Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta 1 Key Giveaway! - Black Desert Online News

Comments

• NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    sajuke said:
    Don't want bots to grab keys don't buy them, no demand = no market.Also it reportable on Ebay with the following directionsClick "Report this item" on the right side of the page in the middle of the listing.Select "Copyright and trademark"
    Then "Other copyright and trademark concerns"
    Then "Beta software......." for detailed reasons.

I did this just as you must have posted it. Eff those botting tools and the tools that use them.
  • marcjt20marcjt20 Member UncommonPosts: 106
    And you know MMORPG wont do anything about it....typical
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    They sure went FAST. GG Bots!
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    What a joke.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Keys went jolly quick? Who turned out the lights?
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Lol and MMORPG staff is quiet about this... why in the hell don't you guys do the 1 IP per key thing? Or something..

You guys realize these people are botting several keys and them selling them for profit.

Maybe you should support those who actually support this site instead of coming by, taking the key and leaving.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    marcjt20 said:
    And you know MMORPG wont do anything about it....typical
    It's not like they don't want the keys to go out to actual people, though.  My guess is that they had specific distribution guidelines as opposed to doing a sweepstakes of sorts as there is no way they wouldn't know bots would pick them up instantly.  First come first served manual opt in would probably be best, with negating duplicate sources.

When it first came up, I only clicked on it to find out how much the phrase "limited" was.  Though I chuckled when I saw it was at zero as well; too busy this month to play any betas.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • lemonhead78lemonhead78 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Have to agree that something seems odd. I am home sick today and just read this site before heading over to my other source for MMO news and when I clicked back, they were gone. Literally, less than a 15 span of time. I would really say it was closer to 10 minutes, but wanted to be conservative.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    edited December 2015
    If the ebay keys would have been $2-5 I would have probably bought one, but $15.... reported. 
    Post edited by Braindome on
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    I call BS on this. Someone needs to look into this. I just looked on EBay and the keys are for sale for $5. Reporting as many as I can, but...
  • drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Yea whoever is selling those keys are violating quite a bit of infringement laws coupled with the TOS. Funny they take a chance of being sued for 10 X the amount they will ever get for selling them, I reported all the sellers I saw. GG
  • 2d8bit2d8bit Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Well poo... those went quickly.
  • CaboSoulCaboSoul Member UncommonPosts: 41
    So how many keys did they give away? Cuz they are already all gone. XD
  • grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320
    they were gone in a mattetr of second (maybe minutes. like 2)
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited December 2015
    It is extremely retarded that they do not stagger the batch of key releases in these circumstances....

Not everyone can be on the mmorpg site constantly unless they have nothing else in life to do. Those that work full time or have kids etc can not check that often so much and staggering them at least would give a better chance for us that would like one to get a shot at it.

I am betting as well here that there are multiple emails used from same people just to get the keys and to sell them on etc etc. Lowbie peasants with no morals.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    People have requested over and over and over again to change the giveaway rules, but whoever is in charge is not interested.

This site has sold out long time ago and is only about clicks and advertising.

They don't care for who gets a key, as long as a giveaway generates clicks and adds to the 3,1mio "member" (ha ha ha) count, so that there is something they can show the companies' marketing departments.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I have never understood why they don't do a drawing based on current accounts and dole them out fairly and by the numbers. Surely they aren't clueless as to how these grab bags really work out with the bots or is that their plan all along?

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    edited December 2015
    I am sorry guys but we do everything we can to stop the bots.  The problem is that they are not likely "bots" but real people with multiple accounts.  We do limit IPs to 3 (and we do this because big ISPs also use proxies and many users can have the same IP) but that does not matter either - there are tons of proxy tools that let people have tons of IPs.

FYI there is a second batch of keys that will be released in the next 2-3 hours.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• BotoBRBotoBR Member UncommonPosts: 8
    1 key you guys are kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • randsam2002randsam2002 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    beta 1 there are 2 betas
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited December 2015
    Did you not learn from the Alpha BDO keys, and yet you still made these first come first serve? If 1/20th of the keys got to your actual member's I'd be surprised. Very shameful display.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    hoping for the next batch

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited December 2015
    I'm a little ticked off too. I got here, according to the clock on the post, two minutes after the keys were released, and they were all gone.

Either they only got a dozen or so keys, (more than likely they got 5000), or they were stolen by bots. Less than 10 minutes after these keys were offered there were HUNDREDS of keys up for sale on ebay.

Sorry MMORPG.com, I'm unsubscribing right now.

ADDED AS AN EDIT

Mmm, crow...

Looks like I am eating crow, they got more keys and parcelled them out, and I got one.

Resubscribed!
    Post edited by GladDog on

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Alomar said:
    Did you not learn from the Alpha BDO keys, and yet you still made these first come first serve? If 1/20th of the keys got to your actual member's I'd be surprised.

Very shameful display.

We don't have another way to distribute 2500 keys. We used to have the method of users posting in a thread to get a key but since we migrated the forums off the main site to a hosted solution we cannot tie them together anymore.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Admin said:
    Alomar said:
    Did you not learn from the Alpha BDO keys, and yet you still made these first come first serve? If 1/20th of the keys got to your actual member's I'd be surprised.

Very shameful display.

We don't have another way to distribute 2500 keys. We used to have the method of users posting in a thread to get a key but since we migrated the forums off the main site to a hosted solution we cannot tie them together anymore.
    The fact that you guys cannot come up with a technological solution is on you. Other sites solve these problems. A lot of people are disappointed here and likely going to look elsewhere for their mmo gaming news. This has been an ongoing issue here.