ship, let alone equip it. Dil is the thing you get in game to turn into zen, which is the cash shop, which the only way to get the higher end ships is from the cash shop. 
    I'm a big time Trekkie but reason I never tried STO is PW see I only play sub games as f2p don't keep my attention more then few hours. As soon as game asks for real money I uninstall.