Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think forced-grouping could work if...

18910111214»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Still,  if a game launched with a declared focus on group-play it could be a succes.  I dont see why not. Just dont try to advertise it to be something it's not.

I know it's not the same,  but games like DOTA and LOL or even CS and TF2 are succesful games with near zero singleplay fokus.  I just cant see why it wouldn't be possible to make some sort of crossover mmo with a game like that.

Why is it not the same? World of Tanks, a group only game, is classified as a MMO here. There are tons of examples. 
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    It's not the same to me mainly because of the lack of RP.  When i read mmo i think of mmorpg's. Basicly i'm looking for more of a rpg in a dedicated multiplayer setting.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    It's not the same to me mainly because of the lack of RP.  When i read mmo i think of mmorpg's. Basicly i'm looking for more of a rpg in a dedicated multiplayer setting.
    If you are talking about MMORPG .. it would be hard. I don't see devs leaving out solo options for pve players. 
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    The find tool  wasn't anything special.  Just a list of people lfg  their level, class and a comment on what they are looking for. It was just that grouping was so much fun.  There were classes but you didn't need any specific class to be effective. Pretty much any combination weighed well. 
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.