Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reborn on Steam as a B2P Title | Mytheon | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageReborn on Steam as a B2P Title | Mytheon | MMORPG.com

MMOs.com has uncovered a little gem of information about Mytheon, Petroglyph's foray into MMOs that launched in 2011 after less than a year of live service between beta and launch. Mytheon has now been reborn on Steam with Petroglyph adding former game shop items to the loot tables and sporting a more-than-reasonable $4.00 price tag for the time being.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Saw this pop up last night, purchased immediately. This is a fairly unique game which IMO was sorely underrated when it first released. It's got aspects of ARPGs and CCGs, decent graphics, and smooth game play. It was a little too P2W though, but going B2P (which it should have done in the first place) means that aspect is no longer an issue. Plus it's $4. Just skip a morning latte. It's worth it.

Mytheon's return was an unexpected, but welcome surprise for me. It's just as good as I remember, if a bit unbalanced.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Yep, purchased this myself. I had no prior knowledge of the game, however. When I learned it was originally a f2p game that was transformed into a single player game I figured it was worth a shot. 
  • klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Going to check this out for sure only $3.99 on steam
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I'm ruminating with regard to purchasing this. It may be just a tad to turn based for me.
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    titanofdoom said:
    I'm ruminating with regard to purchasing this. It may be just a tad to turn based for me.

Its not turnbased
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Ah! Love this game, it's cash shop was terrible, but B2P is very welcome. It could have been decent even with a cash shop, but it was just too heavily built around it at the time. Gonna buy it right now though.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Question for anyone who is playing the new version, does it have WASD or only point and click?

Im very tempted to buy the game now, was never interested in the free version. But the way a game controls is important to me.

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Just picked it up, looks pretty good for the price. Can't wait to try it when I get down with my paper.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited December 2015
    Question for anyone who is playing the new version, does it have WASD or only point and click?

Im very tempted to buy the game now, was never interested in the free version. But the way a game controls is important to me.
    Point and click only. WASD scrolls the camera. That being said, combat isn't as 'active' as most ARPGs, so it's not like you're clicking frantically.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2015
    Solar_Prophet said:

rojoArcueid said:

Point and click only. WASD scrolls the camera. That being said, combat isn't as 'active' as most ARPGs, so it's not like you're clicking frantically.

Thanks. I will pass then. Even though im not a fan of point and click games, that is not the only reason why i never play them. Using the mouse too much hurts my hand. I thought it was carpal tunnel but it seems to be other nerve problems.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    edited December 2015
    price is good maybe ill buy it.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Solar_Prophet said:

rojoArcueid said:

Thanks. I will pass then. Even though im not a fan of point and click games, that is not the only reason why i never play them. Using the mouse too much hurts my hand. I thought it was carpal tunnel but it seems to be other nerve problems.
    Same issue here.  However, I can't even get the game to launch.  Might just try to get a refund at this point.
  • ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    It's not a bad little game but the randomized way stones of power show up makes it hard for me to play the game unless there's a way to make them "stick".
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    rojoArcueid said:
    Solar_Prophet said:

rojoArcueid said:

I have the same problem using mouse too much hurts my hands to the point it feels like burning.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    So what's the loot like? Grades and variety wise?
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Well the idea is nice but it looks a little dated by now and I am not sure if a game that wasn't all that successful in 2011 is more fun close to 2016.

If you like a classic style like this and don't mind outdated grafics I would suggest to go for Summoner from 2001 which was a nice fully fleshed out rpg and it only costs 1$ more than Mytheon.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275570/
    Harbinger of Fools