Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please increase the max number on the ignore list or remove the cap

2»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited December 2015
    Sovrath said:
    mmoguy43 said:
    Since the site update, I can't put users on ignore anymore because it is now 438% full. I've removed 28 of those that were banned but still doesn't help.

How do you see if a particular person was banned?
    Their picture is replaces with a big red user banned avatar.

********************************************************************************************

Why do we need an ignore button in the site? Cant you just..............ignore someone?
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    cura said:
    If you have filled up a 50 slot ignore list the solution isn't to add more to the list.  I think the problem lays elsewhere.
    This is example of why i have my ignore list full.
    Umm....that is a bad example.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    50 will have to do then. Clearing them out, most of which are inactive anyway. Here's to second chances :3
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Sovrath said:
    mmoguy43 said:
    Since the site update, I can't put users on ignore anymore because it is now 438% full. I've removed 28 of those that were banned but still doesn't help.

How do you see if a particular person was banned?
    Their picture is replaces with a big red user banned avatar.

********************************************************************************************

Why do we need an ignore button in the site? Cant you just..............ignore someone?
    Guess not for some people.  They need a "safe space"...

I fear for the future of our society.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    cura said:
    If you have filled up a 50 slot ignore list the solution isn't to add more to the list.  I think the problem lays elsewhere.
    It's starting to sound like a good example.
    So that makes 4 people that take a jab at my use of the ignore function while ignoring how or why I use it.

Our current society is already in a really sad state. The future will only worsen by a hostile and judgmental, without reason, way of thinking.

But if those posts were an act of baiting "see, I proved you have ignore issues!", do tell!

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    mmoguy43 said:
    So that makes 4 people that take a jab at my use of the ignore function while ignoring how or why I use it.

Our current society is already in a really sad state. The future will only worsen by a hostile and judgmental, without reason, way of thinking.

The problem is you refuse to understand why they have made those posts.  Not to mention, it is kind of ironic that you post it is them who are refusing to understand yourself.

I don't think it is strange to have an " ignore " feature, but it is kind of strange that is related to forum posts.  I would have guessed that it's use would be for personal messages.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    mmoguy43 said:
    cura said:

But if those posts were an act of baiting "see, I proved you have ignore issues!", do tell!

You realize you called a bunch of people who don't ignore others judgmental?  You made a judgement about others when you ignored them making yourself more judgmental then normal people.  You also did not explain how or why you have so many people on ignore.  I'm also wondering how many people you ignored in this thread alone because it appears you would be easily offended and swayed to do such a thing.  Ignoring spam bots really isn't necessary considering their messages are taken down within hours and their accounts banned.  It might have been necessary years ago but not within the past 2 years.  Maybe open yourself up a bit,  there's plenty of people I would like to ignore but sometimes they post something worth reading and I join the conversation.  You will find that one day a person is acting like a wanker on your thread then the next they are supporting your comments.  Ignoring them for being a wanker one day eliminates any help you will get from them in future posts.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    A great reason to remove the ignore list.
    @MikeB ::waves hand:: you will eliminate the ignore list immediately.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    As we say in EVE, sometimes you just need to HTFU, especially in forum PVP.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JaimlJaiml Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I think there should be a check box for "Ignore all forum posters."   I would find this an incredibly wonderful place if it had this feature!
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    waynejr2 said:
    Heretique said:
    Out of all the years I've been here, only ignored one person lol.

Same here.
    I'd be willing to bet the house on who that is for both of you, lol.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    The trick is not to put people on ignore just because you might have a difference of opinion. That pretty much makes you the ass not them.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited December 2015
    Dauntis said:
    The trick is not to put people on ignore just because you might have a difference of opinion. That pretty much makes you the ass not them.
    I can't say I exactly agree with. while I don't usually put people on ignore (as above in all the years I was here I put 4 people on ignore) I can understand having had enough of someone and just eliminating their bad "vibes" from your life. 

My regular life is predicated on the idea that one should always cut out poisonous people and circumstances. So far it has worked amazingly well. No drama, no stress, it's pretty fun and healthy.

I can understand seeing someone who just annoys you or constantly says things that are annoying and then making the decision that you don't have to have them inflicted on you. 

Now, putting someone on ignore just because you differ in opinion seems a bit intense as these are forums and the are all about discussing differences in opinion. But putting poisonous people on ignore because they don't need to be in your life in any way is another thing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Sovrath said:
    Dauntis said:
    I can't say I exactly agree with. while I don't usually put people on ignore (as above in all the years I was here I put 4 people on ignore) I can understand having had enough of someone and just eliminating their bad "vibes" from your life. 

My regular life is predicated on the idea that one should always cut out poisonous people and circumstances. So far it has worked amazingly well. No drama, no stress, it's pretty fun and healthy.

I can understand seeing someone who just annoys you or constantly says things that are annoying and then making the decision that you don't have to have them inflicted on you. 

Now, putting someone on ignore just because you differ in opinion seems a bit intense as these are forums and the are all about discussing differences in opinion. But putting poisonous people on ignore because they don't need to be to be in your life in any way is another thing.

Well, yes I can totally agree if they are a constant source of antagonizing disagreement. But from the OPs previous post, it seems they want to throw a person on ignore the first time they make a statement in opposition. Also, I think if you have found over 50 people on this site that you can just not tolerate to exist in your world, the problem probably does lie with you and not with those people or the limit of an ignore list.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    waynejr2 said:
    A great reason to remove the ignore list.
    @MikeB ::waves hand:: you will eliminate the ignore list immediately.

You did it all wrong man.  Here let a true jedi show you.

*waves hand*  You want to rethink your life.

*waves hand again*  You want to remove the ignore list.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited December 2015
    Never ignored anyone, I always try and respect everyone's opinions, even the people that attack me. Also found if one person disagrees with me today could very well agree with me a month down the road. Which is exactly why I love this site. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    cura said:

Guess not for some people.  They need a "safe space"...

I fear for the future of our society.
    Forum is safe space. You can talk shit without any consequences here. Thats why i like my block list.
    No, a safe space means you are protected from opinions that might differ from your world view and thus need to be protected from those differing views.

As I said, I genuinely fear for the following generations as they have been culturally trained to avoid any sort of different opinion and that non-conformity is a bad thing.  This has extended into all areas including games and apparently gaming forums.

Anyone toxic enough to merit censorship would be quickly disciplined and then removed by the staff.  Having more than 50 people on an "ignore list" IN MY OPINION is a sure sign of where the true problem lays.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    You guys are definitely in the holiday spirit, I see! I am locking this up. Appreciate the feedback, but we'll be keeping the list to 50.
This discussion has been closed.