Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta 1 Key Giveaway! - Black Desert Online News

Comments

• SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Great, missed them again driving home. :angry: 

• vGLvvGLv Member CommonPosts: 1
    This was funny, a true teaser to how the economy on this game could be ruined.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    well I guess if I don't have the time to check that often then I don't have time to play :) maybe I'll check out something else.
  • GahnzoGahnzo Member UncommonPosts: 74
    What makes this so tragic for me is that I decided to watch the giveaway page for about an hour (thinking more keys would come) before I decided to give up. I was also watching other sites for keys too. I leave for 2-3 hours to come back to every site that I was watching, did a giveaway for Black Desert and they all ran out of keys. Woe is me...
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    lol thats crazy.
  • z0mb13n1njaz0mb13n1nja Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited December 2015
    well poop
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited December 2015
    Admin said:
    Also, you are assuming that a bunch of bots/fake users are getting keys but I don't see any proof of that - I just spent about 10 minutes browsing through the list of users that got the first 1250 keys and nothing stood out like past bot/cheat activity we have seen - no large groups of similar IPs, no masses of usernames with no thought. etc.  Once we upgraded to the Google captcha system we saw this kind of activity fall off - because our old captcha was far from bot-proof.

Just because you see keys on eBay does not mean that they came from here - many other websites are giving out beta keys for Black Desert Online today.

No system will be 100% locked down to stop someone from getting multiple keys if they are determined enough but we do feel we have done everything we can for an open key giveaway.

When we kicked this event off today we instantly were showing 1000+ people online in our real time stats and 80% of this traffic was coming from Facebook and Twitter - so I do think that most of the 1250 keys went to legit people.
    FWIW I got a key today and thought it was handled far better than how some of the Alpha keys were given out (on really every site Alpha keys were a problem). I saw a Twitter from Bill Murphy at work today that you guys would be posting a BDO key giveaway in a few hours, so I had been stalking the MMORPG.com homepage with Discord open in another tab. As soon as the page opened, I got a key and let my guildies know and some of them were able to get keys as well - even those that had to first make an MMORPG.com account (which can take time). The captcha system worked well and it didn't let me get another key after that, so I think it did it's job. I think it's just that a lot of players wanted to try the game out now that it's in beta, and your site is one of the few giving out free keys instead of stupid contests or other hoops. The keys lasted a lot longer than they did for Alpha and the bot prevention methods seemed fairly good.

So moral of the story folks is stalk twitter.com/TheBillMurphy k?
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    An other 4 CBT1 key sellers reported on eBay. If you don't want them to play then just don't get them!

Off the record - seems like I have to wait for CBT2 and my €50 pre-purchase to kick in...
  • peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Can anyone hook it up with a Code? Ive played the KR version i just didnt really read any even with the English patch.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    That went quick
  • MurmelixMurmelix Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Man i got lucky i think, when i came to the site, there were ~300 left. After i logged in they dropped to ~250.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    The one day I don't check mmorpg.com...

Oh well, I'm really looking forward to release.  Already got a taste of the game with the RU version and I guess there's no need to spoil anything.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    I grabbed a dozen from that vg247 giveaway.  They have 2500 keys.

Gotta love the idiots that bought them off ebay today, for a beta that doesn't open for several days, instead of just waiting to see if there are more giveaways :)
  • CaimieCaimie Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Thank you, thank you @Gexy91!
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    gexy91 said:
    BIG THANKS for this link. Got my key and will be enjoying the CBT1 for sure!
  • SavilzSavilz Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Ended already I couldn't get the code :(

• DaftxefDaftxef Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Same here :(
  • persiawwpersiaww Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited December 2015
    I really liked the BDO and like to try it :)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    I grabbed a dozen from that vg247 giveaway.  They have 2500 keys.

Gotta love the idiots that bought them off ebay today, for a beta that doesn't open for several days, instead of just waiting to see if there are more giveaways :)
    A dozen? :dizzy: 

Erm... any chance you could give me one? Pretty please? :)
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Re-selling beta keys is almost "standard practice" these days. It's almost as if there are people that specialize in harvesting keys for resale...

The more keys they can harvest, the greater the chance of re-selling them.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    The one day I don't check mmorpg.com...

Oh well, I'm really looking forward to release.  Already got a taste of the game with the RU version and I guess there's no need to spoil anything.
    @holdenhamlet Hey mate, you seemed like one of few excited and looking forward to play this game during the BDO discussions awhile ago. Check your PMs, sent you the spare one i was able to grab.
  • ZataHZataH Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited December 2015
    So sad I was too late for the giveaway, again :( I have really been looking forward to play this game. 
    One of my friends speak really highly of this game.
    Are there anyone out there, with a spare key for me? :) 
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Hi i got 40 min to late for the giveaways, and every key was gone :( So was wondering, can anyone spare a beta key, really been looking forward to this game, have been watching it for a year or to, just been waiting to try this game out, love all the features, the housing looks amazing and the graphics is just too damn amazing, the world looks amazing and all, i would test this game every day of the beta to give good feedback so we could get a great game! :D

People are probably thinking why are this guy not buying a founders pack, pretty simple, i dont have the cash for it, im a student and doesn't really have a high income, so dont have any money atm :(