Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the top 6 B2P/F2P MMOs other than Guild Wars 2?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
Whats the top 6 B2P/F2P MMOs other than Guild Wars 2?

Guild Wars 2 kinda going off into the wrong direction in terms of design management.

So whats some great MMO alternatives?

Note:
Please exclude CORPGs and MOBAs for this list please.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2015
    GW1!!! (yes, im serious)
    ESO
    TSW

EDIT: just counted B2P.
    From F2P i only care about Marvel Heroes which i forgot to mention.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i'd say number 1 is b2p: elder scrolls online.
    number 2, bear in mind i'm a sandbox fan: mabinogi
    number 3, aion, raise if you like faction pvp.
    number 4, for its production value and fun combat, tera.
    number 5, for its originality, the secret world.
    number 6, another nexon, dragon nest.

special note...
    ...if you include free/mium games that are great but imho come close to requiring the sub, add LOTRO and EQ1 .  to me those only dont belong because they play so different when you sub.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Eso, far better than gw2. And their design trajectory is good, unlike GW2 since the past year plus.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Guild Wars 2 kinda going off into the wrong direction in terms of design management.

"wrong" is subjective. You have to say what you do not like. Otherwise, i would suggest Marvel Heroes .. since that game is even more solo friendly than GW2 .. and in my books, that is the right direction. 
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    edited December 2015

"wrong" is subjective. You have to say what you do not like. Otherwise, i would suggest Marvel Heroes .. since that game is even more solo friendly than GW2 .. and in my books, that is the right direction. 
    Something like taking everything from GW2 that mattered, destroying the rewards given from it, and then locking the new (yet lesser) rewards behind owning HoT, ON TOP of many of things... terrible balancing, cop-outs, plain lying etc... to user base.

Edit: Yes, I am salty. Paid 300 dang dollars for 3 collector expansions for Wife, self and friend. LOVE the damn game, HATE the company running it.

RAWR