Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big ESO Sales - Including Game

NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
Thought I would post this for those interested.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/11/23/celebrate-black-fredas-with-big-sales

We'll be celebrating Black Friday Tamriel style with our Black Fredas specials beginning this Wednesday!

We have some big sales coming up this week where we'll be offering discounts on ESO crown packs, Crown Store items, adding a special limited bundle, and even discounting the game itself. Read all the fine print below for the exact details, and the dates each item will be available.

CROWN STORE

Beginning on Wednesday, November 25th, we'll be offering a Black Fredas Special for 1,900 crowns on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4. This bundle will include the following items:

• Green Narsis Guar Mount
  • 10 Crown Experience Scrolls
  • 10 Crown Riding Speed Lessons
  • 10 Crown Riding Capacity Lessons
  • 10 Crown Fortifying Meals
  • 10 Crown Soul Gems
  • 50 Crown Tri-Restoration Potions

This bundle is valued at over 8,100 crowns and will only be available until Tuesday, December 1st at 10:00am EST. Note that this bundle is limited to one purchase per account.

In addition, the 5 pack of Crown Experience Scrolls will be discounted by 50%, making them available for just 500 crowns. These are not limited, so you can purchase as many as you'd like until Tuesday.

CROWN PACKS

Starting this week, we'll be discounting the following ESO Crown Packs on account.elderscrollsonline.com/storeand Steam on Wednesday 11/25, the PlayStation®Store on Thursday 11/26, and the Xbox Games Store on Friday 11/27:

• 750 crown packs will be 25% off (this is only available for PC, Mac, and PlayStation®4)
  • 1,500 crown packs will be 25% off
  • 3,000 crown packs will be 33% off
  • 5,500 crown packs will be 40% off

This offer is only available until 11/30 for Xbox One, and 12/1 for PlayStation®4 and PC, so don't delay!

ESO GAME

Finally, beginning on Thursday, November 26th, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will be on sale for 60% off through Steam, the Xbox Game Store, the PlayStation®Store, and our store ataccount.elderscrollsonline.com/store. This includes both the Standard Edition and Imperial Edition of the game, and is only available until Monday, November 30th!

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    With the crown sale I can get those mounts I have held off on.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Not bad, might spend the crowns i have left over on some of that.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    I always see people posting that they never find the game at a discounted price anywhere.  Not a bad time to pick it up and both DLC's and save some cash if you don't want to subscribe.  Now if only they will add a trial.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Nice Sale
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    They are hurting for money. I stopped playing the more harder it got looking for a group. Group tool is either still broke or no one is using it. But then even in zone chat it takes some time to find a group. Hate to say it but I really believe they need to make some major changes in dealing with bugs and how they treat customers.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Hurting for money....so every place that does a Black Friday Sale to increase business is hurting for money?  or more logically they are trying to cash in on people looking to spend money around Black Friday....ding ding ding.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Always put off buying stuff until the holiday sales.  :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Group finder works btw...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Thanks for the info OP.  I have not heard of this until now and was looking for an excuse to jump back in until I open those Christmas games.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

I just hope you stay for a while. That is what the game needs and once they do solve a few of their big problems the game could sky rocket with players. I still hold out hope! The game has to be good enough to hold the players, not the sales it has.  =)

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Gonna get this on PS4 when it goes on sale, been waiting on a sale to get it.  I'm pretty psyched!
    Anyone know about how much it will cost to get all the DLC / ex packs or whatever?  Side note - Anyone else play on PS4 and wanna play? hehe
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    I recommend ESO to my console friends still, this will be nice.  Not playing it myself on PC right now because I just cannot get over how bad the fog looks... yet it somehow looks even worse with the mod to remove it.

I hope they do something about the fog view distance (and the distance it starts to load buildings/trees/etc).  I know it has been ages but they made a point of pushing the fog back with the Orsinium DLC, so they are thinking about it.
    Brenics said:
    They are hurting for money. I stopped playing the more harder it got looking for a group. Group tool is either still broke or no one is using it. But then even in zone chat it takes some time to find a group. Hate to say it but I really believe they need to make some major changes in dealing with bugs and how they treat customers.
    Lol. You are a bit out of touch. The group finder was revamped and is cross faction now and works great. And the DLC's have been great. The population on PC is higher than ever. Game is best MMO on the market. 
    Baitness said:
    I recommend ESO to my console friends still, this will be nice.  Not playing it myself on PC right now because I just cannot get over how bad the fog looks... yet it somehow looks even worse with the mod to remove it.

I hope they do something about the fog view distance (and the distance it starts to load buildings/trees/etc).  I know it has been ages but they made a point of pushing the fog back with the Orsinium DLC, so they are thinking about it.
    Fog on PC?  I have my view distance cranked up. No fog. If it looks better on your console, you might want to consider moving beyond an on board graphics processor to a real graphics card.......
    edited November 2015
    Baitness said:

Fog on PC?  I have my view distance cranked up. No fog. If it looks better on your console, you might want to consider moving beyond an on board graphics processor to a real graphics card.......
    It doesn't look better on console, I am saying it is par for the course on console but ugly on PC.

Also, in your attempt to start something, you are making yourself sound foolish.  The view distance setting has nothing at all to do with the fog, and the fog is a constant complaint among the community.  Here are three recent threads complaining about it:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202206/the-fog-is-terrible
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/218279/removing-the-fog
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/211086/how-can-i-remove-fog-on-a-mac-without-eso-launcher

Here are some screenshots:

It is such an annoyance that one player actually made a mod to remove it.

https://www.gamemodi.net/

It is rather popular and very well known among the people that actually play the game rather than just trolling about it.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer-2/

I have not been using the mod because when you go through its config files, it has options for paid users to do things that are against the TOS.  On top of that, it shows that the game was clearly designed with the fog in mind, as things past the fog distance have terrible terrible textures.

Post edited by Baitness on
    Weird never had that problem, but then I use sweetfx. But even before that never seen that problem. 

edited November 2015
    Brenics said:
    Weird never had that problem, but then I use sweetfx. But even before that never seen that problem. 
    You are fortunate to have not noticed it, I would say, but unfortunately I imagine you will now.  Like I wrote in an earlier post, the devs are aware of the issue and actually pushed the fog back in Orsinium.  If you are playing there, it will look nicer.

Sweetfx doesn't fix the problem, though myself and others have tried to use sweetfx to alleviate it.

Going through the various presets here, a few of the creators say they are trying to fix the fog:
    https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/467/

Unfortunately, in all the presets that show outdoor screenshots, you can still see the damn fog.

Edit:  You also could have meant that you are using the sweetfx included in the ESO Launcher, in which case the launcher is removing the fog for you.  
    edited December 2015
    Baitness said:
    Brenics said:
    You are fortunate to have not noticed it, I would say, but unfortunately I imagine you will now.  Like I wrote in an earlier post, the devs are aware of the issue and actually pushed the fog back in Orsinium.  If you are playing there, it will look nicer.

Sweetfx doesn't fix the problem, though myself and others have tried to use sweetfx to alleviate it.

Going through the various presets here, a few of the creators say they are trying to fix the fog:
    https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/467/

Unfortunately, in all the presets that show outdoor screenshots, you can still see the damn fog.

Edit:  You also could have meant that you are using the sweetfx included in the ESO Launcher, in which case the launcher is removing the fog for you.  
    Nope if I use launcher which most of the time I don't, only on Monday's for patches. Still never had this problem. 

I should also point out never had it when not using sweetfx.